Corion 5000iu Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
Corion 5000 IU Description
Corion Powder For Injection contains human chorionic gonadotropin as an active ingredient. It is used in treating infertility in both men and women. This medicine will be given to you by a doctor or
nurse. Avoid self-injecting this medicine. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹59.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (Hcg)(5000.0 Iu)|
|Uses||Treat female infertility & increase sperm count in men|
|Side effects||Injection iste reactions|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR INFERTILITY|
Uses of Corion 5000 IU
- Corion Powder For Injection is similar to a hormone that helps in the normal development of an egg in an ovary of women and activates the release of an egg during ovulation.
- It helps women in treating infertility (unable to get pregnant).
- It is also used in men to increase sperm count.
- This medicine is also used to help certain boys in normal sexual development.
Contraindications of Corion 5000 IU
- If you are allergic to human chorionic gonadotropin or any of the other ingredients of Corion Powder For Injection.
- If you have a tumor of the hypothalamus or pituitary gland (in the brain).
- If you have a cyst in the ovaries.
- If you have vaginal bleeding due to an unknown reason.
- If you have breast, ovaries or womb cancer.
- If you had an extrauterine pregnancy (pregnancy outside of your womb) recently.
- If you have swelling of your veins or blood clotting of your veins.
- If you are unable to get pregnant due to menopause, or early menopause or abnormal functions of sexual organs.
Side effects of Corion 5000 IU
- Injection site reactions such as pain, redness, swelling
- Headache, fatigue
- Vomiting, nausea
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea
- Irritation, restlessness
- Breast pain
Precautions and Warnings of Corion 5000 IU
Other General Warnings
- You have any blood clot problems like swelling of your veins or blood clotting in your veins.
- Before starting the medicine, you and your partner should get the fertility test done.
- The risk of getting Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) may increase.
- When taking this medicine, you may be at the risk of being pregnant with more than one child (twins, triplets).
- You should have an early ultrasound done to check for the possibility of (ectopic pregnancy) pregnancy outside the womb.
- The risk of miscarriage may increase when using Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART) to get pregnant as compared to normal pregnancy.
- When you get a pregnancy test done using a serum or urine while using this medicine or even 10 days after using it, there may be a possibility that you get a false-positive test result.
- This medicine should not be used in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Corion 5000 IU
How Does It Work?
- This medicine is similar to a hormone that is naturally found in your body called chorionic gonadotropin, which helps in reproduction and fertility.
- Corion Powder For Injection binds on the ovary cells to a receptor in the body that is shared with a hormone called luteinising hormone which helps in pregnancy and puberty.
Directions for Use of Corion 5000 IU
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow the instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Corion 5000 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Corion Powder For Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- No significant interactions have been reported, but when this medication is used in females together with menotropins to treat infertility, it may cause multiple births (twins, triplets).
Storage and disposal of Corion 5000 IU
- Store this injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Corion 5000 IU
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Corion Powder For Injection by myself?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Corion Powder For Injection?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- This medicine may interact with other medicines, hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....