Cyprodin Syrup 200ml
200ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cyprodin Syrup 200ml Description
Cyprodin syrup contains cyproheptadine HCl. This is an antihistaminic and antiserotonergic agent. It is used to relieve symptoms of allergies like runny nose, sneezing, itching, watering of eyes, etc
|You Save||₹10.35 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Allergic rhinitis, vasomotor rhinitis|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, dizziness, nausea, headache, muscle weakness|
Check more medicines with composition as Cyproheptadine Hcl
Uses of Cyprodin Syrup 200ml
- Relieve allergy symptoms
- Allergic rhinitis
- Vasomotor rhinitis
- Cold urticaria
Contraindications of Cyprodin Syrup 200ml
- Narrow angle glaucoma
- New-born or premature birth
- Nursing mothers
- Patients with an overactive thyroid gland
- High blood pressure
- Stenosing peptic ulcer
- Enlarged prostate
- Chronic idiopathic constipation
- Bladder neck obstruction
Side effects of Cyprodin Syrup 200ml
- Dry mouth, nose
- Muscle weakness
- Chest congestion
Precautions and Warnings of Cyprodin Syrup 200ml
Is taking Cyprodin Syrup safe during pregnancy?
Please do not use Cyprodin Syrup without consulting first with your doctor
Is it okay to take Cyprodin Syrup when I'm breastfeeding?
Cyprodin Syrup is not meant for use while breastfeeding. If you're a nursing mother, let your doctor know.
Can I drive after taking the Cyprodin Syrup?
Drowsiness is a side effect of cyproheptadine. If this occurs, do not drive or operate any tools or machines.
Can I consume alcohol after taking the Cyprodin Syrup?
The neurological side effects of cyproheptadine, such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulties in concentrating, might be exacerbated by alcohol. Some people may also have difficulty thinking and making decisions. While taking cyproheptadine, you should avoid or limit your alcohol use.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You should not take cyproheptadine if you have narrow-angle glaucoma
- You have a stomach ulcer or obstruction
- You have an enlarged prostate
- You have urination problems
- You are having an asthma attack
- You have hyperthyroidism
- You have high blood pressure or other heart diseases
- You have lung, liver or kidney diseases
- You have digestive tract obstruction
Mode of Action of Cyprodin Syrup 200ml
How Does It Work?
Cyproheptadine appears to compete with free histamine and serotonin for binding at their respective receptors, resulting in antihistamine and anti serotonin actions. Cyproheptadine enhances appetite due to serotonin effects on the appetite centre....
Directions for Use of Cyprodin Syrup 200ml
- Cyproheptadine is available to be administered orally
- Take cyproheptadine at the same time every day
- Cyproheptadine can be taken with or without food, however, if stomach trouble occurs, take it with meals
Interactions of Cyprodin Syrup 200ml
Interactions with other medicines
- 1,2-Benzodiazepine may enhance the central nervous system depressant (CNS depressant) activities of Cyproheptadine
- When Cyproheptadine is coupled with Acenocoumarol, the risk of or severity of adverse effects may increase
- When Cyproheptadine is coupled with Ajmaline, the risk or severity of QTc prolongation can be enhanced
- When Bupropion is taken with Cyproheptadine, the chance or severity of seizure can be enhanced
- When given with MAO inhibitors, it can prolong the effects of Cyprodin syrup
Storage and disposal of Cyprodin Syrup 200ml
Medicine should be kept at room temperature, out of direct sunlight and away from heat. Do not freeze medicines unless the box insert specifies otherwise. Medicines should not be available to children or pets. Do not flush or pour medications down the toilet or into the drain....
Dosage of Cyprodin Syrup 200ml
Antihistamine overdosage effects can result from depression to excitation of the central nervous system, especially in children. There may also be atropine-like signs and symptoms (dry mouth, fixed, dilated pupils, flushing, etc.), as well as digestive problems....
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. If your next dose is due soon, skip the one you missed. To compensate for a missed dose, do not consume more medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give this syrup to children?
A: This medication should not be given to children under 2 years as safety has not been established.
Q: Is this drug or product habit-forming or addictive?
A: There is habit forming potential established for this medicine.
Q: Can I give this syrup to elderly?
A: No, do not give this syrup to elderly without consulting a doctor.
- Cyprodin [Internet]. Bpc.ps. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]. Available from: http://bpc.ps/attachment/248/cyprodin.pdf?g_download=1
- DailyMed - CYPROHEPTADINE HYDROCHLORIDE syrup [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]. Available from: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=1ef0a6ee-85ac-42ed-8ab7-335a0c3feb29&version=1
- Drugs H. Cyproheptadine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 15 April 2022]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a682541.html#:~:text=Cyproheptadine%20relieves%20red%2C%20irritated%2C%20itchy,and%20by%20rubbing%20the%20skin.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed