Doxin 10mg Capsule
Doxin 10 MG Description
Doxin is an FDA-approved medication used to treat Major Depressive Disorder. It is prescribed to treat patients who have Insomnia (difficulty sleeping). It also helps treat other conditions such as d
epression, anxiety, panic attacks by lightning and relieving the mood. It is available in capsules, topical formulation and oral formulation. Depression appears as a result of a chemical imbalance and a lack of neurotransmitters in the brain. Doxin contains Doxepin as an active ingredient. It works by increasing the activity of hormones in the brain, which regulate mood, emotions and behaviour by stimulating positive thoughts and feelings in the Person. Doxepin belongs to the class of tricyclic antidepressants. Further, Doxin helps in treating conditions such as skin pruritus. Topical creams of Doxin work as a local anaesthetic in managing pain and have been useful in treating urethral irritation and dysuria. It also helps in reducing pain by increasing the uptake of feel-good hormones (serotonin) and gives the individual momentary relief. The duration of this medicine and the dose varies among individuals depending on the condition and severity it is being used for. You should not take more doses than prescribed by your doctor. This medicine is not meant for children. The use of Doxin 10mg without proper prescription by a doctor can cause serious health issues.
|You Save||₹5.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Insomnia, anxiety, depression, panic attacks|
|Side effects||Abnormal eye movements, memory impairment, tiredness, drowsiness, uncoordinated body movements, nausea|
Uses of Doxin 10 MG
- The oral formulation is used in the treatment of Insomnia.
- Oral capsule formulation and oral solution are prescribed to manage symptoms of anxiety.
- Topical formulations can be used to manage skin pruritus.
- Topical creams of Doxin work as a local anaesthetic in managing pain and have been helpful in the treatment of urethral irritation and dysuria.
- Used as an analgesic in treating neuropathic pain.
Contraindications of Doxin 10 MG
- If you are allergic to Doxepin or any other ingredients of the tablet Doxin 10mg.
- If you have a history of seizure disorder or conditions predisposing to seizures (e.g. brain damage, epilepsy).
- If you are taking medication for any skin infections, such as ketoconazole and itraconazole, it may cause a hypersensitivity reaction(avoid using the tablet for at least 14 days).
- If you suffer from diabetes or have bleeding tendencies, bradycardia ( slow heartbeat), recent, decompensated heart failure, electrolyte disturbances (e.g. hypokalaemia), metabolic disease.
- If you have undergone recent heart surgeries.
- If you are taking MAO inhibitors, which are also used to treat depression. There should be a minimum gap of 14 days between the onset of the medication.
- If you are suffering from renal or liver problems, it may lead to hepatic failure or renal impairment.
- If you are pregnant and lactating.
Side effects of Doxin 10 MG
- Increased heart rate
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in urination
- Dryness in mouth
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Doxin 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have been consuming alcohol with the medication.
- You are taking any other medication at present, including medication you may buy without a prescription.
- You are planning to have a child, or if you become pregnant while taking this medication.
- You think the medication is not working and want to change the dosage without consulting your doctor. Even when the medication is used as recommended, it may cause emotional and/or physical dependence. ...
- You want to discontinue treatment in a careful and safe manner. Discontinuation symptoms such as seizures or respiratory distress can occur if the medication is abruptly discontinued. Proper discontinuation will help to decrease the possibility of withdrawal reactions....
- You have a history of any other mental or mood problems (e.g., depression), alcohol dependency or other substance abuse or dependence.
- You are in poor health, overweight, or are experiencing abnormal muscle movements.
Mode of Action of Doxin 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Doxin 10 MG
- Take the Doxin 10mg tablet as a whole with a glass of water or as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole. Do not crush, chew or break it.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- The dosage and duration depend on the disease of the individual, the patient’s age and medical history.
- Doxin tablets can cause dependency and thus should be taken with proper prescriptions.
Interactions of Doxin 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take this tablet if you are already taking another medication such as linezolid, i.e.Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors( MAO), as it may enhance the effect of the tablet and can cause severe complications. ...
- Oral anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin), antiplatelet agents (e.g. ticlopidine, aspirin, dipyridamole), antipsychotics, and NSAIDs increases bleeding tendencies.
- Other antidepressants (e.g. other SSRIs) increases the risk of seizures, as they can cause a condition known as serotonin syndrome.
- Enhanced hypoglycemic effect of antidiabetic agents, so if you are a diabetic, you should consult the doctor before taking the medication.
Interactions with food items
- No research was conducted to prove any interaction of the drug with food. However, if you feel any reactions on your skin or body after taking the medication, consult your doctor immediately.
Storage and disposal of Doxin 10 MG
Dosage of Doxin 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Rashika Tripathi
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)