Carpinol Ampoule Of 1ml Eye Drops
By SUNWAYS (INDIA) PVT LTD
1ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Carpinol 0.5 %W/V Description
Carpinol ampoule of 1ml eye drops contains pilocarpine 0.5% w/v used to treat glaucoma and certain disease conditions that causes the pupil of the eye to get bigger.
|You Save||₹3.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Glaucoma, Reverse the effect of medicines that cause the pupil of the eye to get bigger|
|Side effects||Temporarily blurred vision,Temporary short sightedness,Difficulty in seeing in poor light,Headache and brow ache, Itching|
Check more medicines with composition as Pilocarpine(0.5 %W/V)
Uses of Carpinol 0.5 %W/V
- Glaucoma (an increase in the pressure within the eye)
- Reverse the effect of medicines that cause the pupil of the eye to get bigger
Contraindications of Carpinol 0.5 %W/V
- Allergic to any ingredients of Carpinol ampoule eye drops
- Inflammation of coloured part of the eye( acute iritis or anterior uveitis)
- Wearing soft contact lenses
- Eye disorders such as narrow eye glaucoma
Side effects of Carpinol 0.5 %W/V
- Itching and reddening of the eyes
- Swollen and sore eyelids
- Temporarily blurring of vision
- Temporary short-sightedness
- Headache and brow ache
- Bleeding within the front of the eye
Precautions and Warnings of Carpinol 0.5 %W/V
Can I use Carpinol Ampoule eye drops during pregnancy?
Carpinol Ampoule eye drops is not recommended during pregnancy.
Can I use Carpinol Ampoule eye drops while breastfeeding?
Carpinol Ampoule eye drops are not recommended while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have used Carpinol Ampoule eye drops?
Carpinol Ampoule Eye Drops may cause blurred vision in poor light. You may have difficulty adapting to darkness. Hence, please avoid driving or operating heavy machinery in poorly lit places.
Can I consume alcohol while using Carpinol Ampoule eye drops?
Drinking alcohol while on treatment with Carnipol eye drops is not recommended.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have disorders of the heart
- You have asthma
- You have Parkinson's disease
- You have difficulty passing urine
- You have high blood pressure
- You have ulcers in your stomach
- You are pregnant or a nursing mother
Mode of Action of Carpinol 0.5 %W/V
How Does It Work?
Pilocarpine belongs to a group of medicines called miotics. The medication directly stimulates cholinergic receptors by acting on the muscarinic receptor on the iris sphincter muscle. As a result, it contracts the muscle that makes the eye pupil bigger(miosis)....
Directions for Use of Carpinol 0.5 %W/V
Always use Carpinol ampoule eye drops exactly as directed by your doctor. It is for external use only.
Interactions of Carpinol 0.5 %W/V
Interactions with other medicines
- Pilocarpine may intensify the effect of anticholinesterases and decrease the effects of anticholinergics
- Adrenergic blockers may decrease the effects of pilocarpine
- The effect of pilocarpine will be increased when used along with MAOIs, phenothiazines, antihistamines and tricyclic antidepressants
Storage and disposal of Carpinol 0.5 %W/V
Store at a temperature below 25°C. Store out of reach from children. Do not throw away the unused medicine in the household trash. Instead, please ask your pharmacist for safe disposal practices.
Dosage of Carpinol 0.5 %W/V
Please go to the emergency department closest to you if you have used the eye drops in excess. In addition, please carry the product package with you to provide the doctor treating you with the necessary details....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, please take it as soon as you realise it. Then, please skip the missed dose and take the next one if it is time for your next dose. Do not take two doses at a time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I wear soft contact lenses while using Carpinol ampoule eye drops?
A: Soft contact lenses must not be worn while using Carpinol ampoule eye drops. It may irritate the eyes and discolour contact lenses.
Q: What to do if you accidentally swallow the Carpinol ampoule eye drops?
A: Carnipol Ampoule eye drops are for external use only. If you have swallowed or you suspect someone else has swallowed any Carnipol Eye Drops, contact your doctor or go to your local hospital's accident and emergency department at once. Always take the container with you if possible, even if empty.
Q: How long should I use the Carpinol ampoule eye drops?
A: It would help if you kept using the Carnipol ampoule eye drops for as long as your doctor has advised. Please follow the dosage and course of treatment as prescribed by your doctor.
- Home - electronic medicines compendium (emc) [Internet]. Pilocarpine Eye Drops BP 1.0% w/v - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc); [cited 2022 Apr 9]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/3398/smpc#CLINICAL_PRECAUTIONS
- Pilocarpine Eye Drops [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3398.pdf
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed