By KNOLL HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alkanol Syrup is used to treat gout, kidney stones, urinary tract infections and other kidney conditions caused due to increased uric acid levels in the body. It contains disodium hydrogen citrate as the active ingredient. It acts as a urine alkalinzer. This syrup acts by increasing the pH of the urine, that is making it alkaline. Thus, enhancing the solubility of uric acid and further getting removed from the body via urine. Alkanol Syrup should be used carefully in patients having kidney diseases or heart or lung diseases or high sodium or potassium levels. Have plenty of water while using this medicine. You should take this syrup with or after meals to avoid stomach upset....
|You Save||₹10.89 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Disodium Hydrogen Citrate(1.25 G)|
|Uses||Urinary tract infection, kidney stones, gout|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Disodium Hydrogen Citrate(1.25 G)
Uses of Alkanol 1.25 G
- Alkanol Syrup is used in the treatment of gout (increased levels of uric acid) and kidney stones.
- It is also used to treat urinary tract infection and metabolic disorders caused by kidney diseases.
Contraindications of Alkanol 1.25 G
- If you are allergic to citric acid or any other ingredients of Alkanol Syrup.
- If you have kidney diseases.
- If you have high sodium or potassium levels.
- If you have high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats or heart failure.
- If you have low calcium levels.
- If you have lung diseases.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you have addison's disease (an adrenal gland disorder).
Side effects of Alkanol 1.25 G
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Alkanol 1.25 G
Can I take Alkanol Syrup during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the use of Alkanol Syrup during pregnancy. It is recommended not to use it during pregnancy, unless advised by doctor.
Can I take Alkanol Syrup while breastfeeding?
Alkanol Syrup may cause some adverse effects on the baby. Hence, the use of this medicine is not advised during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Alkanol Syrup?
Alkanol Syrup does not affect your driving ability. However, if you experience any discomforts or side effects then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Alkanol Syrup syrup?
This medicine can cause dehydration and consumption of alcohol can increase the risk of dehydration. Hence, it is recommended to avoid consuming alcohol while taking Alkanol Syrup syrup.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are diabetic.
- You have kidney diseases.
- You are suffering from chronic diarrhoea (such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease).
- Do not alter the dose of Alkanol Syrup by yourself.
- Take this medicine after food for better absorption and to avoid stomach-related side effects.
Mode of Action of Alkanol 1.25 G
How Does It Work?
Disodium hydrogen citrate present in Alkanol Syrup is metabolised to bicarbonates. This bicarbonate ions is excreted in the urine by increasing the urinary pH. This increase in pH makes the urine less acidic. This increase in urinary pH helps get rid of excess uric acid....
Directions for Use of Alkanol 1.25 G
- Alkanol Syrup should be taken as per your doctor's advise.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Mix a prescribed dose of this medicine in a glass of water and drink slowly.
Interactions of Alkanol 1.25 G
Interactions with other medicines
- Alkanol Syrup may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Antacids containing aluminium and magnesium should be taken with a minimum gap of two hours after consumption of this medicine.
- This medicine may interact with Aspirin, talk to your doctor before starting with Alkanol Syrup syrup.
- Other medicines that can interact with this medicine are Lithium, Quinidine and Salicylate.
Storage and disposal of Alkanol 1.25 G
- Alkanol Syrup should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet. Discard it when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Alkanol 1.25 G
Overdose of Alkanol may cause symptoms such as difficulty in breathing. If you experience any symptoms with the overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take a double dose of this medicine, to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Alkanol Syrup be given to children?
A: Do not give any medicines to children unless it is advised by the paediatrician.
Q: How many days should I take Alkanol Syrup?
A: The dose and duration of your treatment will depend upon the severity of your condition and improvement after taking this medicine. Do not stop on your own if you feel better; always follow your doctor's instructions.
Q: How long will Alkanol Syrup take to work?
A: It will depend upon the type of infection or disorder you have. Also, it is important to follow the instructions given by your physician to get the optimum response from this medicine.
Q: Is Alkanol Syrup an antibiotic?
A: No, Alkanol Syrup is not an antibiotic. It is a urine alkalinzer, which increases the pH of the urine making it less acidic. Thus, decreasing the uric acid levels in the body.
Q: Can I take antibiotics along with Alkanol Syrup?
A: You should consult a doctor before taking any antibiotics or any other medicine along with Alkanol Syrup. The doctor will prescribe suitable antibiotics if required, only after assessing the medical condition. Do not self medicate.
Q: Is Alkanol Syrup good for urine infection?
A: Yes, Alkanol Syrup can be used to treat urine infections. This medicine acts by converting the urine at less acidic pH, thus alleviating symptoms of urine infection.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.