Ambulax Etm Tablets
Ambulax Etm Tablets Description
Ambulax Etm Tab is a combination medication containing two active ingredients, etizolam and propranolol. It belongs to the group of medications known as anti-anxiety medicines. It is used to treat va
rious psychiatric issues like severe anxiety disorders, depression and sleep problems. Etizolam is a benzodiazepine that acts by increasing the effect of GABA (gamma amino butyric acid is a chemical messenger responsible for the relaxation of the central nervous system: brain, lungs and heart), thus helping the patient feel calm and relaxed. Propranolol is a beta-blocker and acts by causing blockage of chemical messengers in and around the heart and blood vessels, thus helping to reduce blood pressure and heart rate and decrease the workload on the circulation system of the body. The Ambulax Etm Tab comes as a pack of 15 tablets. It is taken orally with water, preferably without food and at the same time every day. It is to be taken as many times as prescribed by the physician. Ambulax Etm Tab can cause side effects like dizziness, uncoordinated thoughts, uncontrolled limb movements and sleep issues. Care should be taken to stand up carefully from a sitting or lying position while taking this medication as it carries the risk of causing low blood pressure on standing. Ambulax Etm Tab may carry the risk of dependency over prolonged use. Patients should be monitored regularly, especially with a known history of substance abuse. It is not prescribed for patients below the age of 18 years.
|You Save||₹5.93 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Etizolam(0.25 Mg) + Propranolol(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Anxiety, Depression, Sleep disorders|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Muscle tremors, Vivid dreams, Dry mouth, Sedation, Unclear thinking|
Uses of Ambulax Etm Tablets
- Ambulax Etm Tab can be used in the treatment of:
- Anxiety disorders
- Sleep problems
Contraindications of Ambulax Etm Tablets
- Ambulax Etm Tab is not given or given with caution in patients of:
- Allergies to etizolam or propranolol
- Myasthenia gravis (a condition involving uncontrolled muscle tremors and limb movements)
- Lung disease
- Narrow-angle glaucoma (increased intra eye pressure due to narrow-angle of iris and retina, which blocks drainage)
- Liver disorders
- Kidney ailments
- Low blood pressure
- Long-term psychiatric illness
- Known history of self-harm/self-injury
- History of substance abuse
Side effects of Ambulax Etm Tablets
- Ambulax Etm Tab can cause side effects like
- Unclear thinking
- Uncoordinated limb movements
- Slow heart rate
- Memory issues
- Blurry vision, dry eyes
- Muscle tremors
- Mood swings
- Changes in eyesight and speech
- Vivid dreams
Precautions and Warnings of Ambulax Etm Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience any allergy after taking Ambulax Etm Tab like rashes, hives or swelling on the face.
- You want to increase/decrease the dose of the medication.
- You experience severe side effects, and they disrupt your everyday life and do not seem to go away.
- You want to stop taking Ambulax Etm Tab.
- You have missed any dose/doses of Ambulax Etm Tab.
- You experience any serious medical issues after taking Ambulax Etm Tab.
Mode of Action of Ambulax Etm Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ambulax Etm Tablets
- Take Ambulax Etm Tab orally with water, without food and as many times as prescribed by your doctor after evaluating your condition. Do not chew or crush the tablet in powder form. Care should be taken to take the medication at the same time every day....
- Do not change the dose without consultation with your physician.
- Check for the expiry date before starting on the medication.
- Do not take the medicine if you are below 18 years.
- Do not share the medication with anyone you know who has any depression/ anxiety issues. Medical consultation is a must for this medication.
- Ambulax Etm Tab may carry the risk of dependency over prolonged use. Therefore patients should be monitored regularly, especially those with a known history of substance abuse.
Interactions of Ambulax Etm Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- The following medicines have adverse medicine reactions when taken with Ambulax Etm Tab.
- Dose adjustment may be required when used with medicines that increase/decrease efficacy.
- Diphenhydramine (anti-allergic) can increase the side effects of propranolol.
- Itraconazole and fluvoxamine (antifungals) increase etizolam deposits in the blood, causing increased side effects.
- Carbamazepine, phenytoin, clonazepam, alprazolam (anti-epileptic) decrease etizolam build up.
- Sedative hypnotics like Zolpidem can cause severe respiratory problems.
- Cimetidine, omeprazole (medicine for gastric ulcers) can cause the build-up of etizolam.
- Antipsychotics like clozapine can cause respiratory problems.
- Opioid painkillers (morphine, codeine) can cause respiratory problems.
- High blood pressure medication like clonidine, moxonidine, hydralazine, minoxidil, nitroprusside, mibefradil can cause cardiac toxicity in the case of prolonged use.
Interactions with food items
- Ambulax Etm Tab does not seem to react adversely with any food. The patient's diet can be regular unless advised otherwise by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Ambulax Etm Tablets
Dosage of Ambulax Etm Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Divya Rohra
Dr. Jagruti Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B., General Medicine