Clonax 0.5mg Tablets
Clonax 0.5 MG Description
Clonax tablet is a prescription medication used to treat mood disorders, anxiety disorders, depression, and epilepsy (seizures). Mood disorders, anxiety and panic disorders, etc., affect the way one
functions. These conditions are occasionally accompanied by a major depressive disorder. The causes of mood disorders are generally unknown. They may be caused by common triggers like stress, trauma, etc. The active ingredient of the Clonax tablet is Clonazepam. The mode of action of Clonax tablets works by lowering the excess activity of nerves in the brain by balancing certain chemical messengers and inducing feelings of calmness. One of the other uses of the Clonax tablet is to manage seizures caused by overactivity in the brain. Sleepiness, fatigue, dizziness, etc., are some of the common side effects of Clonax tablets. This medicine can cause behavioural changes and increase suicidal thoughts and tendencies. It may also lead to physical dependency (return of symptoms when the medicine is stopped) if used long-term. It is essential to monitor the dosage and only take it for the duration the doctor prescribes. Suddenly stopping Clonax medicine can result in withdrawal symptoms like tremors, sweating, nausea, muscle pain, etc.
|You Save||₹4.91 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Mood disorder, Anxiety disorder, seizure disorder, comorbid depression|
|Side effects||dizziness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, memory problems, confusion, depression, drowsiness, blurred vision, muscle pain, difficulty speaking, increased salivation, suicidal thoughts|
Uses of Clonax 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO, Clonax Tablet is used in:
- Managing conditions such as major depressive disorder and comorbid depression (depression associated with other conditions).
- The treatment of different kinds of mood disorders.
- The treatment of various types of seizure disorders like variant, myoclonic, and akinetic seizures.
Contraindications of Clonax 0.5 MG
- If you have any allergic reaction to any component of Clonax medicine.
- If you have a previous history of recreational substance or alcohol abuse.
- If you are seeing any sudden mood changes and self-harming or suicidal thoughts.
- If you have an eye disorder such as narrow-angle glaucoma, this medicine increases the fluid pressure inside the eye.
- If you are suffering from any respiratory diseases or lung conditions such as asthma or chronic pulmonary lung disease (COPD), Clonax medicine causes excess secretions causing breathing problems.
- If you have severe liver illness.
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- If you are diagnosed with Porphyria, a blood disorder.
Side effects of Clonax 0.5 MG
- Memory problems
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Clonax 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are starting herbal or ayurvedic supplements like St John's wort, a herbal medicine that helps treat depression.
- You have a surgery or a dental procedure planned.
- You need to do something that requires steady focus; this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
- You have any suicidal or self-harming thoughts. Clonax can cause behavioural changes and increase the tendency of suicidal thoughts.
- You have a history of medicine or alcohol abuse. It also causes dependency if used for the long term. So, it is important to monitor the dosage and not use it for a long duration.
- You want to stop using it. Suddenly stopping clonazepam can cause withdrawal symptoms like tremors, sweating, nausea, muscle pain, etc.
- Note: Most side effects do not require medical treatment, and they will disappear once you have adjusted to the dose. But, if any of these conditions persist for a long duration or you have any serious side effects, consult your doctor immediately....
Mode of Action of Clonax 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clonax 0.5 MG
- Take the Clonax tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Try not to exceed the dosage, even if you cannot see any changes.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not try to break this tablet or chew it.
- It is better not to take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not use clonax tablet if the package has been opened.
- Do not stop taking this medication suddenly; it can adversely affect the body.
Interactions of Clonax 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Clonax Tablet interacts with many medications. It is better to inform your doctor about all the medicines you are currently using.
- Without talking to your doctor, do not use other sedatives (alprazolam, lorazepam) or different antidepressant (MAO inhibitors) medications if you are using Clonax medicine. The interactions between them can cause unwanted effects. Inform your doctor if you have used these medicines in the last 14 days....
- If you are using a clonax tablet, do not try to take allergy medicine, opiates or narcotic pain relievers (codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, etc.), old or cough medicine with this tablet. It can lead to extreme drowsiness....
- If you are under treatment with antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc., inform your doctor, as the dose of these medicines needs to be adjusted.
Interactions with food items
- It is better to avoid drinks such as coffee, tea, and carbonated drinks. Also, try to minimise excess amounts of chocolate. All these products contain caffeine. It is a stimulant and may minimise the calming effects of the Clonax tablet....
- You can take a Clonax tablet with or without a meal. But if you are experiencing any stomach related issues, take it after eating food.
Storage and disposal of Clonax 0.5 MG
Dosage of Clonax 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long should I take a Clonax tablet?
Q: Can I take Clonax Tablet as a sleeping pill?
Q: Will I experience any physical dependence if I take a Clonax Tablet every day?
- Clonazepam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from
- S; M. Clonazepam as a therapeutic adjunct to improve the management of depression: A brief review [Internet]. Human psychopharmacology. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from
- The efficacy and safety of clonazepam in patients with anxiety disorder taking newer antidepressants: A multicenter naturalistic study [Internet]. Clinical psychopharmacology and neuroscience : the official scientific journal of the Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology. Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology; 2016 [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 23]. Available from: