Clonotril Plus Tablet
Clonotril Plus Tablet Description
Clonotril Plus Tablet is a combination medicine used for patients suffering from depression and anxiety. It contains Escitalopram (an antidepressant) and Clonazepam (an anxiolytic), whose primary fun
ction is to aid in the regulation of serotonin and other neurotransmitters or brain chemicals whose varying levels are linked to depression and anxiety. After evaluating your situation, your consulting physician will determine the dose and frequency of Clonotril plus tablet. It takes about 4-6 weeks to reach its full potential. This should not be used with alcohol and should only be taken at the prescribed amount. You can consume these tablets with or without food. You may experience certain side effects such as drowsiness, tiredness, altered sleep, dry mouth and excessive sweating.
|You Save||₹31.44 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Depression and anxiety disorders|
|Side effects||Dry mouth, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Lethargy or tiredness, Altered sleep or difficulty maintaining sleep, Excessive sweating|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Clonotril Plus Tablet
- As per CDSCO, this medicine has usage in treating patients with comorbid depression and anxiety disorders.
Contraindications of Clonotril Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to either Escitalopram or Clonazepam or any other constituents of this medicine
- If you are less than 18 years of age
- If you have a heart problem or recently had a heart procedure/surgery
- If you have glaucoma
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes mellitus
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have epilepsy
- If you have myasthenia gravis
- If you have sleep apnea
- If you have serious liver issues
- If you are on dialysis
Side effects of Clonotril Plus Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Lethargy or tiredness
- Altered sleep or difficulty maintaining sleep
- Excessive sweating
Precautions and Warnings of Clonotril Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are below the age of 18.
- Sudden withdrawal can result in insomnia, anxiety, rebound depression, confusion, and lethargy.
Mode of Action of Clonotril Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clonotril Plus Tablet
- Clonotril Plus tablet can be taken by mouth.
- It should be taken according to the frequency prescribed, with or without food.
- Take Clonotril plus tab at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Do not share your medicines with anyone.
- Abstain from drinking alcohol or smoking during your treatment.
- It may take around 4-6 weeks for the medicine to show its complete efficiency.
- During your treatment, stay in touch with your consulting physician and keep them informed about your symptoms.
Interactions of Clonotril Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Antidepressants, particularly Selegiline, Phenelzine, Rasagiline, etc., may cause serotonin syndrome.
- Medicines that change heart rate like Quinidine can cause irregular heartbeats.
- Anticonvulsants (used to treat epilepsy) like Carbamazepine - may decrease the effect of Clonotril plus.
- Antipsychotics and antidepressants (used to treat mental health issues) like fluvoxamine, sertraline, clozapine may lead to serotonin syndrome.
- Antihypertensives (medication that decreases blood pressure) like Amlodipine, Enalapril, Indapamide - decreased effect.
- Strong painkillers like codeine, methadone, oxycodone, pethidine, or tramadol - chance of toxicity increases
- Antifungals like Ketozonazole - causes an increase in serum levels of Clonotril Plus.
- Blood thinners like Warfarin - bleeding tendencies may be increased.
- Pain decreasing medicines like Ibuprofen - spontaneous bleeding can occur.
Interactions with food items
- You can continue with your usual diet.
- Abstain from drinking alcohol and smoking during your treatment.
Storage and disposal of Clonotril Plus Tablet
Dosage of Clonotril Plus Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Raj Mehta
Dr. Anuj Tiwari
MBBS, DNB Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Clonotril Plus Tablet if I have liver or kidney issues?
Q: Can I stop taking Clonotril Plus Tablet suddenly?
Q: Will I feel better within days after starting this tablet?
- Drugs H. Escitalopram: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 19 February 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 February 2022]. Available from:
- Drugs H. Escitalopram: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 19 February 2022]. Available from
- Drugs H. Clonazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 19 February 2022]. Available from:
- Clonazepam: medicine to control seizures or fits, muscle spasms and restless legs syndrome [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 19 February 2022]. Available from:
- Escitalopram [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 19 February 2022]. Available from:
- Clonazepam [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 19 February 2022]. Available from: