Betacortril Strip Of 10 Tablets
By PFIZER LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Betacortril Tablet is used to relieve inflammation (redness, swelling, itching) which is associated with an allergy, immune-related disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, bronchial asthma, skin and other allergic conditions. It is a steroid medicine containing betamethasone as its main component. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Do not miss any dose or stop taking it without consulting the doctor. You must complete the entire course with the medicine. Some common side effects of Betacortril Tablets are nausea, indigestion, heartburn but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before using this Tablet....
Uses of Betacortril 0.5 MG
Betacortril Tablet is used to treat inflammation (swelling, redness) due to various conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, skin allergies, other allergic conditions, etc.
Contraindications of Betacortril 0.5 MG
- If you are allergic to betamethasone or any other ingredients of Betacortril Tablet.
- If you have any infection and have not yet started medicines to treat it.
Side effects of Betacortril 0.5 MG
- Increased sweating
- Increased appetite
- Thinning of bones
Precautions and Warnings of Betacortril 0.5 MG
Can I take Betacortril Tablet during pregnancy?
Betacortril Tablet must be avoided during pregnancy, as they may be harmful. However, the doctor may prescribe you the medicine after assessing the benefits over risks. If you get pregnant while on treatment, consult the doctor. Do not stop the medicine unless told to do so by the doctor.
Can I take Betacortril Tablet while breastfeeding?
Betacortril Tablet is likely to pass into milk. Thus, consult the doctor before using the medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed a Betacortril Tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Betacortril Tablet on driving. However, if you may not feel well or are unable to be alert, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Betacortril Tablet?
There is no known interaction beyween alcohol and Betacortril Tablet. It is essential to consult the physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any type of infection.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You have diabetes, tuberculosis or fits.
- You have an underactive thyroid gland.
- You have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- You have a condition of muscle weakness.
- You have osteoporosis (bones becoming weak).
- You have eye problems like blurred vision, etc.
- You or the family members had or have glaucoma.
- You are suffering from mental health problems.
- You had chickenpox, shingles, measles or have been in contact with a person who has it.
Mode of Action of Betacortril 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Betamethasone works by binding to steroid receptors present in the cells, activating natural substances in the skin to reduce swelling, redness and itching.
Directions for Use of Betacortril 0.5 MG
- Take Betacortril Tablet exactly as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine.
- It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions. Do not exceed the dose more than that recommended.
Interactions of Betacortril 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Betacortril Tablet works or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
- Medicines like carbenoxolone, oral contraceptive pills, mifepristone, vecuronium, tretinoin, quetiapine should be used cautiously along with Betacortril Tablet.
- Also, inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Betacortril 0.5 MG
- Betacortril Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Betacortril 0.5 MG
If you think you have taken too much Betacortril, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
In case you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Betacortril Tablet contain?
A: Betacortril Tablet contains betamethasone as an active ingredient.
Q: Is Betacortril Tablet a steroid medicine?
A: Yes, this Tablet contains betamethasone, which is a steroid.
Q: How should I take Betacortril Tablet?
A: Take a Betacortril Tablet with a glass of water. Swallow it as an entire. Do not break, cut or chew the medicine. It should be taken as directed by a doctor.
Q: Can I stop taking Betacortril medicine if I feel my symptoms are gone?
A: No, you should not suddenly stop taking the medicine until it is advised by the doctor, even if you feel your symptoms have disappeared. If you do, you may not be completely cured and it may produce side effects.
Q: What is Betacortril Tablet used for?
A: Betacortril Tablet is a steroid. It is used for the treatment of a wide range of medical conditions including allergies, auto-immune disorders, inflammatory conditions, bronchial asthma, etc.
Q: How often can you take Betacortril?
A: You should take this medicine exactly as told by the doctor. The dose and frequency of this medicine vary among individuals depending on the condition it is being taken for. You should not consume more than the recommended daily dose by the doctor.
Q: What are the side effects of Betacortril?
A: Indigestion, heartburn, nausea, increased sweating, increased appetite, thinning of bones are a few common side effects of Betacortril. These side effects are usually mild and resolve on their own. However, it is not important that everyone gets them.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Betnelan Tablet [Internet]. India-pharma.gsk.com. 2021 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Betamethasone 500 microgram Soluble Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Betamethasone 500 microgram Soluble Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 April 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.