Duolin Respules 5*2.5ml
By CIPLA LIMITED
2.5ml Respiratory Solution in Packet
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Duolin Respules contain a combination of two medicines, Ipratropium and Levosalbutamol. It is used to treat difficulty in breathing, coughing and whistling sound while breathing which are the symptoms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). COPD is the disorder where your lung is damaged and making the passage of air in the lungs difficult. Duolin Respules block the effect of substances which produces tightening of air tubes in the lungs and relaxes them. Patients with diabetes, glaucoma, prostate or heart problems should cautiously use this medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines, supplements or herbs your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from or before starting this medicine.
Uses of Duolin Respules 5*2.5ml
Duolin Respules is used to relieve symptoms of COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) like breathing difficulties, coughing and whistling sound while breathing and tightness in the chest.
Contraindications of Duolin Respules 5*2.5ml
- If you are allergic to Ipratropium or Levosalbutamol or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to atropine or its derivatives
- If you have any problems with your heart
- If you are below 12 years of age (as there is no information on safety)
Side effects of Duolin Respules 5*2.5ml
- Headache, dizziness
- Cough, runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, indigestion, constipation
- Dry mouth, sore throat
- Shakiness, nervousness
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Breathing problem
- Palpitations, chest pain
- Blurred vision
- Skin rash, itching, swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Duolin Respules 5*2.5ml
Can I take Duolin Respules during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Duolin Respules in human pregnancy However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is really needed and the advantage overweighs the risk. Consult your doctor before starting any medicine if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Duolin Respules while breastfeeding?
- It is unknown if the components of Duolin Respules pass into breast milk. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. Consult your doctor before using any medicine while breastfeeding.read less
Can I drive if I have consumed Duolin Respules?
There is limited information about the effects of Duolin Respules on driving but this medicine may cause dizziness and blurring of vision, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Duolin Respules?
Alcohol intake along with the use of Duolin Respules can make you more dizzy or drowsy. Thus, you should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any heart problems.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have diabetes.
- You have glaucoma.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You had or have fits.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have difficulty passing urine due to bladder problems or an enlarged prostate (mostly in men).
- You are suffering from a condition called cystic fibrosis. It increases the chances of getting stomach disturbances if you use Duolin with it.
- The chances of side effects increase significantly in the elderly population, so elderly patients should be cautious while using this medicine.
- Duolin Respules is not recommended for use in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Duolin Respules 5*2.5ml
How Does It Work?
- COPD is a common lung problem that produces damage to the lungs over the period. This condition produces symptoms like coughing with mucous for a long time and eventually leading to breathing difficultiesread less
- Duolin Respules works by the anticholinergic effect of Ipratropium and the bronchodilator effect of Salbutamol
- Few chemical substances (Acetylcholine) released in the body are responsible for the tightness of breathing tubes
- Ipratropium blocks the effect of this substance and decreases the tone of breathing tubes, thus making breathing easier
- Salbutamol acts mainly on smaller lung tubes and dilates them by relaxing the muscles
Directions for Use of Duolin Respules 5*2.5ml
- Duolin Respules should be used in the exact dose and frequency advised by your doctor. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Follow all the instructions and read the label or leaflet before use.
- It should not be swallowed. It is to be inhaled with the help of a nebulizer or a mouthpiece. It should be used immediately after opening it.
- Do not dilute the content of Respules. Do not inhale the Respules directly. Discard all the solutions left in the nebulizer and open Respules as well.
Interactions of Duolin Respules 5*2.5ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Duolin Respules may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Concomitant use of Duolin Respules along with medicines used to treat psychiatric illness (Amitriptyline, selegiline, etc.) or medicines used to treat asthma (Albuterol, Epinephrine) should be avoided as it may alter the effects of this medicine.read less
- Concomitant use of this medicine with beta-blockers like Propranolol, Labetalol, etc. (used to treat high blood pressure and heart problems), may decrease the effectiveness of Duolin.
- Concomitant use of this medicine with water pills like Furosemide, Hydrochlorothiazide may decrease the potassium level in the body which leads to heart rhythm abnormalities. Your doctor may advise monitoring of blood potassium levels.read less
- Other medicines like Digoxin (used to treat heart problems), Xanthine preparations like Theophylline (used in asthma) and should be used cautiously along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Duolin Respules 5*2.5ml
- Store Duolin Respules below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine once the expiry date has passed. The expiry date denotes the last day of that month.
- Do not use Duolin Respules if you notice that the pack is damaged, or it shows signs of tampering.
- Do not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Duolin Respules 5*2.5ml
- Excess of Duolin Respules will lead to a heart attack or can even be fatal.
- Symptoms of overdose are headache, dry mouth, palpitation, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, fever, sleeplessness, nervousness, shakiness, restlessness, confusion, hallucinations, fits, chest pain, altered blood pressure, irregular heartbeats.read less
- Seek urgent medical help if you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Duolin respules may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Duolin Respules used for?
A: Duolin Respules is used to treat Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD) and its symptoms are sneezing, coughing, difficulty in breathing, chest tightness, etc.
Q: I am taking medicines for diabetes, can I use Duolin Respules?
- Duolin Respules may alter the blood glucose level in the body. If you have diabetes, tell your doctor before starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may evaluate your situation and prescribe it in dose and duration accordingly. He may ask you to do some blood glucose monitoring tests if necessary.
Q: Can I stop taking Duolin Respules on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Duolin respules until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good as it may lead to treatment failure.
Q: How does Duolin Respules work?
- Duolin is a combination of two medications, Ipratropium and Levosalbutamol.
- Ipratropium decreases the resistance in breathing tubes in the lungs, while Levosalbutamol relaxes the smaller airway tube muscles so that more air reaches the lungs. Thus, it is useful in relieving symptoms of COPD like coughing, wheezing and breathing difficulties.read less
Q: Can I give Duolin Respules to my son, who is 10 years old?
A: No, Duolin Respules should not be given to children below the age of 12 years. You should never self-prescribe any medicine on your own without consulting a doctor.
Q: Is Duolin Respules habit-forming?
A: No habit-forming tendencies have been reported with Duolin Respules.
Q: Do Duolin Repsules contain Steroids?
A: No Duolin Repsules do not contain steroids. It contains Ipratropium and Levosalbutamol which relaxes the muscles of the airways in the lungs.
Last Updated on: 28 Oct 2020 | 06:33 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 18% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved