Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15's
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S contains Amlodipine, which belongs to the class of medicines named calcium channel blockers. It used for certain heart related disorders and high blood pressure. Side effects like weakness, dizziness, stomach ache, indigestion can be experienced while using this medicine. Incase if you experience too many side effects or any discomfort due to this medication contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S
Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S is used to treat high blood pressure and a type of chest pain (Angina).
Contraindications of Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S
- Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thus making it easier for the blood to pass from the blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure. It also improves the blood and oxygen supply to the heart muscle and prevents chest pain.read less
Side effects of Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S
- Feeling sick
- Stomach ache
- Muscle cramps
- Vision problems
- Rapid or irregular heartbeats (palpitation)
- Swelling of feet, ankles, legs (Oedema or fluid retention)
Precautions and Warnings of Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S
Can I take Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S during pregnancy?
The safety of Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S during pregnancy is not known. Use in pregnancy is only recommended if there is no safe alternative Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine.
Can I take Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S while breastfeeding?
Amlodipine passes into breastmilk. However, the effect of this medicine on infants is not known. Your doctor will advise you on the use of this medicine after assessing the benefits over risks
Can I drive if I have consumed Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S?
Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S may affect your ability to drive. If you feel sick, dizzy, tired or have a headache, you should be cautious while driving, especially at the start of the treatment
Can I consume alcohol with Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S?
Excessive alcohol consumption can raise blood pressure; hence, caution is advised. You should avoid binge drinking of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease
- You recently had a heart attack or heart failure
- You are elderly
- You are suffering from a severe increase in blood pressure
- You may suffer from a heart attack, or your chest pain could worsen, when you start taking this medicine, however, this happens rarely
Directions for Use of Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S
- Take Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S as directed by the doctor
- It can be taken with or even without food
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water
- Take the tablet as a whole, do not chew or crush it
Interactions of Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Antifungal medicines like Ketoconazole, medicines used to treat heart-related disorder like Verapamil with this medicine can increase the risk of low blood pressure as they increase the effect of Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S.read less
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines should not be used together with Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S as they increase the risk of side effects.
- The effect of Tacrolimus, a medicine used to reduce immune response and medicine used to lower cholesterol, is increased when used together with this medicine and may result in toxicity.
- Dantrolene, a muscle relaxant when used together with this medicine, may lower the potassium levels.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit and grapefruit juice should not be consumed along with Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S, as these can cause a drastic drop in your blood pressure.
- If your doctor has advised you a low-salt or low-sodium diet, follow these directions carefully.
Storage and disposal of Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S
- Store it in a cool and dry place
- Keep away from children
- Check the expiry date before taking medicine and do not use the medicine after the expiry date
Dosage of Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S
- You may experience dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting and weakness.
- There are chances of excessive lowering of blood pressure.
- You may become unconscious, and your skin may be cold and clammy.
- If you feel you have taken too much of this medicine, consult the doctor immediately or visit a hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
- If you miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember if there is sufficient time left for the next scheduled dose.
- If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not compensate for the missed dose by taking an extra dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S if I start feeling better, and my symptoms are gone?
A: No, do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, you should consult your doctor, and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: Is there any special diet that I need to follow while taking Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S?
A: Yes, your doctor may advise you a low-salt or low-sodium diet, follow these directions carefully.
Q: What are the complications if my high blood pressure is not under control?
A: Uncontrolled high blood pressure is known to cause severe complications in several body parts. It can cause heart failure, kidney damage, bleeding in the brain, and eyes.
Other Variants for
Amlodac 2.5mg Tablet 15'S
- Amlodac 5 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Amlodac 2 5 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Amlodac 10 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Amlodac 5 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Amlodac 2 5 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Amlodac 10 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Amlodac 2 5 Mg Tablet 40
- Amlodac 5 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Amlodac 5 Mg Bottle Of 200 Tablets
- Amlodac 5 Mg Strip Of 40 Tablets
- Amlodac 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Amlodac 10 Mg Tablet 40
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved