Cizorest 50mg Tablet
Cizorest 50 MG Description
Cizorest 50 mg Tablet is a prescription medication used in the treatment of schizophrenia, a mental disorder that causes hallucinations or delusions. It impairs a person's ability to think and behave
. Take Cizorest 50 mg Tablet precisely as your doctor prescribes, including the dosage and duration. Even if you feel better, do not skip any doses and finish the entire treatment term. It is crucial not to stop taking this medication without first visiting your doctor, as doing so may exacerbate your symptoms. The side effects of Cizorest 50 mg Tablet include nausea, vomiting, and mouth dryness. Because this prescription can cause a rapid drop in blood pressure while changing positions, it's advisable to rise slowly if you've been sitting or lying down. It may also cause drowsiness or dizziness, so do not drive or do anything else that requires mental focus until you observe how this medication affects you. This medicine may cause weight gain and cause a rise in blood sugar and cholesterol levels. This negative effect can be mitigated by adopting a healthier lifestyle, including eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly.
|You Save||₹10.98 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Weight gain, Decreased blood pressure, Dystonia|
Uses of Cizorest 50 MG
- Cizorest 50 mg Tablet is used in,
- Treatment of schizophrenia
Contraindications of Cizorest 50 MG
- If you have a known allergy to the active or inactive ingredients of Cizorest 50 mg Tablet.
- If you have pheochromocytoma, an uncommon adrenal gland tumour.
- If you have prolactin dependent tumour, a tumour that arises as a result of an excess of prolactin hormone in the body is known as a prolactin-dependent tumour.
- If you have prolactinoma or breast cancer, you should avoid taking Cizorest 50 mg Tablet since it could make your situation worse.
Side effects of Cizorest 50 MG
- Dryness in mouth
- Weight gain
- Decreased blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Cizorest 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have heart disease-Cizorest 50 mg Tablet Tablet may cause QT prolongation, a cardiac rhythm issue, and elevated blood clotting risk. As a result, if you have heart problems, you should exercise caution when using this medication. ...
- You have diabetes mellitus. Using Cizorest 50 mg Tablet may impact your blood sugar levels. You must keep track of your blood sugar levels on a regular basis while using this medicine.
- You have hypokalemia. If you have low potassium levels, Cizorest 50 mg Tablet should be used with caution. Your doctor can only start treating you with this prescription if your potassium shortage has been corrected....
- You have seizure disorders. Cizorest 50 mg Tablet may worsen your condition.
- You have leukopenia, using Cizorest 50 mg Tablet can worsen your condition. If you have an infection or a fever that is not going away, consult your doctor immediately.
- Cizorest 50 mg Tablet should be used with caution in the elderly due to the increased risk of side effects.
- Cizorest 50 mg Tablet is not advised for use in children under the age of 18 as its safety and efficacy for them have not been clinically demonstrated.
Mode of Action of Cizorest 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Cizorest 50 MG
- Take Cizorest 50 mg Tablets strictly as per the doctor's instructions on the dosage and duration.
- Swallow Cizorest 50 mg Tablet as a whole. Do not break, crush, or chew it.
- For optimal pharmacological effects, take Cizorest Tablet at the same time every day.
- Cizorest 50 mg Tablet can be taken before or after a meal.
- Do not alter the dosage of Cizorest Tab without consulting with your doctor.
Interactions of Cizorest 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- To avoid side effects associated with medicine interaction, it is important to inform the doctor about all medicines and health supplements you are currently taking.
- Cizorest 50 mg Tablet is known to interact with the following medicines:
- Using this medicine with Cizorest 50 mg Tablets may intensify the side effects.
- It is not advised to use pregabalin and Cizorest 50 mg at the same time because there is a risk of low or no efficacy.
- Taking narcotic pain medicines with Cizorest 50 mg Tabs can significantly increase the risk of side effects.
- This medication should be used with caution because the risk of side effects is very high.
- Taking quinidine with Cizorest Tab medications can have an adverse effect on the heart.
- It is advised to not use bromocriptine and Cizorest Tab at the same time because there is a risk of low or no efficacy.
Interactions with food items
- There are no known interactions of Cizorest 50 mg Tablet with food. A regular diet can be followed unless advised otherwise by the doctor.
Storage and disposal of Cizorest 50 MG
Dosage of Cizorest 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Shreya Aggarwal
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology