Dutagen 0.5mg Capsule
Dutagen 0.5 MG Description
Dutagen Capsule is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with enlarged prostate. It is a condition characterized by urinary problems such as difficulty in passing urine, voided urin
e, pain while urinating, etc. Dutagen Capsule contains dutasteride as its active ingredient. Avoid handling Dutagen Capsule with bare hands, as it can get absorbed through the skin. This medicine releases in semen and if gets exposed to the growing fetus it may adversely harm the growing fetus. This medicine may alter sperm motility, counts, and can also cause harm to the growing fetus if it is exposed to the affected semen. If pregnant women come in contact with the capsule, the contact area should be washed immediately with soap and water.
|You Save||₹46.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)|
|Side effects||Erectile dysfunction, breast enlargement, dizziness, altered sexual activiity|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
- Duprost 0.5mg CapsuleBy Cipla Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 268.86₹ 228.5313.28% CHEAPER₹ 22.85/Capsule
Uses of Dutagen 0.5 MG
Contraindications of Dutagen 0.5 MG
- If you are allergic to dutasteride or any other ingredient of Dutagen Capsule.
- If you have a severe liver disorder.
- If you are a woman, child and adolescent.
Side effects of Dutagen 0.5 MG
- Erectile dysfunction
- Difficulty in ejaculation
- Decreased sperm count
- Breast enlargement
- Altered sexual activity
Precautions and Warnings of Dutagen 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver problems, your doctor may advise a few liver function tests before and during the course of treatment.
- You are sexually active.
- Your partner is pregnant, exposing her to your semen may adversely affect your baby.
- You are undergoing prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test, as Dutagen Capsule may alter the results.
- You notice or experience any lump in the breast or discharge from the nipple, pain and breast enlargement, after taking this medicine.
- Dutagen Capsule should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Dutagen 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dutagen 0.5 MG
Interactions of Dutagen 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Dutagen Capsule works, or dutasteride itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines for eg. to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Dutagen 0.5 MG
- Store below 30°C in the original package.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children and pet.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Dutagen 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Dutagen Capsule?
Q: Is Dutagen Capsule affects the fertility?
Q: Is Dutagen Capsule a steroid?
- Dutasteride 0.5 mg capsules, soft - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Dutasteride 0.5 mg capsules, soft - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]