Cifran 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cifran 500 mg tablet contains Ciprofloxacin. It is an antibiotic and used to treat various types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, sinusitis and other infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, urinary tract. The common side effects of Cifran 500 tablets are nausea, diarrhoea, headache and stomach pain. Most of which are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine. Use this medicine as per the prescribed duration. It is not to be discontinued abruptly without informing your doctor.
Uses of Cifran 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
For the treatment of respiratory tract infections, ear infection, urinary tract infection, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, intestinal infection, a stomach infection, skin infection, bone and joint infection, digestive system related infections, infections associated with surgeries.
Contraindications of Cifran 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Ciprofloxacin or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are taking other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid.
- If you are taking tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasm).
Side effects of Cifran 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Stomach ache
- lack of energy
- Sleep disorders
- Taste disorders
- Decreased appetite
- Kidney related disorder
- Rash, Itchy skin (Pruritus)
- Urticaria (pale, red bumps on skin)
Precautions and Warnings of Cifran 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Cifran 500 mg tablet during pregnancy?
- It is preferable to avoid Cifran 500 mg tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take Cifran 500 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Cifran 500 mg tablet can pass into human breastmilk and harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cifran 500 mg tablet?
Cifran 500 mg tablet may affect the reaction time, which is crucial for driving. Hence, it is advised not to use this medicine while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Cifran 500 mg tablet?
You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking Cifran 500 mg tablet, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney diseases, as Cifran 500 mg tablet will then require dose adjustment.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have diabetes as your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine.
- You have myasthenia gravis. This medicine can worsen it.
- You have a history of tendon problems.
- You have heart diseases, very slow heart rhythm, heart failure.
- You have liver diseases.
- You have any psychiatric illness.
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- You experience any sudden severe allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, stop taking this medicine and contact your doctor immediately.
Mode of Action of Cifran 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cifran 500 mg tablet prevents bacterial growth and kills the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cifran 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Swallow Cifran 500 mg tablet with a glass of water. Take is as per the directions given by the doctor. Do not cut, break or chew the tablet.
Interactions of Cifran 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Cifran 500 mg tablet and medicines used for heart disorders, psychotic disorders and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously as it can lead to undesirable effects.
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain calcium, iron, aluminium, magnesium, sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate, antacids or sucralfate should not be taken within two hours of taking this medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine.read less
- Medicines used for the treatment of gout like probenecid when used together with Cifran 500 mg tablet may interfere with the effect of this medicine and increase the risk of side effects.
- Medicines used to treat nausea and vomiting like metoclopramide and medicines used to treat acidity like omeprazole may interfere with the effect of Cifran 500 mg tablet.
- Concomitant use of Cifran 500 mg tablet with medicine used to treat muscle spasms like tizanidine may reduce the effect of tizanidine.
- The effect of medicines such as methotrexate can be increases when used together with this medicine. This may lead to side increased kidney toxicity.
- There may be an increase in the side effects of medicines like theophylline, which are used to treat respiratory diseases when used with Cifran 500 mg.
- The effect of medications used to treat epilepsy or fits like phenytoin may be decreased when used together with this medicine.
- Medicine used to treat skin conditions, rheumatoid arthritis and organ transplantation like cyclosporin.
- The risk of bleeding increases when Cifran 500 mg tablet is concomitantly used with blood thinners (Anticoagulants) like warfarin, acenocoumarol, phenprocoumon or fluindione.
- Medicine used to treat psychiatric illness like duloxetine, agomelatine, medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like ropinirole may interfere with the effect of Cifran 500 mg tablet.
- There is an increased risk of side effects when Cifran 500 mg tablet is used with anaesthetics like lidocaine.
- The effect of medicines used to treat mental health like clozapine may be decreased when used concomitantly with Cifran 500 mg tablet.
- The risk side effects related to medicines used to treat erectile dysfunction like sildenafil may increase when used together with this medicine.
- The effect of medicines used to treat sleeping disorders like zolpidem is increased when used together with Cifran 500 mg tablet.
Interactions with food items
Dietary supplements or mineral-fortified drinks like milk, yogurt, calcium-fortified orange juice should not be taken with Cifran 500 mg tablet as they reduce the absorption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Cifran 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Cifran 500 mg Tablet does not require any special storage conditions.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Cifran 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, Cifran 500 tablet may cause confusion, tremor, headache, tiredness, dizziness, hallucinations, fits, liver or kidney impairment, blood in urine, difficulty in urination.read less
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you missed any dose of Cifran 500 tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking Cifran 500 mg tablet?
- If you notice tightness in chest, difficulty in breathing, or fainting episode, immediately seek medical help.
- If you notice pain, swelling in any joint, immediately stop taking this medicine, take rest, avoid exercise and report to your doctor.
- If you are suffering from depression, it can worsen.
- If you have diabetes, this medicine can cause a drop in your blood sugars, which can be dangerous.
- If you experience sweating, hunger pangs, headache, tremors, immediately have a juice/ sugar. Inform your doctor about this episode.
Q: What should I avoid while taking ciprofloxacin?
A: Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
Q: Is Cifran 500 tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Cifran 500 tablet is an antibiotic.
Q: Can you take Cifran 500 mg tablet if you have a fever?
A: No, you cannot take Cifran 500 mg tablet if you have a fever as it is used to treat severe bacterial infections and not viral infections like a fever. Also, avoid self-medicating and should take any medicines only after consulting the doctor.
Q: What is the use of Cifran 500 tablet?
A: Cifran 500 tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections like skin, ear, stomach, urinary tract infections, bronchitis, sinusitis, etc.
Q: What is the minimum daily dose for Cifran 500 tablet?
A: You should take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by your doctor. You should not consume it more than prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Cifran 500 tablet be taken if I am breastfeeding?
A: Cifran 500 tablet passes into breast milk and it could potentially harm the breastfed baby. Therefore, it should not be used during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Cifran 500 mg tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
Q: Is Cifran 500 mg tablet habit forming?
A: No, Cifran 500 mg tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: Can I stop taking Cifran 500 mg tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment, even if you feel better. If you start feeling better, there are still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections that are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 04 Dec 2020 | 03:08 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved