Ciplox 500mg Tablet
Ciplox 500 MG Description
Ciplox 500 tablet is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections like pneumonia, sinus infection and other infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, urinary tract, etc.
It contains ciprofloxacin as an active ingredient that acts by destroying the infection-causing bacteria and inhibits the growth of new bacteria. It must be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. Some other tablets containing ciprofloxacin are Cifran 500mg tablet, Ciprodac 500mg tablet, Ciprobid 500mg tablet, Cee 500mg tablet, and Medicip 500mg tablet.
Take it with or without food. Avoid stopping taking the tablet without informing the doctor. You should always complete the course of your antibiotic medicine. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding before starting Ciplox tablet. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
|You Save||₹6.37 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, diarrhea|
Uses of Ciplox 500 MG
Contraindications of Ciplox 500 MG
- If you are allergic to ciprofloxacin or any other ingredients of the Ciplox 500 tablet.
- If you are using other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid.
- If you are using tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasms).
Side effects of Ciplox 500 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Ciplox 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of pre-existing health condition such as heart-related diseases, liver or kidney disorder, blood-related disorder, etc.
- You suffer from kidney problems, as the Ciplox 500 tablet will then require dose adjustment.
- You suffer from psychiatric illness.
- You have a history of fits.
- You suffer from diabetes, your blood glucose drops when you are on the tablet.
- You suffer from myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness), the tablet worsens it.
- You suffer from tendon problems.
- You suffer from glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a blood enzyme disease that affects red blood cells).
- You develop a sudden allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, stop taking the Ciplox 500 tablet and contact the doctor.
Directions for Use of Ciplox 500 MG
Storage and disposal of Ciplox 500 MG
- Ciplox 500 tablet does not require special storage conditions.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Ciplox 500 MG
- Ciplox 500mg tablet is an antibiotic used to treat various infections such as pneumonia, sinusitis, and infection of the skin, ear, nose, lungs, throat, stomach, and urinary tract. It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor....
- You should always complete the entire course of treatment with antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor even if you start feeling better after taking this medicine. Missing a dose or stopping this medicine can cause treatment failure. ...
- Take this tablet with a full glass of water, and do not crush or chew the tablets.
- Before starting Ciplox 500 tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor....
- Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history.
- Headache, fever, diarrhoea, and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking Ciplox 500 mg tablet, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery, or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
Dosage of Ciplox 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Ciplox 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Ciplox 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes the Ciplox 500 tablet may affect the way other medicines work or vice versa if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are on certain medications like antigout medicines such as probenecid, antacids like cimetidine, anti-emetic like metoclopramide, medicines for breathing-related disorders, anticoagulants like warfarin, medicines used to treat heart and brain-related disorders like digoxin, clozapine, medicines for erectile dysfunction or any other antibiotics, etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are medicines for sleeping disorders like zolpidem, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, anaesthesia like lidocaine, etc.
- Medicines or certain supplements containing iron, calcium, etc antacids or sucralfate should not be taken within two hours of taking this medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions I must take while taking the Ciplox 500 tablet?
- If you suffer from tightness in the chest, difficulty in breathing or a fainting episode, seek medical help.
- If you suffer from pain, swelling in the joint, stop taking the medicine, take rest, avoid exercise and report to the doctor.
- If you feel depressed, it can worsen.
- If you suffer from diabetes, the Ciplox 500 tablet cause a drop in your blood sugars, which is dangerous.
- If you suffer from sweat, hunger pangs, headache, tremors, immediately have a juice/ sugar. Inform the doctor about the episode.
Q: What I must avoid while taking the Ciplox 500 tablet?
Q: Is the Ciplox 500 tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can I take the medicine for fever?
Q: Can I stop taking the medicine before the prescribed duration?
Q: Is the Ciplox 500 tablet habit forming?
Q: What is Ciplox 500 tablet used for?
Q: How many times we can use Ciplox?
Q: When should I take Ciplox?
Q: Can Ciplox be used daily?
Q: Is Ciplox safe in pregnancy?
Q: How does Ciplox work?
Q: Should we take Ciplox with or without food?
Q: Is Ciplox and ciprofloxacin same?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Ciprofloxacin 100 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]
- Ciprofloxacin: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 18 December 2021]