Cysmide 50mg Tablets
By SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cysmide 50 MG Description
Cysmide Tablet contains cyclophosphamide, which is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used in various types of cancer of the blood, eye, breast, etc and in certain kidney diseases in children where other
treatments cannot be given. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before starting Cysmide Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹5.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Cancer and a type of kidney disease in children|
|Side effects||Fever, loss of hair, nausea, vomiting, loose motions|
Check more medicines with composition as Cyclophosphamide(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Cysmide 50 MG
- Cysmide Tablet is used in the treatment of various types of cancer such as cancer of the blood, eye, breast.
- It is also used in a certain kidney disease in children in whom other treatments cannot be given.
Contraindications of Cysmide 50 MG
- If you are allergic to cyclophosphamide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have an obstruction in the urinary path.
Side effects of Cysmide 50 MG
- Loss of hair
- Loose motions
- Mouth ulcer
- Blurring of vision
- Absence of menstrual period
- Early stoppage of the menstrual period
Precautions and Warnings of Cysmide 50 MG
Can I take Cysmide Tablet during pregnancy?
The component of Cysmide Tablets is known to be harmful to foetus. It may cause birth defects, foetal growth retardation, miscarriage and foetotoxic effects in the newborn. Hence, it should be avoided in pregnant women. Consult your doctor before taking it if you are pregnant.
Can I take Cysmide Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information available on the use of the Cysmide Tablet in breastfeeding women. Thus consult your doctor before taking it.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cysmide Tablet?
Cysmide Tablets may cause dizziness and blurring of vision. Therefore, avoid driving while on this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Cysmide Tablet?
Consuming alcohol along with Cysmide Tablet, increases nausea and vomiting. Therefore, alcohol drinking should be avoided while taking this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your immunity is suppressed.
- You have kidney disease, liver disease or heart disease.
- You are planning for pregnancy, as the use of Cysmide Tablet can impair fertility.
Mode of Action of Cysmide 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Cyclophosphamide works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells by interfering with DNA and RNA synthesis and protein synthesis.
Directions for Use of Cysmide 50 MG
Cysmide Tablet should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. It should be swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of water. It should be taken in the morning and with food. Do not miss any dose or take it more than prescribed....
Interactions of Cysmide 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Cysmide Tablets with medicines known as protease inhibitors such as doxorubicin, etoposide can increase the blood concentration of this Tablet.
- Medicines used in rheumatoid arthritis such as azathioprine, when taken along with this Tablet, can cause liver toxicities.
- Antifungal medicines such as metronidazole, when taken along with this medicine, can cause brain diseases.
- Concomitant use along with medicines used to thin blood such as warfarin may affect the effect of warfarin.
- Discuss with your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, before starting with the Cysmide Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Cysmide 50 MG
- Store Cysmide Tablet at 20°c to 25°c in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cysmide 50 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Cysmide Tablets include fever, cough, weakness, dizziness, chest pain, breathing difficulty, etc.
- If you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Cysmide Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does the intake of Cysmide cause loose motions?
A: Yes, the intake of Cysmide Tablet can cause loose motions as a side effect. If side effect persists, then immediately inform your doctor.
Q: Should Cysmide Tablets be taken with food or without food?
A: Cysmide Tablets should be taken with food to avoid stomach problems.
Q: How does the Cysmide work?
A: Cysmide Tablet works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells by interfering with DNA and RNA synthesis and protein synthesis.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed