Diclomove 100mg Inj 3ml
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
This product is discontinued
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Diclomove Injection is a medicine used to relieve pain and inflammation. It contains diclofenac as an active ingredient. It is used to relieve acute pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, gout, pain following an operation, due to dental procedures and trauma. This medicine works by blocking the formation of a chemical prostaglandin, responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation. The medicines will be given as an injection by a healthcare professional in a hospital or clinic. The dose and duration of the medicine depend on the underlying condition. Before initiating treatment with the medicine you should let the doctor know if you smoke, have diabetes, blood clotting problem, heart condition, etc....
Uses of Diclomove 100mg Inj 3ml
- Diclomove Injection is used for relieving acute pain conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, pain due to kidney dysfunction and gout attacks.
- It is used to treat or prevent post-operative pain and pain after surgery or dental procedures.
Contraindications of Diclomove 100mg Inj 3ml
- If you are allergic to diclofenac other ingredients of the injection.ou suffer from liver, heart or kidney failure.
- If you have a history of a blood clotting disorder or you tend to bleed easily.
- If you have or had an active stomach or intestinal ulcer or bleeding problems.
- If you have a history of stomach ulcers or bleed due to the use of painkillers.
- If you recently had surgery or operation, which has an associated risk of bleeding.
- If you are pregnant, in the last trimester, you may have a history of an asthma attack, or you may have dehydration.
- If you are using medicine to stop blood clottings like heparin, or other pain killers like ibuprofen, celecoxib, etc.
- If you have experienced an episode of allergic reaction upon painkiller use like asthma, skin rashes, swelling & nasal congestion.
- If you suffer from brain and heart diseases like heart attack, stroke, heart failure, problems with blood circulation, or circulatory disease.
Side effects of Diclomove 100mg Inj 3ml
- Injection site pain
Precautions and Warnings of Diclomove 100mg Inj 3ml
Can I take Diclomove Injection during pregnancy?
Due to lack of safety information this medicine is not recommended in pregnant women, especially during the last trimester of pregnancy. If you think you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, seek immediate medical advice.
Can I take Diclomove Injection while breastfeeding?
Due to lack of safety information this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Diclomove Injection?
Avoid driving if you experience dizziness, visual disturbance, spinning head, sleepiness, or drowsiness while on treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Diclomove Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Diclomove Injection, it is essential to consult the physician if you have a habit of regular drinking. Consuming alcohol while taking pain killers is known to increase the risk of bleeding, ulcer and perforation in the stomach and intestine (upper gastrointestinal tract).
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are already using other painkillers.
- Your kidneys are not working properly and you experience swelling and water retention.
- You suffer from skin rashes, itching, papules, blisters, etc.
- You have a hereditary disorder of intolerance to some sugars like lactose and glucose.
- You suffer from autoimmune disorders like systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are trying to conceive or taking treatment for infertility, should discontinue the medicine.
- You have asthma, or you are prone to seasonal allergies, rhinitis, and other lung and throat problems.
- You have a history of stomach or bowel disorders like gastrointestinal bleeding or Crohn's disease.
- You are an elderly patient, or with low body weight, the doctor may reduce your dose of the medicine.
- You have liver disease, close monitoring of liver function is required.
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes, or you are an active smoker.
- You may develop stomach or intestinal bleeding problems during the treatment, the risk is more if you are using aspirin.
Mode of Action of Diclomove 100mg Inj 3ml
How Does It Work?
Diclomove Injection interfere with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the sensation of pain and swelling. It reduces pain and swelling.
Directions for Use of Diclomove 100mg Inj 3ml
- Diclomove Injection will be given to you in a hospital by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject the medicine. Follow the aftercare instruction given by the doctor.
Interactions of Diclomove 100mg Inj 3ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of diclofenac with medicines like water pills and other blood pressure medicines like furosemide, propranolol, atenolol, and telmisartan decrease the blood pressure lowering effects and thus should be cautiously used in elderly patients....
- Water pills like chlorothiazide, chlorthalidone and immunosuppressants like tacrolimus and ciclosporin may increase the potassium level if taken along with Diclomove Injection.
- Concomitant use of anticoagulants like warfarin and medicines to treat brain conditions like escitalopram and fluoxetine increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Using antidiabetics along with the injection affect the blood sugar level. The doctor may ask to monitor blood sugar levels regularly.
- Antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin cause fits (you may have a history of fits or seizures) if taken along with the medicine.
- Diclofenac must not be used for 10-12 days after the use of mifepristone, as it reduces the effect of the medicine.
- Other medicines like phenytoin for fits, sulfinpyrazone and voriconazole, colestipol, cholestyramine, lithium used to treat brain conditions and digoxin used to treat heart failure must be used cautiously....
- Inform the doctor about the other medicine, supplement or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Diclomove 100mg Inj 3ml
- Store Diclomove Injection below 30°C at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Diclomove 100mg Inj 3ml
Diclomove Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse thus the chances of an overdose are unlikely. You may experience headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, unconsciousness, excitation, dizziness, drowsiness. Inform the doctor or seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that a dose of the injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare setup. However, if you have missed taking a dose of the injection, inform the doctor or nurse immediately....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the time of the effect of the injection last?
A: It varies among individuals depending on the physiological nature of an individual. The effects last for 12 hours.
Q: Is Diclomove Injection safe during pregnancy?
A: Avoid during pregnancy, in the third trimester of pregnancy. Consult the doctor for more information.
Q: How to store Diclomove Injection?
A: Store the injection below 30°C. Avoid using the unused portion once opened.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- DICLOMAX Injection [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Diclofenac [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Injection D. DICLOTAL-AQ Injection – BLUE CROSS [Internet]. Bluecrosslabs.com. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
- Alcohol and NSAIDs Increase Risk for Upper GI Bleeding [Internet]. American Academy of Family Physicians. 2021 [cited 5 June 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.