Cetiriz Syp 30ml
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
30ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cetiriz Syp 30ml contains Cetirizine Hydrochloride, which is an anti-allergic medication.
Uses of Cetiriz Syp 30ml
- Allergies such as dust or pet allergies
- Itchy, runny and blocked nose
- Red and watery eyes
- Swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin
- Insect bite and hives
Contraindications of Cetiriz Syp 30ml
- If you are allergic to Cetirizine, hydroxyzine or any piperazine derivatives
- If you have severe kidney disease
Side effects of Cetiriz Syp 30ml
- Sleepiness, drowsiness
- Swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Cetiriz Syp 30ml
Can I take Cetiriz Syp 30ml during pregnancy?
- Cetirizine should be avoided by pregnant women.
- There are no adequate and well-controlled studies regarding the safety of this medicine in pregnant women.
- Hence it is better to avoid it in pregnancy unless specified by your physician.
- Consult your doctor for further advice.
Can I take Cetiriz Syp 30ml while breastfeeding?
Cetiriz Syp 30ml passes into breast milk; therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding unless your doctor has suggested you to do so.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cetiriz Syp 30ml?
This medicine is known to cause sleepiness, hence driving or operating machines should be avoided while you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Cetiriz Syp 30ml?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problem
- You have bladder problems; this medicine can increase the risk of urinary retention
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy)
Mode of Action of Cetiriz Syp 30ml
How Does It Work?
- Histamine is a substance produced in our body in case of allergies leading to itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes.
- Cetiriz Syp 30ml works by blocking this histamine and hence decreases allergy symptoms.
Directions for Use of Cetiriz Syp 30ml
- Read the instructions on the label before usage
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
Interactions of Cetiriz Syp 30ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat anxiety
- Medicines used to induce sleep
- Medicines used to treat depression
- Medicines used to relax muscles (muscle relaxants)
- Medicines used to relieve pain (prescription analgesics/ painkillers)
Interactions with food items
The administration of this medicine with food does not affect the way this medicine works. Cetirizine may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Cetiriz Syp 30ml
- This medicine does not require any particular storage conditions
- Try to keep it away from children
Dosage of Cetiriz Syp 30ml
- Overdose may cause tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, tremor, urinary retention.
- If you experience any of the side effects, contact your doctor immediately
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precaution I need to take while on medication of Cetiriz Syp 30ml?
- Yes, this medicine is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness, hence never drive or do any activity like operating machinery after taking this medicine
- If you develop any rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking this medicine, it could be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 15% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 18% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved