Chlorocol Eye Oint 3gm
Chlorocol 1 %W/W Description
Chlorocol Eye Ointment is an antibiotic eye drops used to treat bacterial conjunctivitis in adults and children. It contains chloramphenicol as its active medicine. Chlorocol should be used externall
y only. Avoid the use of contact lenses. Avoid touching the dropper with your eye.
Uses of Chlorocol 1 %W/W
- Chlorocol Eye Ointment is used for the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis.
Contraindications of Chlorocol 1 %W/W
- If you are allergic to chloramphenicol or to any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you or someone in your family ever had a blood disorder or bone marrow disease including anemia when using chloramphenicol in the past.
- If you have a family history of dyscrasias, a condition which can cause tiredness, bruising and an increased risk of infections
Side effects of Chlorocol 1 %W/W
- Transient irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Chlorocol 1 %W/W
Other General Warnings
- You have visual disturbances or severe pain in the eye
- Your eye is inflamed and you have a rash on the scalp or face
- Your eye looks cloudy or you are sensitive to light
- Your black or coloured part of the eye looks unusual
- You have a foreign body in the eye
- You have an eye infection that keeps coming back
- You have glaucoma or dry eyes
- You have eye injury or eye surgery
- You are currently using any other eye medications
Mode of Action of Chlorocol 1 %W/W
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Chlorocol 1 %W/W
- Use Chlorocol Eye Ointment as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after instilling.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
Interactions of Chlorocol 1 %W/W
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way Chlorocol Eye Ointment works or Chlorocol Eye Ointment itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, medicines for cancer and medicines for the immune system.
Storage and disposal of Chlorocol 1 %W/W
- Store in a refrigerator at a temperature between 2°C and 8°C
- Store away from heat and light. Keep away from children
Dosage of Chlorocol 1 %W/W
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Chlorocol Eye Ointment if I have had an eye surgery in last six months?
Q: Can I wear my contact lens while using Chlorocol Eye Ointment?
- Chloramphenicol Eye Drops BP 0.5% W/V - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 June 2022]
- Chloramphenicol Eye Drops BP 0.5% W/V - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 June 2022]