Anex Dt 50mg Tab
By RELIANCE FORMULATION PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
Anex Dt 50mg Tab contains a medicine called Cefixime that belongs to the group of antibiotics called Cephalosporins.
Uses of Anex Dt 50mg Tab
- It is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections such as infection of ear
- Infection of nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis)
- Infection of urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections)
- Throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis)
- Infection of chest and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)
Contraindications of Anex Dt 50mg Tab
- You are allergic to Cefixime or any other Cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin
- If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of this medicine
Side effects of Anex Dt 50mg Tab
- Severe diarrhea
- Watery diarrhea with fever and weakness (Pseudomembranous colitis)
- Stomach pain
- Itching or skin rash
- Vaginal discharge
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Allergic reaction like rash, joint pain, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue (serious side effects)
- Fever, sore throat, bleeding gums
- Skin rash with a pink/ red ring and a pale center which may be itchy, scaly or filled with fluid (Erythema multiforme)
Precautions and Warnings of Anex Dt 50mg Tab
Can I take Anex Dt 50mg Tab during pregnancy?
- The effect of this medicine on pregnant women is not studied
- Cefixime should not be used in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor
Can I take Anex Dt 50mg Tab while breastfeeding?
- It is unknown whether Cefixime passes into human milk
- It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine
- If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhea in your baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Anex Dt 50mg Tab?
This medicine can cause side effects like confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits, if you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Anex Dt 50mg Tab?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney disease or kidney failure
- You have severe skin adverse reactions
- You are suffering from encephalopathy (fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert)
- You are suffering from the condition called haemolytic anaemia (breakdown of red blood cells)
Mode of Action of Anex Dt 50mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Cefixime works by stopping the growth of bacterial cell wall which eventually leads to the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Anex Dt 50mg Tab
Swallow the whole tablet/ capsule with a glass of water.
Interactions of Anex Dt 50mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor if you are taking Carbamazepine (medicine used to treat seizures)
- Medications used for thinning of the blood such as Warfarin
Interactions with food items
There are no known interactions of Cefixime when taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Anex Dt 50mg Tab
- Store below 25°C
- Protect from light
- Keep out of the reach of children
Dosage of Anex Dt 50mg Tab
If you have taken too much of this medicine, seek medical care immediately, as this medicine may damage your brain (Encephalopathy).
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics and do not miss any dose. If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage schedule. Do not take the double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Cefixime?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
Q: I was given this medicine for urinary tract infection, after taking it for two days I am feeling perfectly fine, can I discontinue taking this medicine?
- No, this medicine is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, but some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.read less
Q: I have fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved