Ciplox 500mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ciplox 500 mg tablet is an antibiotic containing Ciprofloxacin as its active ingredient. This tablet is used in treating various types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, sinus infection and other infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, urinary tract, etc. It works by destroying the infection-causing bacteria and inhibits the growth of new bacteria. Ciplox 500 mg tablets should be used under medical prescription and for the duration, it is prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this tablet without informing your doctor. Nausea, diarrhoea, headache, stomach pain are some of the common side effects that you may experience while taking Ciplox 500 tablets. Most of which are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Ciplox 500mg Tablet
- Lower respiratory tract infection (symptoms include runny nose, dry cough, etc.)
- Treatment of COPD (lung disease)
- Treatment of pneumonia
- Ear infection
- Sinus infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Genital tract infection
- Intestinal infection
- Stomach infection
- Skin infection
- Bone and joint infection
Contraindications of Ciplox 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Ciprofloxacin or any ingredient of Ciplox 500 mg tablets.
- If you are taking other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid.
- If you are taking tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasm).
Side effects of Ciplox 500mg Tablet
- Stomach ache
- Indigestion, flatulence (gas)
- Decreased appetite
- Sleep disorders like insomnia
- Altered taste
- Rash, itchy skin (Pruritus)
- Urticaria (pale, red bumps on the skin)
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Ciplox 500mg Tablet
Can I take Ciplox 500 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Ciplox 500 mg tablets should be avoided during pregnancy as it may harm your baby. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Ciplox 500 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Ciprofloxacin can pass into breast milk and harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are on treatment with Ciplox 500 mg tablets.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ciplox 500 mg tablet?
Ciplox 500 mg tablet may make you a little dizzy, hence you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ciplox 500 mg tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking Ciplox 500 mg tablet, as alcohol may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart diseases like very slow heart rhythm, heart failure.
- You have any problems with your kidney, as Ciplox 500 mg tablet will then require dose adjustment.
- You have liver diseases.
- You have any psychiatric illness.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have diabetes, as your blood glucose can drop when you are on this tablet.
- You have myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness), this tablet can worsen it.
- You have any history of tendon problems.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a blood enzyme disease that affects red blood cells).
- You experience any sudden severe allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, stop taking Ciplox 500 mg tablets and contact your doctor immediately.
Mode of Action of Ciplox 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Ciprofloxacin in Ciplox 500 mg tablet works by preventing bacterial growth and killing the infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Ciplox 500mg Tablet
Ciplox 500 mg tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ciplox 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that increase the QT interval e.g., medicines that belong to the class antiarrhythmics, tricyclic antidepressants, macrolides, antipsychotics.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain calcium, iron, aluminium, magnesium, sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate, antacids or sucralfate. Ciprofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking this medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine.read less
- Medicines used for the treatment of gout, like probenecid.
- Medicines used to treat nausea and vomiting like metoclopramide.
- Medicine used to treat acidity like omeprazole.
- Medicine used to treat muscle spasm like tizanidine.
- Medicines that may affect your kidney function like methotrexate.
- Medicine used to treat respiratory diseases like theophylline.
- If you are using medicines known as xanthine derivatives.
- Medicine used to treat epilepsy or fits like phenytoin.
- Medicine used to treat skin conditions, rheumatoid arthritis and organ transplantation like cyclosporin.
- Medicines that are used as blood thinners (Anticoagulants) like warfarin, acenocoumarol, phenprocoumon or fluindione.
- Medicine used to treat psychiatric illnesses like duloxetine, agomelatine.
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease, like ropinirole.
- Anaesthetics like lidocaine.
- Medicines used to treat mental health like clozapine.
- Medicines used to treat erectile dysfunction like sildenafil.
- Medicines used to treat sleeping disorders like zolpidem.
Interactions with food items
Dietary supplements or mineral-fortified drinks like milk, yogurt, calcium-fortified orange juice should not be taken with Ciplox 500 mg tablet as they reduce the absorption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Ciplox 500mg Tablet
- Ciplox 500 mg Tablet does not require any special storage conditions.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ciplox 500mg Tablet
- Excess of this medicine will lead to liver or kidney problems, fits, blood in the urine.
- Symptoms of overdose are headache, dizziness, tiredness, confusion, shakiness, hallucinations, difficulty in urination.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Ciplox 500 mg tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you missed any dose of Ciplox 500 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking Ciplox 500 mg tablet?
- If you experience tightness in the chest, difficulty in breathing or fainting episode, immediately seek medical help.
- If you experience pain, swelling in any joint, immediately stop taking this medicine, take rest, avoid exercise and report to your doctor.
- If you feel depressed, it can worsen.
- If you have diabetes, Ciplox 500 mg tablets can cause a drop in your blood sugars, which can be dangerous.
- If you experience sweating, hunger pangs, headache, tremors, immediately have a juice/ sugar. Inform your doctor about this episode.
Q: What needs to be avoided while taking Ciplox 500 mg tablet?
A: You should avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
Q: Is Ciplox 500 tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Ciplox 500 tablet is an antibiotic.
Q: Can you take Ciplox 500 mg tablet if you have a fever?
A: No, you cannot take Ciplox 500 mg tablet if you have a fever as it is used to treat severe bacterial infections and not viral infections like a fever. Also, you should avoid self-medicating and should take any medicines only after consulting the doctor.
Q: What is the use of the Ciplox 500 tablet?
A: Ciplox 500 tablet is used to treat different types of bacterial infections of the skin, ear, stomach, urinary tract infections, bronchitis, sinusitis, etc.
Q: What is the minimum daily dose for Ciplox 500 tablet?
A: You should take Ciplox 500 mg tablet in doses and duration as prescribed by your doctor. You should not consume it more than prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Ciplox 500 mg tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment even if you feel better. If you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body which can make the infection to return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking the Ciplox 500 mg tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: Is Ciplox 500 mg tablet habit forming?
A: No habit forming tendencies have been noticed with Ciplox 500 mg tablets.
Last Updated on: 23 Oct 2020 | 11:38 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved