Canfree Lotion (Shampoo)
By CHEM MED PHARMACEUTICALS
60ml Shampoo in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Canfree Lotion (Shampoo) Description
Canfree Shampoo is used in dandruff and flaky scalp. It contains a combination of ketoconazole and zinc pyrithione as its active ingredients. Ketoconazole binds to the fungal cell membrane and inhibi
ts its growth by altering the permeability of cell membranes. Canfree Shampoo should be used as advised by your doctor.
|You Save||₹26.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Pyrithione Zinc(1.0 %) + Ketoconazole(2.0 %)|
|Side effects||Dry hair, skin burning sensation, thinning of the hair|
Check more medicines with composition as Pyrithione Zinc(1.0 %) + Ketoconazole(2.0 %)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Canfree Lotion (Shampoo)
- Zocon Kz Shampoo 60mlBy Fdc Limited60ml Shampoo in BottleMRP 254.00₹ 215.90₹ 3.6/Millilitre
- Kurazol Shampoo 100mlBy Prism Lifescience100ml Shampoo in BottleMRP 307.00₹ 307.00₹ 3.07/Millilitre
- Myket Zp Shampoo 100mlBy Kivi Labs Limited100ml Shampoo in BottleMRP 355.00₹ 301.75₹ 3.02/Millilitre
- Danclear Shampoo 90mlBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd90ml Shampoo in BottleMRP 361.75₹ 307.49₹ 3.42/Millilitre
Uses of Canfree Lotion (Shampoo)
Canfree Shampoo is used for the treatment and prevention of dandruff.
Contraindications of Canfree Lotion (Shampoo)
If you are allergic to ketoconazole or zinc pyrithione or any other contents of Canfree Shampoo
Side effects of Canfree Lotion (Shampoo)
- Dry hair
- Skin burning sensation
- Thinning of the hair
- Change of hair texture
Precautions and Warnings of Canfree Lotion (Shampoo)
Can I use Canfree Shampoo during pregnancy?
Canfree Shampoo should not be used during pregnancy unless considered necessary by your doctor. Do not use without consulting your doctor.
Can I use Canfree Shampoo while breastfeeding?
Use of Canfree Shampoo while breastfeeding poses little or no risk to the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have used Canfree Shampoo?
Canfree Shampoo is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I am using Canfree Shampoo?
There is no data regarding interactions between Canfree Shampoo and alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your skin condition doesn't improve, worsens or if you experience any side effects.
- Take precautions to ensure the shampoo does not get into your eyes if it does wash your eyes with cold water gently.
- You are applying any steroid creams, gradually decrease the application over 2-3 weeks. Suddenly stopping it is not advised as it may worsen your skin problems.
Mode of Action of Canfree Lotion (Shampoo)
How Does It Work?
Ketoconazole and zinc pyrithione are antifungal medicines. Dandruff is caused by a fungus Malassezia residing on the scalp. It inhibits the growth of fungus and yeasts by altering the permeability of fungal cell membranes. Hence, it prevents the growth of fungus and yeast. It results in the death of a fungal cell....
Directions for Use of Canfree Lotion (Shampoo)
- Canfree Shampoo should be used as directed by the doctor.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water. Apply enough shampoo and gently massage it over your entire scalp. Keep it for 5-10 mins before rinsing off. Rinse your hair and scalp with water.
- Canfree Shampoo may be irritating to mucous membranes of the eyes and contact with this area should be avoided.
- In case your eyes come in contact with Canfree Shampoo rinse your eyes with cold water thoroughly.
Interactions of Canfree Lotion (Shampoo)
Interactions with other medicines
If you were on any steroid creams for a prolonged time, it is recommended to withdraw it over 2-3 weeks, while using Canfree Shampoo, to prevent worsening of an underlying condition.
Storage and disposal of Canfree Lotion (Shampoo)
- Store the Canfree Shampoo in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and direct light.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged products.
Dosage of Canfree Lotion (Shampoo)
As Canfree Shampoo is only for external use, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss applying Canfree Shampoo, apply it the next time you wash your hair. Do not over apply the shampoo just to compensate for the missed application.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to use Canfree Shampoo?
- Wet your hair and scalp well with water
- Apply enough shampoo and gently massage it over your entire scalp
- Rinse your hair and scalp with water
Q: Is Canfree Shampoo good for hair?
- Dandruff makes your hair brittle and causes hair fall
- Canfree Shampoo will help you to get rid of dandruff
Q: Can Canfree be used on coloured hair?
A: Yes, it can be used on coloured hair.
Q: Will Canfree cure dandruff permanently?
A: Canfree will help control and get rid of dandruff. Keeping the scalp clean, proper head massages, not using harsh shampoos or hair colour and taking appropriate supplements along with Canfree shall help get rid of dandruff.
Q: What is the use of Canfree Shampoo?
A: Canfree Shampoo is used for treating and preventing dandruff.
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole (Topical Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Ketomac Shampoo [Internet]. Ketomac.co.in. 2021 [ Cited 7 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole 2% w/w Shampoo - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- Ketoconazole Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
- The effects of a shampoo containing zinc pyrithione on the control of dandruff [Internet]. pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed