By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS
30ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cetral Syrup is an anti-allergic medication and is used to treat symptoms associated with allergies such as itching, sneezing, watery eyes, running nose, rashes, and pale red bumps. It contains cetiri
zine as an active ingredient. Take as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Cetral Syrup should be used with caution in children and it is recommended to consult the doctor before using the medicine in pregnant and lactating women....
Uses of Cetral Syp
Cetral Syrup is used to treat allergies like dust or pet allergies, sneezing, itchy, runny and blocked nose, red and watery eyes, swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin. insect bite and hives.
Contraindications of Cetral Syp
- If you are allergic to cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or any Piperazine derivatives or other ingredients of Cetral Syrup.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
Side effects of Cetral Syp
- Sleepiness, drowsiness
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Cetral Syp
Can I take Cetral Syrup during pregnancy?
- Cetral Syrup should be avoided by pregnant women.
- There are no adequate and well-controlled studies regarding the safety of the medicine in pregnant women.
- Hence it is better to avoid it in pregnancy unless specified by the physician.
- Consult the doctor for further advice.
Can I take Cetral Syrup while breastfeeding?
Cetral Syrup passes into breast milk; therefore, Avoid the medicine while breastfeeding unless the doctor has suggested you to do so.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cetral Syrup?
Cetral Syrup is known to cause sleepiness, hence driving or operating machines should be avoided while you are taking the medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Cetral Syrup?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with Cetral Syrup as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney problem.
- You have bladder problems; Cetral Syrup may increase the risk of urinary retention.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
Mode of Action of Cetral Syp
How Does It Work?
- Histamine is a substance produced in the body in case of allergies leading to itching, runny nose, sneezing, and watery eyes.
- Cetral Syrup works by blocking the histamine and hence decreases allergy symptoms.
Directions for Use of Cetral Syp
- Take Cetral Syrup as directed by the doctor.
- Read the instructions of the label before usage.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or dropper for the quantity.
Interactions of Cetral Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines may affect the way Cetral Syrup works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines used to treat anxiety, to induce sleep, for mental health problems, muscle relaxants, to relieve pain (prescription analgesics/ painkillers.
Interactions with food items
The administration of the medicine with food does not affect the way the medicine works. Cetral Syrup may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Cetral Syp
- Store Cetral Syrup at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Cetral Syp
- Overdose causes tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, tremor, urinary retention.
Missed a Dose
- If you experience symptoms or think you have taken too much of Cetral Syrup, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you missed the dose of Cetral Syrup, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with a regular dosing schedule.
- Avoid double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precaution I need to take while on medication of Cetral Syrup?
- Yes, Cetral Syrup is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or activity like operating machinery after taking the medicine.
- If you develop a rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking the medicine, it may be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: Does Cetral Syrup cause addiction?
A: No, Cetral Syrup is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 June 2021]
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 June 2021]
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets, USP – Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 6 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Cetirizine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 June 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 02:20 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved