Drotin M Strip Of 8 Tablets
By WALTER BUSHNELL LTD
8 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Drotin-M Tabletis used for the treatment of muscle spasm and pain. It contains a combination of Drotaverine and Mefenamic acid. Drotin-M tablet works by the combined action of its two constituents. Drotaverine is an antispasmodic medicine, and Mefenamic acid has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
Uses of Drotin M Strip Of 8 Tablets
Treatment of menstrual cramps, stomach pain, and muscle spasms
Contraindications of Drotin M Strip Of 8 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Mefenamic acid, Drotaverine or any of the ingredient of Drotin-M tablet.
- If you have a kidney or liver function problem, history of asthma or peptic ulcers.
- If you have any blood-related disorders like unusual bleeding and porphyria (related to haemoglobin function).
Side effects of Drotin M Strip Of 8 Tablets
- Dryness in mouth
- Thirsty feeling
Precautions and Warnings of Drotin M Strip Of 8 Tablets
Can I take Drotin-M tablet during pregnancy?
There is no specific information available on the safety of Drotin-M in pregnancy. Constituents of Drotin-M is known to be unsafe during pregnancy. Thus, it is advised to consult your doctor before taking this medicine, if you are pregnant. Your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Drotin-M tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed if you are taking this medicine. It can harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Drotin-M tablet?
It can cause dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness, visual disturbance, etc. It would be better if you do no drive or operate any machinery when you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Drotin-M tablet?
Try to avoid alcohol intake along with this medicine. It may worsen the side effects, and it can also make you dizzier.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly person, the chances of getting side effects are more.
- You have a history of any kind of respiratory disorders like asthma.
- You have a liver or kidney function problem.
- You are suffering from fits, tremors or epilepsy.
- You have a heart-related problem or high blood pressure.
- You have a history of heart failure or such episodes.
- You are suffering from ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- You experience allergic reactions upon consumption of Drotin-M.
- Women may experience infertility. Thus, women who are trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment should avoid consuming this medicine.
Mode of Action of Drotin M Strip Of 8 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Pain and spasm are experienced due to the production of an inflammatory mediator called prostaglandin and due to reduced calcium levels. Drotin-M helps in relieving such symptoms due to the combined action of its constituents.read less
- Drotaverine acts by inhibiting an enzyme which reduces calcium uptake by the cells, thereby correcting the calcium levels in the body it reduces the spasms in the smooth muscles. Mefenamic acid inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain.read less
Directions for Use of Drotin M Strip Of 8 Tablets
Take Drotin-M tablet as directed by your doctor with a sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Drotin M Strip Of 8 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Drotin-M tablet contains mefenamic acid and Drotaverine, any interactions are seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat blood pressure like Aliskiren, Captopril and Valsartan should be avoided.
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin should be used cautiously with Drotin-M as there is increased risk of bleeding.
- Drotin-M should not be taken along with other pain killers or analgesic medicines.
- Drotin-M can aggravate the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines, and you may experience symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Water pills, Cyclosporin, and Tacrolimus if taken along with Drotin-M can increase the risk of toxicity to kidneys.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding and ulceration if Drotin-M is taken along with steroids and certain medicines used for mental illness.
- Other medicines like Prednisone, Methotrexate, Fluconazole, Zidovudine, Digoxin, Probenecid, and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Drotin M Strip Of 8 Tablets
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Drotin M Strip Of 8 Tablets
There is no specific information available on the overdose of Drotin-M tablet. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed the dose; take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it's already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take after taking this medicine?
A: If you have a history of low blood pressure, your doctor may ask you for regular blood pressure checkups because this medicine can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure.
Q: Can Drotin-M be used for menstrual cramps?
A: Yes, it is helpful in relieving spasm and cramps associated with periods. However, for prolonged and painful episodes consult your doctor.
Q: Is Drotin-M safe during breastfeeding?
A: No, constituents of Drotin-M may pass into breast milk and can affect the breastfed baby. Avoid using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Q: Is Drotin-M a painkiller?
A: No, Drotin-M is a combination medicine. It has both painkiller and antispasmodic properties. It is used for the treatment of spasm and pain associated with smooth muscles due to menstruation and abdominal pain.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 10:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved