Cefpotas Cv 325mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Cefpotas Cv Tablet is an antibiotic that is used to treat infection of the urinary tract, lungs, airways, sinus, throat and windpipe. It is a combination medicine containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic
acid as its active ingredients. It acts by the combined action of its two components. Cefpodoxime inhibits the growth of bacteria by interfering with the cell wall and clavulanic acid helps in maintaining the optimal levels of Cefpodoxime. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose or stop taking this medicine on your own. Before using Cefpotas Cv Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Cefpotas Cv 325mg Tablet
Cefpotas Cv Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the skin, ear, respiratory tract, urinary tract, lungs, throat and tonsil, sexually transmitted diseases.
Contraindications of Cefpotas Cv 325mg Tablet
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredients of Cefpotas Cv Tablet.
- If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria Clostridium difficile.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidney.
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Cefpotas Cv 325mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Cefpotas Cv 325mg Tablet
Can I take Cefpotas Cv Tablet during pregnancy?
You should consult your doctor before using Cefpotas Cv Tablet as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will only prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Cefpotas Cv Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Cefpotas Cv Tablet are secreted in breast milk in low amounts. Thus, your doctor will decide of either discontinuing the medicine or the breastfeeding after assessing the potential risk on breastfeeding infant over risk of delayed treatment on breastfeeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Cefpotas Cv Tablet?
It is advisable not to drive or use machines when you have taken Cefpotas Cv Tablet as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Cefpotas Cv Tablet?
Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Cefpotas Cv Tablet as it can cause facial flushing, nausea, vomiting or a more severe reaction.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic medicine.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on Cefpotas Cv Tablet or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You regularly consume alcohol in excess.
Mode of Action of Cefpotas Cv 325mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Cefpotas Cv Tablet works by the combined action of both its components: cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy Cefpodoxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Cefpotas Cv 325mg Tablet
Cefpotas Cv Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken after your meals to avoid stomach
discomforts. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Cefpotas Cv 325mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Cefpotas Cv Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid as they may alter the way your kidney functions.
- If you are taking other medicines like Cyclosporine, Cisplatin, Indomethacin, inform your doctor as your kidney functions need to be monitored more closely.
Interactions with food items
Cefpotas Cv Tablet should be taken after food to avoid any stomach discomforts.
Storage and disposal of Cefpotas Cv 325mg Tablet
- Store Cefpotas Cv Tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it in original packaging to protect it from light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Cefpotas Cv 325mg Tablet
- Symptoms of an overdose include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain diseases may occur.
- Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you think you have taken too much of Cefpotas Cv Tablet.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of Cefpotas Cv Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Cefpotas Cv Tablet?
A: You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescribed duration. If you stop taking Cefpotas Cv Tablet before completing the treatment, there may be chances that the infection may reoccur.
Q: Can I take Cefpotas Cv Tablet for flu?
A: Flu is a common cold that is generally caused by viruses. Cefpotas Cv Tablet only works against bacteria and not viruses. Do not self-medicate, as this antibiotic is for severe infections. Seek medical help and follow your doctor's advice.
Q: Can we consume alcohol with Cefpotas Cv Tablet?
- You should avoid consuming alcohol along with this medicine as alcohol and Cefpotas Cv Tablet have similar side effects.
- The concomitant use can further increase the side effects.
- Alcohol slows down body's functions and can reduce energy levels which can delay the recovery from illness.
- Bros enterprise. TAB.C-POX-CL. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Cefoprox CV Tablets / Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil + Clavulanate potassium) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- Doxporin CV Tablets-Anhydrous Cefpodxime [Internet]. Bionova.co.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefpodoxime/Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 May 2021]
Last Updated on: 13 May 2021 | 05:25 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved