Depsol 75mg Tablet
Depsol 75 MG Description
Depsol tablet is used to treat major depressive disorders. It can also be used to treat nocturnal enuresis (bedwetting at night) in children six years and older. Major depressive disorder or depressi
n is a mood disorder characterised by sadness, loss of interest, mood swings, hopelessness and loneliness. Depsol tablet contains Imipramine as the active ingredient. Imipramine is an antidepressant that regulates the chemical messenger called Serotonin and norepinephrine. These chemical messengers are responsible for balancing mood and behaviour. The patient should take Depsol tablet dosage as per the doctor’s prescription. The patient should not take the medicine without consulting a doctor as there are many side effects associated with this medicine. Sudden discontinuation of Depsol tablets may cause clinical worsening of your condition or result in withdrawal symptoms.
|You Save||₹4.73 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD), Nocturnal enuresis (bedwetting)|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dry mouth, Diarrhoea or constipation, Increased sweating|
Uses of Depsol 75 MG
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, Depsol tablet is used for the following conditions:
- Treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD)
- Treatment of nocturnal enuresis
Contraindications of Depsol 75 MG
- Depsol tablets are contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic to a component of the Depsol tablet, i.e. Imipramine
- If you are already taking antidepressants, anti-anxiety or sedative medications
- If you are taking narcotic or opioid pain relievers
- If you have acute angle glaucoma, which increases the fluid pressure in the eyes
- If you notice suicidal thoughts or ideation
- If you have respiratory depression
- If you have a history of seizure disorder and are currently under treatment for it
- If you have a history of brain damage or a head injury
- If you have liver and kidney disease
- If you are pregnant
- If you are a breastfeeding mother
Side effects of Depsol 75 MG
- The side effects of Depsol tablets include the following:
- Dry mouth
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Increased sweating
Precautions and Warnings of Depsol 75 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the Depsol tablet.
- You notice any sudden self-harming thoughts or suicidal ideation.
- You have trouble breathing or talking.
- You experience any severe side effects persistently.
- You have mild or severe liver and kidney disease; this medicine may need a dose adjustment.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy during treatment.
- You are using oral contraceptives.
- You are using any ayurvedic medicines, vitamins, and other health supplements.
Mode of Action of Depsol 75 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Depsol 75 MG
- Take a Depsol tablet as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take the medicine with or without food or as prescribed.
- Take Depsol tablet on a regular schedule, preferably at the same time every day.
- Consume the whole tablet orally with a glass of water. Do not chew or break this tablet.
- Do not take Depsol tablet with other medications without consulting your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Depsol tablet abruptly, as it may lead to withdrawal symptoms.
- Do not exceed the dosage of Depsol tablet on your own, even if you cannot feel its effects.
Interactions of Depsol 75 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Depsol tablet with other CNS depressants and opioids is strictly contraindicated, as it may cause respiratory depression, coma and death.
- Depsol tablets should not be used concomitantly or within two weeks of using Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue, Selegiline, Rasagiline, etc. It is potentially life-threatening....
- Depsol tablet interaction with an antidepressant, antihistamines (allergy medicines), pain killers, such as morphine, oxycodone, fentanyl, hydrocodone, tramadol, codeine, sleeping pills, etc., can increase drowsiness and fatigue....
- Depsol tablets can interact with birth control pills, or oral contraceptives can reduce effectiveness. So it is advised to use other methods of contraception like condoms.
- Depsol tablet interaction with Herbal products like St John’s wort can lead to life-threatening side effects.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid consuming Tyramine-rich foods such as cheese, milk, meat, chocolate, chicken liver, grapefruit juice, etc., while taking Depsol tablet.
Storage and disposal of Depsol 75 MG
Dosage of Depsol 75 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How much time does the Depsol tablet take to show its desired effect?
Q: Can I discontinue taking the Depsol tablet on my own after improving my symptoms?
Q: Can I gain weight while using the Depsol tablet?
- Fayez R, Gupta V. Imipramine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 14 March 2022].
- Drugs H. Imipramine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 14 March 2022].
- DailyMed - IMIPRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 14 March 2022].
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 14 March 2022].
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 14 March 2022].