Dvn Plus Tablet
By OVERSEAS HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dvn Plus Tablet is a combination of medicine that contains two main ingredients - Drotaverine and Mefenamic acid. It is used for the treatment of pain and muscle spasm. It works by the combined action
of its two constituents. Drotaverine is an anti-spasmodic medicine and Mefenamic acid has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties....
Uses of Dvn Plus Tablet
- Treatment of menstrual cramps, stomach pain, and muscle spasms
Contraindications of Dvn Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to Mefenamic acid, Drotaverine, or any of the ingredients of Dvn Plus Tablettablet.
- If you have a kidney or liver function problem, history of asthma, or peptic ulcers.
- If you have any blood-related disorders like unusual bleeding and porphyria (related to haemoglobin function).
Side effects of Dvn Plus Tablet
- Dryness in mouth
- Thirsty feeling
Precautions and Warnings of Dvn Plus Tablet
Can I take Dvn Plus Tabletduring pregnancy?
There is no specific information available on the safety of Dvn Plus Tablet in pregnancy. Constituents of Dvn Plus Tablet are known to be unsafe during pregnancy. Thus, it is advised to consult your doctor before taking this medicine, if you are pregnant. Your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Dvn Plus Tabletwhile breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed if you are taking this medicine. It can harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dvn Plus Tablettablet?
It can cause dizziness, drowsiness, tiredness, visual disturbance, etc. It would be better if you do not drive or operate any machinery when you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Dvn Plus Tablettablet?
Try to avoid alcohol intake along with this medicine. It may worsen the side effects and it can also make you dizzier.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly person, the chances of getting side effects are more.
- You have a history of any kind of respiratory disorders like asthma.
- You have a liver or kidney function problem.
- You are suffering from fits, tremors, or epilepsy.
- You have a heart-related problem or high blood pressure.
- You have a history of heart failure or such episodes.
- You are suffering from ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
- You experience allergic reactions upon consumption of Drotin-M.
- Women may experience infertility. Thus, women who are trying to conceive or taking any fertility treatment should avoid consuming this medicine.
Mode of Action of Dvn Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Reduced calcium levels and production of an inflammatory mediator called prostaglandin cause pain and spasm.Dvn Plus Tablet helps in relieving such symptoms due to the combined action of its constituents....Read more
- Drotaverine acts by inhibiting an enzyme which reduces calcium uptake by the cells, thereby correcting the calcium levels in the body, it reduces the spasms in the smooth muscles. Mefenamic acid inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins which is responsible for pain....Read more
Directions for Use of Dvn Plus Tablet
Take Dvn Plus Tabletas directed by your doctor with a sufficient amount of water.
Interactions of Dvn Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Dvn Plus Tabletcontains Mefenamic acid and Drotaverine, any interactions are seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat blood pressure like Aliskiren, Captopril, and Valsartan should be avoided.
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin should be used cautiously with Dvn Plus Tabletas there is an increased risk of bleeding.
- Dvn Plus Tablet should not be taken along with other pain killers or analgesic medicines.
- Dvn Plus Tablet can aggravate the blood-glucose-lowering action of anti-diabetic medicines and you may experience symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Water pills, Cyclosporin, and Tacrolimus, if taken along with Dvn Plus Tablet, can increase the risk of toxicity to kidneys.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding and ulceration if Dvn Plus Tabletis taken along with steroids and certain medicines used for mental illness.
- Other medicines like Prednisone, Methotrexate, Fluconazole, Zidovudine, Digoxin, Probenecid, and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously
Storage and disposal of Dvn Plus Tablet
- Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Dvn Plus Tablet
There is no specific information available on the overdose of Dvn Plus Tablet tablet. If you think you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose, if you have missed the dose, then take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it's already time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow your normal dosin
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take after taking this medicine?
A: If you have a history of low blood pressure, your doctor may ask you for regular blood pressure checkups because this medicine can cause a sudden drop in blood pressure.
Q: Can Dvn Plus Tablet be used for menstrual cramps?
A: Yes, it helps relieve spasm and cramps associated with periods. However, for prolonged and painful episodes, consult your doctor.
Q: Is Dvn Plus Tablet safe during breastfeeding?
A: No, constituents of Dvn Plus Tablet may pass into breast milk and can affect the breastfed baby. Avoid using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Q: Is Dvn Plus Tablet a painkiller?
A: No, Dvn Plus Tablet is a combination of drugs. It has both painkiller and antispasmodic properties. It is used for the treatment of spasm and pain associated with smooth muscles due to menstruation and abdominal pain.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved