Ciflox 500mg Tablet
Ciflox 500 MG Description
Ciflox Tablet contains Ciprofloxacin. It is an antibiotic used to treat various types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, sinusitis and other infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, urinar
y tract. The common side effects of Ciflox Tablets are nausea, diarrhoea, headache and stomach pain. Most of which are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine. Use this medicine as per the prescribed duration. It is not to be discontinued abruptly without informing your doctor.
|Side effects||Fever, nausea, diarrhoea, headache, dizziness, vomiting|
Uses of Ciflox 500 MG
Contraindications of Ciflox 500 MG
- If you are allergic to Ciprofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are taking other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid.
- If you are taking tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasm).
Side effects of Ciflox 500 MG
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Rash, Itchy skin (Pruritus)
- Urticaria (pale, red bumps on the skin)
Precautions and Warnings of Ciflox 500 MG
- It is preferable to avoid Ciflox Tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney diseases, as Ciflox Tablet will then require dose adjustment.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have diabetes as your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine.
- You have myasthenia gravis. This medicine can worsen it.
- You have a history of tendon problems.
- You have heart diseases, very slow heart rhythm, heart failure.
- You have liver diseases.
- You have any psychiatric illness.
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- You experience any sudden severe allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, stop taking this medicine and contact your doctor immediately.
Mode of Action of Ciflox 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ciflox 500 MG
Interactions of Ciflox 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Ciflox Tablet may affect the way other medicines work or vice versa if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are on certain medications like antigout medicines such as probenecid, antacids like cimetidine, anti-emetic like metoclopramide, medicines for breathing-related disorders, anticoagulants like warfarin, medicines used to treat brain-related disorder like clozapine, medicines for erectile dysfunction, etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are medicines for sleeping disorders like zolpidem, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, anaesthesia like lidocaine, etc.
- Concomitant use of Ciflox Tablet and medicines used for heart disorders, psychotic disorders and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously as it can lead to undesirable effects.
- Medicines or certain supplements containing iron, calcium, etc. antacids or sucralfate should not be taken within two hours of taking this medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ciflox 500 MG
- Ciflox Tablet does not require any special storage conditions.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Ciflox 500 MG
- If you take more medicine than that prescribed, Ciflox Tablet may cause confusion, tremors, headache, tiredness, dizziness, hallucinations, fits, liver or kidney impairment, blood in the urine, difficulty in urination....
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking Ciflox Tablet?
- If you notice tightness in the chest, difficulty in breathing or fainting episode, immediately seek medical help.
- If you notice pain, swelling in any joint, immediately stop taking this medicine, take rest, avoid exercise and report to your doctor.
- If you are suffering from depression, it can worsen.
- If you have diabetes, this medicine can cause a drop in your blood sugars, which can be dangerous.
- If you experience sweating, hunger pangs, a headache, tremors, immediately have a juice/sugar. Inform your doctor about this episode.
Q: What should I avoid while taking the ciprofloxacin?
Q: Is Ciflox Tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can you take Ciflox Tablet if you have a fever?
Q: What is the use of Ciflox Tablet?
Q: What is the minimum daily dose for Ciflox Tablet?
Q: Can Ciflox Tablet be taken if I am breastfeeding?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Ciflox Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have a liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or are planning to have a baby.
Q: Is Ciflox Tablet habit-forming?
Q: Can I stop taking Ciflox Tablet before the prescribed duration?
- Ciprofloxacin 100 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
- DailyMed - CIPROFLOXACIN- ciprofloxacin tablet, film coatedCIPROFLOXACIN tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
- Ciprofloxacin Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].