Banocide Adult Syrup 100ml
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Banocide 120 MG Description
Banocide syrup is an antihelminthic medicine. It contains diethylcarbamazine used to treat worms and other microfilarial infections like filariasis, worms in dogs and cats, etc.
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Banocide Adult Syrup 100ml
- Dicarb Inga Syrup 100mlBy Inga Laboratories Pvt Ltd100ml Syrup in BottleMRP 56.70₹ 56.70₹ 0.57/Ml
Uses of Banocide 120 MG
- Lymphatic Filariasis
- Worm infections
Contraindications of Banocide 120 MG
- Allergy to diethylcarbamazine
- Severe/Acute worm infections
Side effects of Banocide 120 MG
- Joint pain
- Blood in urine
- Nodules under skin
- Lymph node swelling
- Localized swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Banocide 120 MG
Can I take Banocide syrup during pregnancy?
Banocide syrup should be taken during pregnancy only if prescribed by the doctor. Inform your doctor if you become pregnant during the treatment or plan to get pregnant.
Can I take Banocide syrup while breastfeeding?
As it is unknown whether diethylcarbamazine is excreted in breast milk, Banocide syrup should only be taken if the doctor prescribes it.
Can I drive if I have consumed Banocide syrup?
It is not known whether Banocide syrup affects your driving ability. However, if symptoms like dizziness or nausea are experienced, it may hamper your driving ability; in that case, avoid driving and wait until you feel better.
Can I consume alcohol with Banocide syrup?
The interaction of Diethylcarbamazine with alcohol is unknown.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an allergy to diethylcarbamazine or any other excipient
- You have Kidney damage
- You have seizures/epilepsy
- You have lung problems
- You have an acute episode of worms
- You have Onchocerciasis worm infection
- You are taking other prescription, non-prescription medication, herbal or nutritional supplements, vitamins or minerals.
Mode of Action of Banocide 120 MG
How Does It Work?
The exact mechanism of Diethylcarbamazine is unknown, but it reduces the muscular activity, thereby leading to paralysis of the worm and killing them.
Directions for Use of Banocide 120 MG
- Banocide syrup is to be taken orally as directed by the physician with the help of a measuring cup
- Do not exceed the number of the prescribed dose
- Shake well before use
Interactions of Banocide 120 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Interaction with doxycycline can cause a reduction in symptoms of Filariasis
Other general Interactions
- Banocide should not be given in patients with Onchocerciasis worm affection as it can lead to severe damage to nerves of the eyes.
- Patients with kidney damage should take a lower dose of Banocide as recommended by the physician
Storage and disposal of Banocide 120 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place at a temperature of no more than 25° C
- Keep it away from heat and moisture
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
- Do not flush the contents of the medicine
- It should be discarded safely; ask the pharmacist or doctor about the safe ways to discard the medicine
Dosage of Banocide 120 MG
In case of overdose, gastrointestinal symptoms and gastric disturbances are generally evident, including abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhoea. If you experience these symptoms, inform your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember, do not panic and take two doses at once. However, if the subsequent dose is approaching, take the prescribed dose at the usual time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Banocide syrup with other deworming medicine like Albendazole?
A: Yes, diethylcarbamazine and albendazole can be taken together as per your physician's orders. Do not self-medicate only follow your doctor's instructions.
Q: Can I use Banocide syrup along with herbal medicines?
A: It is best to discuss with your physician about any possible drug interactions of diethylcarbamazine and herbal medicines before using both together.
Q: Is Banocide syrup habit forming?
A: No habit forming tendencies have been reported with diethylcarbamazine.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.