Clid 300mg Injection 2ml
Clid 300 MG Description
Clid Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It contains clindamycin as its active ingredient. Clid is used for the treatment of serious bacterial infections particularly when other treatment options do
not show an effective infection control. Clindamycin works by slowing or stopping the growth of bacteria that cause infection. Clid Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in a healthcare setup. Follow any aftercare instructions given by them. Inform your doctor about all the medicine you are currently taking or any medical condition you suffer from before taking this injection.
Uses of Clid 300 MG
Contraindications of Clid 300 MG
Side effects of Clid 300 MG
- Stomach pain
- Injection site reaction
- Abnormal liver function
Precautions and Warnings of Clid 300 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience diarrhoea after receiving this injection or usually get diarrhoea after taking an antibiotic.
- You suffer from liver or kidney problems. Your doctor may give you a lower dose.
- If you develop severe or prolonged or bloody diarrhoea during or after being given this injection. Report it to your doctor immediately.
- You suffer from asthma, eczema or hay fever.
- You are supposed to be treated with this injection for the long term. You may be asked to perform some routine tests regularly.
Mode of Action of Clid 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Clid 300 MG
- Clid Injection will be given to you by the doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic.
- Please follow any aftercare instructions given by them.
- The correct dose will be decided by your doctor and depends on the type of infection and your weight and age.
Interactions of Clid 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Clid Injection works or this injection itself can affect the action of other medicines taken along. Thus, it is important to inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking to avoid any possible interaction....
- In particular, if you are taking muscle relaxants, blood thinners or anti-infectives like rifampicin.
- used during operations.
- If you are taking oral contraceptives pills, you should use extra contraception whilst receiving this medicine and for seven days after this injection.
- Your doctor may need to take regular blood tests to check how well your blood can clot if you are on blood thinners.
Storage and disposal of Clid 300 MG
- Store Clid Injection as per the instruction mentioned on the label.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Dosage of Clid 300 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What dose of Clid Injection I should take?
Q: What are the side effects of Clid Injection?
- Clindamycin 600mg/4ml solution for injection ampoules (150mg/ml in 4 ml ampoules) - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- Drugs H. Clindamycin Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]
- CDSCO | Clindamycin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 April 2022]