Cefrox 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
By MARC LABORATORIES PVT LTD
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefrox 500 MG Description
Cefrox Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears, respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue infections. Cefrox contains
cefuroxime as its active component. It works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria, which ultimately causes the death of bacteria. Cefrox Tablet should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. Complete the entire treatment with this medicine and do not stop in a mid-way on your own without the knowledge of your doctor.
|You Save||₹62.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, stomach pain, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefuroxime(500.0 Mg)
14 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Cefrox 500mg Strip Of 4 Tablets
- Cefasyn 500mg TabletBy Cipla Gx4 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 228.80₹ 183.0448.48% CHEAPER₹ 45.76/Tablet
- Instaceff 500mg Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Instaray Pharmaceuticals6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 349.00₹ 349.0034.51% CHEAPER₹ 58.17/Tablet
- Zefu 500mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 385.00₹ 327.2563.15% CHEAPER₹ 32.73/Tablet
- Deepoxime 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Deepkamal Health Services Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 745.00₹ 633.2528.7% CHEAPER₹ 63.33/Tablet
- Aroxime 500mg Tablets 10'sBy Arnon Healthcare Llp10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 799.00₹ 631.2128.93% CHEAPER₹ 63.12/Tablet
- Stafcure 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 475.00₹ 403.7554.54% CHEAPER₹ 40.38/Tablet
- Auffcef 500mg TabletBy Auftritt Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 659.00₹ 566.7436.2% CHEAPER₹ 56.67/Tablet
- Cefurush 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Vereor Healthcare10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 594.00₹ 504.9043.15% CHEAPER₹ 50.49/Tablet
- C Furo 500mg TabletBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 356.50₹ 303.0265.89% CHEAPER₹ 30.3/Tablet
- Zocef 500mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 810.00₹ 688.5022.48% CHEAPER₹ 68.85/Tablet
Uses of Cefrox 500 MG
Cefrox Tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ears, throat, skin, soft tissue, sinus, urinary tract, reproductive organs and respiratory tract, etc.
Contraindications of Cefrox 500 MG
- If you are allergic to cefuroxime or any other ingredients of Cefrox Tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to penicillin, monobactams, carbapenems, or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Cefrox 500 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cefrox 500 MG
Can I take Cefrox Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Cefrox Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits and need.
Can I take Cefrox Tablet while breastfeeding?
Cefrox Tablet passes into human milk in small amounts and may cause some side-effects. Thus you should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding. Watch for the symptoms like diarrhoea in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cefrox Tablet?
Cefrox Tablet may make you dizzy, and you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefrox Tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine. However, long term use of alcohol can weaken your immune system and body's response to pathogens and infections. Consult your doctor for more information if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease.
- You develop white patches in your mouth.
- You develop rash with blisters and peeling of the skin.
- You experience continuous diarrhoea, you should immediately stop taking it and consult a doctor.
- You have difficulty in breathing or develop skin rash, swelling of face or mouth after taking Cefrox Tablet.
- Cefrox Tablet is not recommended for children aged under 3 months.
Mode of Action of Cefrox 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Cefrox Tablet works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis. The absence of a bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Cefrox 500 MG
- Cefrox Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results
Interactions of Cefrox 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefrox Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Cefrox Tablet along with contraceptive pills may cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use another method of contraception (such as condoms)....
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid) and medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin) should be used with caution along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Cefrox 500 MG
- Store Cefrox Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cefrox 500 MG
Incase of ovedose contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure and relapse of the infection. If you miss any dose of Cefrox Tablet take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one...
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Cefrox Tablet?
A: Cefrox Tablet is used to treat different types of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, skin, ears, throat, soft tissue, sinus, urinary tract, etc.
Q: Can I stop taking Cefrox Tablet before prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of treatment with Cefrox Tablet even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Q: Is Cefrox Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Cefrox Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing cefuroxime as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of wide range of bacterial infection.
- Novacef tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Zinnat Tablets 125mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 April 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed