Diclogesic Tablet Description
Diclogesic tablet contains Diclofenac and Paracetamol. Diclogesic tablet is pain-relieving medicine used for relieving headache, body ache, backache, joint pain and toothache. It also helps in reduci
g swelling, pain and stiffness in the case of arthritis and spondylitis. It works by reducing the formation of certain chemicals responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation. Please discuss with your doctor before taking this medicine, especially if you have liver or kidney problems, blood clotting issues, asthma, any autoimmune disorders or ulcers. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to any of the components of this medicine, also inform your doctor about all other medicines, over-the-counter products and herbal preparations you are taking before starting with this medicine.
|You Save||₹7.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Diclofenac(50.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
- Shanac Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Shalman Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 30.00₹ 25.5040% CHEAPER₹ 2.55/Tablet
- Fenak Plus TabletBy Ranbaxy Laboratories (sun Pharma)10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 27.60₹ 22.0848% CHEAPER₹ 2.21/Tablet
- Diclofen Sp TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 117.80₹ 94.24₹ 9.42/Tablet
- Esgipyrin Tablet 15'sBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.48₹ 90.51₹ 6.03/Tablet
- Magadol TabletBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 65.80₹ 55.93₹ 5.59/Tablet
- Xeroflam TabletBy Helios Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 65.00₹ 55.2514% CHEAPER₹ 3.68/Tablet
- Dentoflam TabletBy Pharmadent Remedies Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.00₹ 35.7016% CHEAPER₹ 3.57/Tablet
Uses of Diclogesic Tablet
Contraindications of Diclogesic Tablet
- If you are allergic to Paracetamol, Diclofenac or other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have severe heart problems such as heart failure, high blood pressure or brain diseases.
- If you have liver and kidney disorder or dysfunction.
- If you experience asthma, skin rashes, swelling & allergies after taking aspirin or any other painkillers.
- If you have a history of frequent stomach ulcers and bleeding or have an active ulcer.
- If you are pregnant especially, in the third trimester of pregnancy.
Side effects of Diclogesic Tablet
- Black stools
- Stomach pain
- Mouth ulcer, loose motions
- Skin rashes
- Excess sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Diclogesic Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have kidney disorders; this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure, then your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
- You are suffering from gastrointestinal problems such as bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease.
- You have asthma, as this medicine can worsen the same.
- You have an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus.
- You are an alcoholic, as concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood clotting.
- You suffer from skin rashes & lesions after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Diclogesic Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Diclogesic Tablet
Interactions of Diclogesic Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines containing the Paracetamol component because there is an increased risk of liver damage.
- Diclogesic tablets can interfere with other medicines used for treating high blood pressure.
- Water pills, if taken along with the Diclogesic tablet, can lead to kidney damage.
- Diclogesic tablets can increase the levels of Digoxin (used to treat heart failure) and lithium (used to treat Brain disorders) if taken concomitantly.
- Medicines such as ciclosporin & tacrolimus used to modify immune response can cause kidney damage if taken with the Diclogesic tablet.
- Diclogesic tablet increases your risk of getting stomach ulcers or bleeding if taken along with steroidal medicines.
- Diclogesic tablet increases the risk of bleeding if taken with blood thinners such as Warfarin and Coumarin.
- Increased risk of getting fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin.
- If you are taking medicines for treating diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- Diclogesic tablets should be taken one hour before or 4-6 hours after consumption of Colestipol and Cholestyramine (medicines used to lower cholesterol levels).
- Diclogesic tablets should not be consumed at least for 8-10 days after taking a medicine containing Mifepristone.
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines such as Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine and Phenytoin (medicines to treat brain-related disorders).
- Probenecid (used to treat gout), Rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis), Zidovudine ( used for HIV infections), herbal preparations such as St. John's Wort and Methotrexate should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Diclogesic Tablet
- Store the tablets in a cool and dry place and away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Diclogesic Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does the Diclogesic tablet cause addiction?
Q: Can I take paracetamol with the Diclogesic tablet?
Q: Is the Diclogesic tablet a painkiller?
Q: Can the Diclogesic tablet be used for knee pain?
Q: What can I do to reduce the after-effects of the Diclogesic tablet?
- To avoid the after-effects, you should always take this medicine with food, in the lowest possible dose and for the shortest duration.
- Avoid taking any other OTC products to eliminate any interaction.
- Do not take it before any cardiac surgeries and if you have an existing ulcer or a bleeding problem.
- If you are planning to take this medicine for the long term, discuss it with your doctor for a safer alternative.