Avas D 20mg Tablet
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Avas D 20mg Tablet Description
Avas D Tablet is a cholesterol-lowering medicine that is used to treat high levels of cholesterol in the body, in a condition known as hypercholesterolemia. It contains a combination of atorvastatin
and Vitamin D3/cholecalciferol as its active substances. Avas D Tablet should not be used in children below 10 years of age. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. It is important that you have a cholesterol-lowering diet while taking Avas D Tablets for adequate control of your blood cholesterol levels.
|You Save||₹33.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Atorvastatin(20.0 Mg) + Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(1000.0 Iu)|
|Side effects||Headache, stomach pain, weakness, nausea, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Atorvastatin(20.0 Mg) + Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(1000.0 Iu)
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Avas D 20mg Tablet
- Atorsave D 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 271.01₹ 230.3618.25% CHEAPER₹ 15.36/Tablet
Uses of Avas D 20mg Tablet
Avas D Tablet is used for the treatment of high levels of cholesterol in the body along with diet in individuals above 10 years of age.
Contraindications of Avas D 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin, Vitamin D3/cholecalciferol or any other ingredient of Avas D Tablet.
- If you have liver problems.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are a woman capable of becoming pregnant and not using any methods of birth control.
Side effects of Avas D 20mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Avas D 20mg Tablet
Can I take Avas D Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the effect of Avas D Tablet in pregnancy. The use of Avas D Tablet is contraindicated in pregnant women.
Can I take Avas D Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is no information if Avas D Tablet passes into human breast milk. Avas D Tablet is contraindicated for use in women who are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Avas D Tablet?
There is limited information on the effect of Avas D Tablet on driving ability. If you experience any side effects which may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Avas D Tablet?
No, alcohol should not be consumed with Avas D Tablet as it may increase your risk of liver problems.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You have thyroid disorders or are diabetic.
- You recently had a condition where the blood supply to the brain is reduced or blocked completely.
- You or your family have a history of muscle disorders.
- You have a history of intolerance to medicines like statins (atorvastatin) or fibrates (fenofibrate).
- You consume alcohol/alcoholic beverages regularly.
- You are older than 70 years of age.
- You have increased levels of creatine kinase (CK).
- You experience muscle pain, cramps, weakness with or without fever after taking Avas D Tablets.
- You develop symptoms like weight loss, weakness, difficulty breathing, cough fever after using this medicine.
- You are taking a medicine called fusidic acid for the treatment of bacterial infections.
Mode of Action of Avas D 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Avas D Tablet contains atorvastatin and Vitamin D3/cholecalciferol as its active substances.
- Atorvastatin inhibits a substance called HMG-CoA reductase, which is responsible for the formation of low-density lipoproteins (bad cholesterol).
- Vitamin D3/cholecalciferol reduces the absorption of cholesterol in the body which lowers low-density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol).
Directions for Use of Avas D 20mg Tablet
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Avas D 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Avas D Tablet works or Avas D Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- The use of Avas D Tablet with medicines for treating bacterial infections (telithromycin), fungal infections (ketoconazole), HIV/AIDS (delavirdine, ritonavir), immune system alteration (cyclosporine), Dravet syndrome (stiripentol) should be avoided if possible....
- The use of Avas D Tablet with medicines for treating heart-related chest pain (diltiazem, verapamil) and irregular heart rhythms (amiodarone) may increase the levels of Avas D Tablet in the body.
- Using Avas D Tablet with medicines for treating depression (St. John's wort), tuberculosis (rifampicin) may decrease the levels of Avas D Tablet in the body.
- Avas D Tablet used together with other medicines for treating abnormal/high cholesterol levels (gemfibrozil, fenofibrate, ezetimibe), bacterial eye infections (fusidic acid), gout (colchicine) can increase the risk of skeletal muscle disorders....
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for treating heart failure (digoxin), blood clots (warfarin), oral contraceptives (ethinyl estradiol, norethindrone).
- The use of grapefruit juice with Avas D Tablet should be avoided.
Storage and disposal of Avas D 20mg Tablet
- Store in a cool and dry place below 30°C away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Avas D 20mg Tablet
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Avas D Tablet a blood thinner?
A: No, Avas D Tablet is not a blood thinner. It is a cholesterol-lowering medicine that is used to treat high cholesterol levels in the body.
Q: How long should I take Avas D Tablet?
A: You must continue taking Avas D until the doctor advises you to stop.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- MODLIP (Atorvastatin Calcium Tablets I.P.) [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- Kane L, Moore K, Lütjohann D, Bikle D, Schwartz J. Vitamin D3 Effects on Lipids Differ in Statin and Non-Statin-Treated Humans: Superiority of Free 25-OH D Levels in Detecting Relationships. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2013;98(11):4400-4409
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed