Dbro 2.5mg Tablet
By SINSAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Dbro 2.5 MG Description
Dbro Tablet is a prescription medicine that is used to treat female infertility, premenstrual syndrome, prolactin-dependent menstrual cycle disorders, hyperprolactinaemia in men (a condition of high
levels of prolactin in men that can cause infertility, etc.). It contains bromocriptine as its active ingredient which belongs to dopamine agonists and prolactin inhibitors. Dbro Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before starting the treatment, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|Uses||High level of prolactin, female infertility, mentrual disorders, acromegaly|
|Side effects||Headache, blocked nose, dizziness, nausea|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MENSTRUAL AND GYNAECOLOGICAL DISORDERS|
Check more medicines with composition as Bromocriptine(2.5 Mg)
Uses of Dbro 2.5 MG
- High levels of prolactin
- Treating menstrual disorders (that occurs due to insufficient amount of prolactin)
- Female infertility
- Treating non-cancerous tumours in the brain called prolactinomas (reduces prolactin levels)
- Acromegaly (a hormonal disorder when the pituitary gland produces too much growth hormone)
- Treating Parkinson’s Disease (increases dopamine levels)
Contraindications of Dbro 2.5 MG
- If you are allergic to bromocriptine, any other medicine belongs to the same class of medicine or any other ingredient of Dbro Tablet.
- If you have a condition of high blood pressure.
- If you have a history of eclampsia, pre-eclampsia (a pregnancy complication characterized by high blood pressure).
- If you have or had a medical condition of any kind of heart disorder or brain-related disorder.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Dbro 2.5 MG
- Blocked nose
Precautions and Warnings of Dbro 2.5 MG
Can I take Dbro 2.5mg Tablet during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Can I take Dbro 2.5mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is recommended not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may stop or slow down breast-milk production.
Can I drive if I have consumed Dbro 2.5mg Tablet?
No, it is not advisable to drive after consuming this medicine, as it may cause drowsiness and dizziness, which affects the driving ability of an individual. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
Can I consume alcohol with Dbro 2.5mg Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment with Dbro Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have recently delivered a baby, as Dbro Tablet might make you more prone to certain conditions such as high blood pressure, heart attack, fits, etc.
- You have liver disease, stomach ulcers or bleeding.
- You have or ever had a condition called fibrosis. Fibrosis causes thickening and stiffening of the heart, lungs and stomach which ultimately can affect the organs working properly.
- You recently had a miscarriage or an abortion.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You have premenstrual problems or non-cancerous breast disease.
- You have Parkinson's disease.
- You have a non-cancerous tumour.
Mode of Action of Dbro 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Bromocriptine belongs to dopamine agonists and prolactin inhibitors. It works by increasing the release of dopamine in the brain, which treats diseases where you need more of this substance. It also decreases the release of prolactin and growth hormone in the body, which treats disease acromegaly (increased growth hormone levels)....
Directions for Use of Dbro 2.5 MG
- Dbro Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Dbro 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Dbro Tablet may affect the way other medicines work or other medicines may affect how Dbro Tablet works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are already taking certain medicines such as anti-emetic, anti-hypertensive medicines, antibiotics (such as erythromycin), anti-HIV medicines, medicines used to treat growth-related disorders or brain-related disorders, etc....
- Other medicines are antifungal medicines, ergometrine (used to stop blood loss after giving birth) and medicines to treat migraine.
Storage and disposal of Dbro 2.5 MG
- Store Dbro Tablet below 25°C in original packaging to protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check the expiration date before taking it and carefully dispose of the tablet if it's past the expiration date.
Dosage of Dbro 2.5 MG
Overdosage symptoms may include vomiting, nausea, dizziness, hypotension, postural hypotension (low blood pressure after a change in position), irregular heartbeat, drowsiness, somnolence, confusion and drowsiness, hallucinations and fainting. If you have overdosed on Dbro Tablet, immediately seek medical treatment from a nearby hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of Dbro Tablet, take it as soon as possible. If you remember missing a dose when it's already time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose and take the next one. Talk to your doctor if you have any confusion about it. Do not take both doses together as it can cause an overdose....
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Dbro Tablet empty stomach?
A: No, you should take Dbro Tablet with food to avoid any undesirable side effects such as nausea or vomiting. So it is advised to take it with food or just after a meal as advised by the doctor..
Q: Can I take Dbro Tablet to cure Parkinson's disease?
A: No, it does not cure Parkinson's disease. Dbro Tablet helps to manage the symptoms associated with Parkinson's disease. You should take this medicine only if prescribed by the doctor.
Q: How does Dbro Tablet work?
A: Bromocriptine belongs to dopamine agonists and prolactin inhibitors. It works by increasing the release of dopamine in the brain, which treats diseases where you need more of this substance. It also decreases the release of prolactin and growth hormone in the body, which treats disease acromegaly (increased growth hormone levels).
Q: Can I stop taking Dbro Tablet suddenly?
A: No, this medicine should not be immediately stopped after relieving the symptoms. Otherwise, you may get withdrawal symptoms like confusion, a reduced attention span and stiffness, etc. Gradual weening of Dbro Tablet should be done to avoid adverse effects.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed