By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Enzoflam Tablet contains a combination of three active medicines Diclofenac, Paracetamol and Serratiopeptidase. It is used to relieve pain, swelling and inflammation of joints and bones. Side effects like nausea, vomiting, indigestion, bloating are associated with Enzoflam tablets. In case you experience any severe side effects or any discomfort while using this medication, it is important to consult the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Uses of Enzoflam Tablet
Enzoflam is used to for relieving pain and inflammation of muscles, joints and bones in conditions such as arthritis, spondylitis and injuries associated with joints and bones. It is also used after operations and surgeries to reduce pain, redness and swelling.
Contraindications of Enzoflam Tablet
- If you have an allergy to Paracetamol, Diclofenac, Serratiopeptidase or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a history of allergy including asthma, skin rashes or runny nose after taking medicines like Ibuprofen and Aspirin.
- If you have ever experienced severe allergic reactions.
- If you have a history of frequent stomach ulcers or bleeding.
- If you are suffering from any heart disease like heart failure and high blood pressure.
- If you have problems with kidney and liver function.
- If you are pregnant, especially in last trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Enzoflam Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Stomach ulcers
- Swelling in anal area
Precautions and Warnings of Enzoflam Tablet
Can I take Enzoflam Tablet during pregnancy?
It is unsafe to take this medicine during pregnancy. Hence it should not be taken by pregnant women. Taking this medicine in pregnancy can cause defects in the baby's heart or even delay of delivery or increase the risk of bleeding.
Can I take Enzoflam Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to use this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Enzoflam Tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Enzoflam Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen your liver problems and other side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver function related problems.
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure, heart failure.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have kidney disorder, then this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure. Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems like bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease or you notice black tarry stools.
- You have asthma as this medicine can worsen the same.
- You have SLE (autoimmune disorder).
- You are an alcoholic and concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood like clotting problems and anemia.
- You experience skin rashes & lesions after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Enzoflam Tablet
How Does It Work?
Diclofenac and paracetamol present in this medicine act by interfering with the production of a chemical substance called as prostaglandin which is responsible for swelling and pain. Serratiopeptidase is an enzyme that promotes the synthesis of cartilage, tissue repair and wound healing.
Directions for Use of Enzoflam Tablet
This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and can be taken after food.
Interactions of Enzoflam Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of other medicines containing Paracetamol or Diclofenac as there is a risk of liver damage.
- If you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, this medicine can interfere with their effect.
- Medicines like water pills can lead to kidney damage when taken along with it.
- Caution is needed if you are taking medicines to treat heart failure.
- This medicine can increase the levels of lithium and methotrexate on concomitant use.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplants like ciclosporin & tacrolimus can result in kidney damage if taken with this medicine.
- Increased risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding when taken with steroids or other pain relief medicines like Aspirin.
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin and Coumarin.
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin.
- If you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- The effect of medicines used to treat fits, seizures & depression-like Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin and Clonazepam is increased when used together with this medicine.
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections like Chloramphenicol, Rifampicin and HIV infections like Zidovudine.
Storage and disposal of Enzoflam Tablet
- Store in a cool and dry place protected from moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Enzoflam Tablet
Components of Enzoflam Tablet in high doses may result in serious liver and kidney damage. Other symptoms of overdose include headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Last Updated on: 28 Oct 2020 | 05:40 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved