Duzela M 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Duzela M 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules Description
Duzela M tablet is a prescription medicine used for treating depression, urinary incontinence, and neuropathic (nerve) pain related to diabetes. It is composed of Duloxetine and methylcobalamin or vi
tamin B12 as its main ingredients. Duloxetine belongs to a class of medicines called antidepressants. Mode of action of the Duzela M capsule is to increase the levels of specific chemical messengers, which regulates the mood and lower the pain caused by nerve damage. Duzela M capsules help in managing the symptoms of depression, especially in people who are not responding to other medications. It works by decreasing restlessness, stress, fear, irritability, loss of interest, etc. This capsule also has methylcobalamin (vitamin B 12), which repairs damaged nerves and protects them from further damage, especially in diabetic patients. You should take Duzela M capsule exactly as prescribed by a doctor, as it induces sleeplessness, constipation, low sex desire, etc. Most of these side effects of Duzela M capsule do not need medical treatment but consult your doctor if they persist. It should also be used with caution, as it tends to cause mood changes and suicidal thoughts.
|You Save||₹19.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(1.5 Mg) + Duloxetine(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, nerve pain, stress urinary incontinence|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, nausea, headache, dizziness, constipation, loss of appetites, dry mouth, increased sweating, insomnia, low blood pressure, blurred vision, heartburn, changes in sexual drive|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY|
Uses of Duzela M 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- According to CDSCO, the Duzela M capsule can be used for the following conditions.
- It is used in the treatment of major depressive disorders in adults only,
- It is used in managing moderate to severe stress urinary incontinence (lack of control over urination) in women.
- It is also used in the management of neuropathic pain in diabetic peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage due to diabetes).
Contraindications of Duzela M 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you have an allergic reaction to any ingrident of the Duzela M capsule
- If you have uncontrolled hypertension
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (an eye condition, it causes an increase in fluid pressure inside the eye and worsens the situation)
- If you have any self-harming or suicidal thoughts
- If you are already taking different antidepressants
- If you have a severe renal condition
- If you have any bleeding disorders
- If you have severe skin conditions
Side effects of Duzela M 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Excessive sweating
- Blurred vision
- Burning sensation on soles and palms
- Sexual problems like erectile dysfunction, low sex desire, etc.
- Suicidal thoughts
Precautions and Warnings of Duzela M 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You are using any herbal medicines or supplements which can interfere with this medicine and cause adverse effects
- You experience a change or drop in blood glucose levels with Duzela M medicine
- You are an elderly person over the age of 65. You should monitor Duzela M capsule dose as the side effects are high due to slow metabolism
- You notice frequent fluctuation in your blood pressure. Duzela M capsule can cause low pressure when you stand up suddenly (orthostatic hypotension)
Mode of Action of Duzela M 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Duzela M 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Take the Duzela M tablet precisely in the dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor
- Do not exceed the dose of this medicine, even if you cannot feel its effects
- Do not break the Duzela M capsule or chew itTake Duzela M as a whole with a glass of water
- Try not to use it with other medications without informing your doctor
- Do not take this capsule, if the package has been already opened
Interactions of Duzela M 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- If you take other antidepressant medications like diazepam,linezolid, fluoxetine, etc., with Duzela M medicine. It can cause severe reactions
- If you are on blood thinners like aspirin, warfarin, etc., taking them with a Duzela M tablet can increase the risk of abnormal bleeding
- If you are using other medications like sertraline, lithium, and dextromethorphan. They can cause severe side effects
- Try not to take high doses of opioid painkillers like tramadol with Duzela M medicine without confirming with your doctor; it can cause extreme drowsiness and side effects
- Do not try to mix antibiotics like ciprofloxacin; it increases the level of Duzela M in the blood and can cause serious side effects
Interactions with food items
- Some brain-stimulating drinks like coffee, cola, energy drinks, etc., interfere with the effects of Duzela M medicine.
- Try to avoid grapefruit and its juice, as it decreases the effects of Duzela M medicine.
Storage and disposal of Duzela M 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Dosage of Duzela M 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give the Duzela M capsule to the children below 18 years of age?
Q: Would I be addicted to the Duzela M capsule if I took it every day?
Q: Should I take the Duzela M capsule with food or without consuming food?
- Goldstein DJ. Duloxetine in the treatment of major depressive disorder [Internet]. Neuropsychiatric disease and treatment. Dove Medical Press; 2007 [cited 2022 Feb 20]. Available from:
- Duloxetine for Chronic Depression: a Double-blind Study - Full Text View [Internet]. Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 20]. Available from:
- M; PWSGA. Duloxetine in major depressed patients resistant to SSRIs and/or venlafaxine [Internet]. Psychiatria Danubina. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 feb 20]. Available from:
- Fakoya AOJ, Omenyi P, Anthony P, Anthony F, Etti P, Otohinoyi DA, et al. Stevens - Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis; Extensive Review of Reports of Drug-Induced Etiologies, and Possible Therapeutic Modalities [Internet]. Open access Macedonian journal of medical sciences. Republic of Macedonia; 2018 [cited 2022 Feb 20]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 Feb 2022] -