Dilzem 120mg Tablet
Dilzem 120 MG Description
Dilzem Tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine. It contains diltiazem as an active ingredient. Dilzem Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure and angina (chest pain due to reduce
d blood supply to the heart). It works by relaxing the blood vessels thereby decreasing the blood pressure. It improves the blood supply to heart muscles. The medicine is to be taken as directed by the doctor before or after food. High blood pressure and angina are critical health conditions if not treated well may affect other organs of the body including the heart, blood vessels, kidneys, brain etc and may lead to heart attack, heart failure, vision loss, kidney failure. Taking the medicine regularly as prescribed by the doctor along with other lifestyle modifications such as eating a healthy diet low in salt and fat, staying active, maintaining a healthy weight, and consuming alcohol in moderation may help you control blood pressure better. You should also inform the doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment. For the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood supply to the heart).
Uses of Dilzem 120 MG
Contraindications of Dilzem 120 MG
- If you are allergic to other ingredients of the medicine.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
- If you have a heart-related disorder such as heart block, sick sinus, heart failure.
- If you have heart failure along with fluid accumulation in the lungs.
- If you have taken or taking a muscle relaxant medicine dantrolene via injection.
Side effects of Dilzem 120 MG
- Fluid retention
Precautions and Warnings of Dilzem 120 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a heart-related condition apart from what the medicine is being used for.
- You have slow heart rate problems, heart block, heart failure, etc.
- You have a condition called porphyria (a blood-related disorder that may affect the brain and skin).
- You are going for surgery which requires you to be on anesthesis, inform the doctor you are taking the medicine.
- You have a liver or kidney-related condition.
- You may experience mood changes and feel low very often after initiating treatment with the medicine.
Mode of Action of Dilzem 120 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Dilzem 120 MG
- Take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor before or after taking food with water.
- Try to take the medicine at a fixed time for effective blood pressure control.
Interactions of Dilzem 120 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines may affect the way Dilzem Tablet works, or Dilzem itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Dantrolene a muscle relaxant medicine should never be taken while taking the medicine and medicines used vasodilators such as nitrates should not be taken along with the medicine as it may lead to a pronounced drop in blood pressure....
- Especially if you should be cautious if you are taking other blood pressure-lowering medicine, certain antibiotics, acidity medicines, steroids, medicines for a brain-related disorder, anti-HIV medicines, cholesterol-lowering medicines, immunomodulators, medicines for heart conditions, and muscle relaxants....
Storage and disposal of Dilzem 120 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Discard unused portion properly.
Dosage of Dilzem 120 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Dilzem Tablet if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
Q: What lifestyle modification I should follow to control blood pressure?
Q: What complications if high blood pressure is not under control?
Other Products from this Brand
- DILZEM 30MG 15'S
- DILZEM SR 90MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- DILZEM CD 90MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- DILZEM 60MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- DILZEM CD 180MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- DILZEM CD 180 STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- DILZEM IV 25MG VIAL OF 5ML INJECTION
- DILZEM GEL 30GM
- DILZEM SR 90MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- DILZEM 60MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS