Emof Plus Tablets
By EMERALD PHARMA PRIVATE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Emof Plus Tablets Description
Emof Plus Tab is an antibiotic medicine. It is indicated for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections in adults. It contains two main constituents - Cefixime and Ofloxacin. It wor
ks by causing the death of the infection-causing bacteria. Take Emof Plus Tab as prescribed and for the exact duration. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and should also tell your doctor about the medicines, herbs, supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
|Contains||Cefixime(200.0 Mg) + Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Typhoid fever and urinary tract infections|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefixime(200.0 Mg) + Ofloxacin(200.0 Mg)
Uses of Emof Plus Tablets
Emof Plus Tab is used for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections.
Contraindications of Emof Plus Tablets
- If you are allergic to cefixime, ofloxacin or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to Cephalosporins like cefuroxime, Fluoroquinolones like ciprofloxacin.
- If you have a history of fits or any brain related disorders
- If you have a history of tendon disorder
- This medicine should not be given to children or growing adolescents as it may interfere with their growth.
- If you have a family history of red blood cell disorder (defects in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity)
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Emof Plus Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Emof Plus Tablets
Can I take Emof Plus Tab during pregnancy?
Emof Plus Tab should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety information available about its use in pregnant women. If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning a pregnancy consult your doctor for advice before starting this medicine.
Can I take Emof Plus Tab while breastfeeding?
It is advisable not to breastfeed when you are taking Emof Plus Tab as a component of this medicine passes into breast milk and can be harmful for your baby's joint growth
Can I drive if I have consumed Emof Plus Tab ?
Emof Plus Tab may make you feel dizzy, confused, stiff, less alert and can cause unusual muscle movements. Thus, it is advisable not to drive until you know how this medicine affects your body.
Can I consume alcohol with Emof Plus Tab ?
It is advisable to avoid consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effects of Emof Plus Tab .
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergic reactions including serious skin allergies in different body parts (fluid-filled blisters, bumps, rashes and skin degradation).
- You have diarrhoea, cramps, pain and fever after taking Emof Plus Tab
- You have a kidney problem and you are on dialysis
- You have blood disorders like anaemia and inherited blood disorder (G6PD deficiency)
- You have problems related to liver and kidney and you are taking medicine to prevent blood clotting.
- You have a history of tendonitis (inflammation of tissue which connects muscles to bone) after taking antibiotics or have muscle weakness
- You are experiencing fits, difficulty in movement, confusion, other mental health problems
- You are experiencing pain, a pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness in various body parts
- You experience suicidal thoughts, immediately contact your doctor.
- You are experiencing irregular heartbeats, low potassium levels or have had heart disease
- You are a diabetic taking medicines. Close monitoring of blood glucose may be needed.
- You are experiencing vision disturbances
Mode of Action of Emof Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
Emof Plus Tab works by fighting against the infection-causing bacteria, thus preventing their growth and spread.
Directions for Use of Emof Plus Tablets
- Emof Plus Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or without food.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Complete the course of the medicine as prescribed by your doctor and do not consume it more than that prescribed
Interactions of Emof Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Emof Plus Tab works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking blood thinners, antibiotics, medicines to treat your heart problems, mental health problems, fits, diabetes, asthma, HIV infection.
- Emof Plus Tab should be taken at least two hours before taking acidity medicines, any preparations containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like Didanosine.
- You may experience tendon rupture if you are taking any medicines used to treat inflammation and pain (corticosteroids) like betamethasone, prednisone.
Storage and disposal of Emof Plus Tablets
- Store Emof Plus Tab below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Emof Plus Tablets
Symptoms of overdose include dizziness, altered consciousness, fits, irregular heartbeat, confusion, hallucination and tremor. In the case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy. If you missed any dose of Emof Plus Tab , take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Emof Plus Tab ?
A: You need to complete the full course of Emof Plus Tab , as per your doctor's prescribed duration. You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course. If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccuring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future.
Q: What is the use of Emof Plus Tab ?
A: Emof Plus Tab is a combination medicine containing cefixime and ofloxacin which is used to treat typhoid fever and urinary tract infections in adult patients.
Q: Can Emof Plus Tab be taken on an empty stomach?
A: Emof Plus Tab should be taken as directed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
Q: What are the side effects of Emof Plus Tab ?
A: You may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, dizziness, etc while on treatment with Emof Plus Tab .
Q: What is the dosage of Emof Plus Tab ?
A: Emof Plus Tab should be taken only after consulting the doctor. You should take this medicine in doses, frequency and duration as per the doctor’s advice.
- OMNIX O Tablets (Cefixime + Ofloxacin) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Suprax Tablets 200mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Cefixime/Ofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed