Acithio Plus Tablets
Acithio Plus Tablets Description
Acithio Plus Tablet is a painkiller medicine. It is used to provide symptomatic relief from the pain caused mainly due to muscle spasm. It also helps in relieving sprains, strain, muscle ache and mus
culoskeletal pain. It contains a combination of aceclofenac and thiocolchicoside. Use this medicine as directed by the doctor and do not take it for a longer duration than prescribed.
Uses of Acithio Plus Tablets
Contraindications of Acithio Plus Tablets
- If you are allergic to aceclofenac, thiocolchicoside or any of the ingredients of Acithio Plus Tablet.
- If you have a history of serious allergies like asthma, skin rashes, swelling, etc. in response to painkillers.
- If you have or had stomach bleeding problems due to painkillers.
- If you have kidney and liver failure.
- If you have heart problems or heart failure.
- If you are losing blood or have bleeding disorders.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you are a woman of childbearing age and are not using contraception.
- This medicine may impair your fertility thus should not be used by women trying to conceive.
Side effects of Acithio Plus Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Acithio Plus Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from lung disorders like asthma, this medicine can worsen it.
- You have heart and associated problems like heart failure, low blood pressure and bleeding in the brain.
- You have kidney and liver function problems.
- You are suffering from heart diseases such as high blood pressure.
- You have stomach ulcers and bleeding problems.
- You have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), a condition that affects skin tissue.
- You have serious allergy problems and skin-related allergic reactions.
- You are trying to conceive a baby, this medicine should not be used in such cases.
- You have a history of any kind of blood disorder like anaemia.
- You are supposed to take this medicine for a prolonged time, it can affect liver and kidney functions.
- You have diarrhoea after taking this medicine, you should stop this medicine immediately.
- You experience fits or are prone to get fits.
Mode of Action of Acithio Plus Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Acithio Plus Tablets
- Acithio Plus Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Acithio Plus Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Acithio Plus Tablet contains a combination of aceclofenac and thiocolchicoside. Thus, any interaction associated with any one of these taken alone can happen with this combination too.
- Increased risk of stomach bleeding, if you take other pain killers, steroids, antidepressants like Fluoxetine or Clopidogrel along with this medicine.
- This medicine interferes with the way medicines for high blood pressure works like enalapril, captopril and a water pill.
- Concomitant use of cyclosporine and tacrolimus (used in an organ transplant) can lead to serious kidney damage.
- There is an increased risk of bleeding if this medicine is taken along with other medicines like warfarin.
- You may experience fluctuations in blood sugar if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines like glimepiride or metformin.
- Do not take Acithio Plus Tablet, if you have taken mifepristone lately (within 2 weeks).
- This medicine can worsen the heart failure problem if taken with medicines for heart failure like digoxin.
- You may experience fits if you are taking antibiotics like ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin and ofloxacin.
- Other medicines like lithium, methotrexate and zidovudine.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Acithio Plus Tablets
- Store it at a temperature below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Acithio Plus Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Being a diabetic, do I need to take any precautions before taking the Acithio Plus Tablet?
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with the Acithio Plus Tablet?
Q: Is Acithio Plus Tablet a painkiller?
Q: Can Acithio Plus Tablet be used for back pain?
- Ibugesic TH tablet [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Aceclofenac 100 mg film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021
- Myoril tablet [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]