Drospy 30mcg Tablet
Drospy 30mcg Tablet Description
Drospy Tablet is used as an oral contraceptive pill for women. It is a combination pill consisting of two synthetic female sex hormones such as drospirenone and ethinylestradiol as the active ingredi
ent. Any woman who considers using oral contraceptives should understand the benefits and risks of using this form of birth control. This medicine does not protect against HIV infection (AIDS) or any other sexually transmitted disease. This medicine acts by inhibiting the ovulation and formation of the endometrium. Take Drospy Tablet as advised by your doctor. You can take this medicine with or without meals, but probably at a fixed time daily to gain optimum benefit.
Uses of Drospy 30mcg Tablet
Contraindications of Drospy 30mcg Tablet
- If you are allergic to drospirenone, ethinylestradiol or any of the components present in the pill.
- If you have or had a blood clot in a blood vessel of your legs (deep vein thrombosis, DVT), your lungs (pulmonary embolus, PE) or other organs.
- If you are suffering from blood clotting disorder or any other deficiency disorder.
- If you ever had a heart attack, stroke or chest pain.
- If you have severe diabetes with blood vessel damage, high blood pressure and an increased level of fat in the blood (cholesterol) that may increase your risk of a clot in the arteries.
- If you are suffering from migraine, any kidney or liver disease.
- If you have or had a liver tumour.
- If you have or are suspected to have a sex hormone-dependent tumour.
- If you have any unexplained bleeding from the vagina.
- If you had surgery with immobilisation for a longer duration.
Side effects of Drospy 30mcg Tablet
- Menstrual disorders (bleeding between periods).
- Breast pain
- Breast tenderness
- Low mood
- Vaginal infection
- Vaginal discharge
Precautions and Warnings of Drospy 30mcg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have or had any blood clotting disorder and are on medication for the same.
- You are obese.
- You have any other known medical condition such as liver, heart, kidney, etc.
- You are an active smoker.
- You have a tumour.
- You experience irregular bleeding.
Mode of Action of Drospy 30mcg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Drospy 30mcg Tablet
- Drospy Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the Tablet. It can be taken with food.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Drospy 30mcg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Drospy Tablet works or Drospy Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-tubercular, anti-HIV, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Drospy 30mcg Tablet
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the packet.
- Do not store it above 25°C.
- Do not throw the medication via household waste or wastewater. Ask your pharmacist about the proper disposal of medicines no longer required.