By KAIZEN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
2 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Albazen Tablets Description
Albazen Tablets contains Albendazole which is used against worm infection.
Check more medicines with composition as Albendazole
Uses of Albazen Tablets
Contraindications of Albazen Tablets
- If you are allergic to Benzimidazole class of medicines like Mebendazole or any other components of the medicine
Side effects of Albazen Tablets
- Feeling dizzy
- Stomach pain
- Increased liver enzymes
- Patchy hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Albazen Tablets
Can I take Albazen Tablets during pregnancy?
Albendazole must not be used during pregnancy; it has the potential to harm the unborn baby.
Can I take Albazen Tablets while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Albendazole passes into breast milk. Caution is advised when Albendazole is used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Albazen Tablets?
You may feel dizzy after a dose of this medicine. Caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Albazen Tablets?
Drinking alcohol, along with this medicine, may increase the risk of liver problems. It is advised to limit the consumption of alcohol during the treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you are a young woman; it is essential to have a negative pregnancy test before starting this medication
- You have liver disease
- You are suffering from fits or seizures
- You experience bone marrow suppression or decrease in blood cell count
- You have a headache or fits immediately after starting the treatment
- You may experience damage on the retina
Mode of Action of Albazen Tablets
How Does It Work?
Albendazole disrupts the metabolism of parasitic worms and thus kills them by depriving them of glucose and energy.
Directions for Use of Albazen Tablets
Albazen Tablets can be swallowed with a glass of water. Please take it as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Albazen Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to reduce stomach acidity (antacids) like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to treat fits or seizure (anti-seizure) like Carbamazepine, Phenytoin, Phenobarbital
- Medicines used to treat worm infections (Praziquantel)
- Medicines used to suppress immune response (Dexamethasone)
- Medicines used to treat HIV/ AIDS (Ritonavir)
Interactions with food items
- Albazen Tablets should be taken with food
- Grapefruit or grapefruit juice should be avoided as it may worsen the side effects of Albendazole
Storage and disposal of Albazen Tablets
- It should be kept in a dry place at a temperature below 30°C
- Please protect it from light
- Keep it out of reach of children
Dosage of Albazen Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include diarrhea, vomiting, rapid heartbeat
- If you think you had an overdose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I know before taking Albazen Tablets?
- Albendazole should not be used in pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy
- Women of childbearing age are advised to take this medicine during their first week of menstruation or after a negative pregnancy test
- Women should also take measures not to have a positive pregnancy test until one month after stopping this medication
Q: I suspect worm infections in my kid; can I start him on Albazen Tablets?
A: Albendazole should be used only under medical supervision. It can cause some severe side effects and you are advised not to self-medicate.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.