Arpizol 10mg Tablet
Arpizol 10 MG Description
Arpizol Tablet treats schizophrenia in adults and adolescents above 15 and manic episodes in bipolar disorder. It is also used as a supportive medicine in the treatment of depression. This medicine c
ontains aripiprazole as its active ingredient that belongs to the class of medicines known as atypical psychotic medicines. Arpizol Tablet balances the chemical levels in the brain that affect mood, behaviour and thoughts. This relieves symptoms like hallucinations in which a person sees and hears things that are not present, excitability, unusual thoughts and behaviour. Side effects of Arpizol Tablet include sleepiness, tiredness, uncontrollable urge for fidgeting and moving around, shakiness, difficulty in falling asleep, increase in salivation, vomiting, increase in blood sugar and blood fat levels and thoughts of hurting self. Arpizol Tablet is not advisable for treating psychotic symptoms in older people with dementia. This medicine may cause blood circulation problems in the elderly and increase the risk of paralysis and death. The doctors usually suggest a frequent follow up after starting the treatment to monitor for adverse effects of Arpizol. The negative effects could be suicidal thoughts, shakiness, agitation, anxiety and unusual changes in behaviour. The caregivers are advised to monitor the person taking Arpizol to develop any such symptom
|You Save||₹21.15 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Manic episodes of bipolar disorder.|
|Side effects||Uncontrollable urge to move about, fidget or obsessiveness, fits, nausea, constipation, suicidal thoughts.|
Uses of Arpizol 10 MG
- Schizophrenia patients above the age of 15 years
- Maniac episodes of Bipolar disorder
- Major depressive disorder as a supportive treatment
- Autistic disorder to control irritability
- Tourette’s syndrome
Contraindications of Arpizol 10 MG
- If you have an allergic reaction to Arpizol or any of its other ingredients.
- If you are elderly and have been diagnosed with dementia and psychosis.
Side effects of Arpizol 10 MG
- Uncontrollable urge to move and fidget
- Blurring of vision
- Vomiting sensation
- Weight gain
- Difficulty in falling or staying asleep
- Fall in blood pressure when rising from lying or sitting position
- Increased risk of falls and injuries
Precautions and Warnings of Arpizol 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have high blood sugar levels or symptoms such as excessive thirst, increased hunger or passing more urine.
- You have problems with mental ability and memory, as in dementia, and you are elderly.
- You have high or low blood pressure.
- You have a history of fits or strokes.
- You have thoughts of hurting yourself.
- You have heart disease; causing a fast or irregular heartbeat.
- You have jerky movements or twitching of the face.
- You have been feeling very aggressive, restless, irritated or angry.
- You have noticed an unusual change in your feelings, thoughts and behaviour.
- You have a stiffness of the muscles, fever and sweating.
- You have been taking other medicines for your condition.
- You have been taking other medicines, including vitamins and herbal preparations.
- You have been planning a pregnancy or are pregnant.
Mode of Action of Arpizol 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Arpizol 10 MG
- Arpizol is to be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Swallow the medicine whole without breaking it.
- It can be taken along with or without food.
- Follow your doctor's interactions about the duration and dose of the medicine.
Interactions of Arpizol 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Alpha-adrenergic blockers used to treat high blood pressure such as doxazosin, terazosin; prazosin gets enhancement in their action when taken along with Arpizol Tablet. This requires adjustment of the dose of these blood pressure-lowering medicines....
- Benzodiazepines used in the treatment of anxiety and fit such as lorazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam, diazepam cause more sleepiness and changes in blood pressure when given along with Arpizol.
- Medicines used for treating seizures such as carbamazepine reduce the availability of Arpizol Tablet in the blood when given along with it.
- Medicines used for treating depression such as fluoxetine, paroxetine increase the availability of Arpizol Tablet in the blood when taken together. The dose of Arpizol, therefore, should be reduced if prescribed along with these medicines....
- Medicines used for treating irregular heartbeat, such as quinidine, increase Arpizol Tablet levels in the blood.
- Medicines used for treating fungal infections such as itraconazole and ketoconazole increase Arpizol Tablet levels in the blood.
- Medicine used to treat infections such as clarithromycin increase the levels of Arpizol Tablet in the blood.
- Medicine used for treating tuberculosis, such as rifampicin, reduces the availability of Arpizol Tablet in the blood when given together.
Interactions with food items
- You can continue to have your usual food unless your doctor has given you some suggestions to change your diet. Food does not change the absorption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Arpizol 10 MG
Dosage of Arpizol 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Tulika Singh
M.B.B.S, DFM, PDGPPHC, MPH(NUS)
Dr. Anuj Tiwari
MBBS, DNB Medicine
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I smoke while I am on treatment with Arpizol Tablet?
Q: What precautions should I take while going out of the house while taking Arpizol Tablet?
Q: Can I take Arpizol Tablet safely while taking my high blood pressure medicines?
Q: What should I do if I feel irritated and angry while treating Arpizol Tablet?
- [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 18 February 2022]. Available from:
- ABILIFY 10 mg orodispersible tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 February 2022]. Available from:
- de Bartolomeis A, Tomasetti C, Iasevoli F. Update on the Mechanism of Action of Aripiprazole: Translational Insights into Antipsychotic Strategies Beyond Dopamine Receptor Antagonism [Internet]. 2022 [cited 18 February 2022]. Available from: