C Dox 200mg Tablets
By SHINCE PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
C Dox 200 MG Description
C Dox Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It is an antibiotic medicine containin
g cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria, improving your condition and curing the infection. C Dox Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort. Before using C Dox Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹2.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefpodoxime(200.0 Mg)
28 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as C Dox 200mg Tablets
- Proxtl 200mg TabletBy Veritaz Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 190.28₹ 190.28₹ 19.03/Tablet
- Podo 200mg TabletBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 196.00₹ 166.60₹ 16.66/Tablet
- Cepy O 200mg TabletBy Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 199.00₹ 169.15₹ 16.92/Tablet
- Monocef O 200mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 185.00₹ 157.25₹ 15.73/Tablet
- Zedocef 200mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 185.90₹ 159.87₹ 15.99/Tablet
- Polypod 200mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 185.90₹ 161.73₹ 16.17/Tablet
- Doxcef 200mg TabletBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 168.60₹ 143.31₹ 14.33/Tablet
- Polares 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 243.10₹ 243.10₹ 24.31/Tablet
- Oxipod 200mg TabletBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 160.65₹ 139.77₹ 13.98/Tablet
- Cefentod 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Entod Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 183.20₹ 155.72₹ 15.57/Tablet
Uses of C Dox 200 MG
- C Dox Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections like respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia), skin infections, ear infections, infection of the sinuses, throat Infections, infection of the tonsils....
- It is also used to treat infection of the urinary tract, gonorrhoea (a sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs) and other infection of genital organs in male and female.
Contraindications of C Dox 200 MG
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any other ingredients of C Dox Tablet.
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of C Dox 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of C Dox 200 MG
Can I take C Dox Tablet during pregnancy?
As there is limited information about the use of C Dox Tablet during pregnancy, consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting this tablet.
Can I take C Dox Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of C Dox Tablet are known to pass into the breastmilk but in small amounts. However, it can be used while breastfeeding. In case of diarrhoea or mucosal fungal infection in the breastfed baby, consult your doctor for further information.
Can I drive if I have consumed C Dox Tablet?
You may feel dizzy while taking C Dox Tablet. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with C Dox Tablet?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and C Dox Tablet. However, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking C Dox Tablet.
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have a history of stomach and intestine disease.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins.
- You are using any Beta-lactam antibacterial medicines.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
Mode of Action of C Dox 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Cefpodoxime in C Dox Tablet works by controlling the growth of bacteria and killing them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
Directions for Use of C Dox 200 MG
C Dox Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, after your meal to avoid stomach discomforts. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of C Dox 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way C Dox Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid), medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants) should be used with caution along with C Dox Tablet....
Interactions with food items
Food increases the absorption of C Dox Tablet. Thus, your doctor may recommend you take it with or after having your meal.
Storage and disposal of C Dox 200 MG
- Store C Dox Tablet in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of C Dox 200 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea and vomiting.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of C Dox Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of C Dox Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can C Dox Tablet be taken for flu and running nose?
- No, you should not take C Dox Tablet without consulting the doctor.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
- This medication is not for viral infections and generally, flu occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop taking C Dox Tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment, even if you feel better. Though you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections, which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course with C Dox Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: What is C Dox Tablet?
A: C Dox Tablet is an antibiotic containing Cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It is used to treat bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, ear, nose, throat, urinary tract.
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ba. Cefpodoxime Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Vantin Tablets and Oral Suspension cefpodoxime proxetil tablets and cefpodoxime proxetil for oral suspension, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Cefdox [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed