Dianorm 80mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S contains gliclazide which is used to lower the blood sugar levels in cases of diabetes mellitus.
Uses of Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S
Doctors suggest using Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S for treating patients with type 2 diabetes.
Contraindications of Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S
- Type 1 diabetes
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Severe kidney or liver disorder
- Hypersensitivity to this compound or other sulfonylureas
Side effects of Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S
- Common side effects of Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S include headache, nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain, vomiting, and anemia
- Other side effects are elevation of liver enzyme levels, loss of appetite, clinical jaundice (rare), low blood glucose levels (can cause fainting, sweating, and giddiness), rash, redness, and hives.
Precautions and Warnings of Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S
Can I take this medicine during pregnancy?
The medicine should not be used in pregnancy.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
Sufficient information on use of this medicine while breastfeeding is not available. Thus, a safer alternative should be preferred. If prescribed by the doctor, the infant should be monitored for signs of low blood glucose (irritability, sleepiness, low body temperature, poor feeding, fits).
Can I drive if I have consumed this medicine?
The medicine can lower the blood sugar levels which may cause drowsiness, confusion or fainting. These might interfere with driving and so a chocolate bar or juice should be kept handy.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Alcohol increases the risk of low blood sugar and should be avoided during treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver disorders
- You have hypersensitivity to sulfa containing medicines
- You have low blood sugar
Mode of Action of Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S
How Does It Work?
This tablet acts by increasing secretion of insulin from the pancreas. The insulin then lowers the blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S
Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S should be taken in the exact dosage as prescribed by the doctor. The tablet should be swallowed with water at breakfast, preferably at the same time everyday.
Interactions of Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medications for diabetes
- Sulfonamide antibiotics, blood thinners, antidepressants, aspirin, propranolol, rifampin, phenylbutazone, disopyramide, probenecid, clofibrate, water pills, steroids, oral contraceptives, cimetidine
- Antifungals such as fluconazole
Interactions with food items
There are no known interactions of this medicine with food.
Storage and disposal of Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S
The tablet should be stored at room temperature, as instructed on the label.
Dosage of Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S
In case of an overdose the emergency department should be contacted immediately. The symptoms of overdose include headache, sweating, shakiness, increased hunger, changes in vision, nervousness, tiredness, seizures, and loss of consciousness.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose when remembered. Skip it, if it is time for the next dose and continue the regular dosing schedule. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When and how should I use this medicine?
A: The tablet should be swallowed with water as a whole, at breakfast, preferably at the same time daily. Do not chew. Do not skip meals during treatment. Make sure to eat food after the medicine. The doses should not be missed and physician should be consulted for any alterations.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken while using this medicine?
- This medicine can reduce blood glucose which can result in symptoms such as extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sluggishness, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness and reaction time, confusion, shakiness, dizziness. On such instances sugar or sweet juice should be consumed immediatelyread less
- Skipping or missing of meals, excessive exercise, certain medicines, extra (non-prescribed) doses of this medicine, alcohol consumption, and fasting are all the factors associated with low glucose levels and should be avoidedread less
Q: What are the ideal storage conditions for these tablets?
A: The tablets should be stored in a cool and dry place. Keep away from sunlight, excessive heat, and moisture. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Do not use after expiry date or when not needed.
Q: What are the things to keep in mind during treatment with this medicine?
- This medicine may increase sensitivity to sunlight
- Excessive sun exposure should be avoided during treatment
- Use effective sunscreen and wear protective clothing when outside
- Do not skip meals or medicine
- Regular check up for blood glucose
- Check HbA1C every six months
Q: What are the dietary restrictions to be followed while using Dianorm 80mg Tab 10`S?
A: A diabetic diet as suggested by the physician should be followed. Regular exercise and weight loss can help achieve optimum results in the treatment.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 02:52 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved