Clintal 300mg Tab
By TALENT HEALTH CARE
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clintal Tablet is an antibiotic medicine used to treat serious bacterial infections. It contains clindamycin as its main ingredient. Clintal Tablet prevents the growth of bacteria by inhibiting protein responsible for bacterial growth and spread of infection. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed....
Uses of Clintal 300 MG
Clintal Tablet is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infection of the joints, lungs, skin, soft tissues, bones, etc.
Contraindications of Clintal 300 MG
If you are allergic to clindamycin, lincomycin or any other ingredients of Clintal Tablet.
Side effects of Clintal 300 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Clintal 300 MG
Can I take Clintal Tablet during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before using Clintal Tablet. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Clintal Tablet while breastfeeding?
Clindamycin may pass through the breastmilk, hence it is advised to not take Clintal Tablet while breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor before using it.
Can I drive if I have consumed Clintal Tablet?
Clintal Tablet does not affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Clintal Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction between alcohol and Clintal Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney disease.
- You experience blood in diarrhoea or continuous diarrhoea after taking antibiotics.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have problems with your stomach or intestines.
- You have asthma, eczema or hayfever.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G-6-PD) deficiency.
- You are intolerant to lactose.
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Clintal Tablet.
Mode of Action of Clintal 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Clindamycin in Clintal Tablet works by inhibiting the protein synthesis in the bacteria responsible for causing infection and thus inhibits the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Clintal 300 MG
- Clintal Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Clintal 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Clintal Tablet works or this Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking muscle relaxants or any other antibiotics such as erythromycin.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking medications for thinning of blood such as warfarin as it may lead to bleeding if taken along with Clintal Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Clintal 300 MG
- Store Clintal Tablet below 30°C temperature in a clean and dry place.
- Keep this medication out of sight from children and pets.
Dosage of Clintal 300 MG
If you think you have taken too much of Clintal Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed the dose of Clintal Tablet, then take it immediately. But if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and take it as scheduled. Do not double the dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the side effects of Clintal Tablet?
A: You may experience some side effects such as diarrhoea, stomach pain, vomiting and nausea after taking Clintal Tablet.
Q: How long should I take Clintal Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Clintal Tablet will depend on the response to treatment and the severity of your disease condition. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: How to take Clintal Tablet?
A: Clintal Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
- Dalacin C 300 mg capsule [Internet]. Pfizer.ca. 2022 [cited 21 April 2022]
- Pharmacological Interaction of Rifampicin on Clindamycin in Staphylococcic Osteoarticular Infections - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov [Internet]. Clinicaltrials.gov. 2022 [cited 21 April 2022]
- Clindamycin 300 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 April 2022]
- Clindamycin 300 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 21 April 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.