Acflox Oz Tablets
By ACRON PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acflox Oz Tablets Description
Acflox Oz Tab contains a combination of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole, an antibiotic.
|₹9.87 (14% on MRP)
|Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Check more medicines with composition as Ofloxacin + Ornidazole
Uses of Acflox Oz Tablets
- To treat diarrhoea of mixed infection found only in adults
Contraindications of Acflox Oz Tablets
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy)
- If you have problems related to tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis)
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding
- If your age is less than 18 years
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency
Side effects of Acflox Oz Tablets
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep disturbance
- Disturbance in attention
- Altered mental state
- Stomach ache
- Low blood sugar if you have diabetes and on medicines or insulin
- Tendon disorders like tendon rupture(serious)
Precautions and Warnings of Acflox Oz Tablets
Can I take Acflox Oz Tab during pregnancy?
- It is preferable to avoid Acflox Oz Tab if you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant or are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take Acflox Oz Tab while breastfeeding?
It can pass into human breast milk and can harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Acflox Oz Tab?
You may experience sleepiness, dizziness, visual disturbance, poor coordination, vertigo, temporary loss of consciousness, rigidity or impairment of skills. It is advisable not to drive if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Acflox Oz Tab?
It is advised not to consume alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effect like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you feel strain/ pain on tendons (tendinitis), immediately stop this medicine, do not move the joint and inform your doctor immediately
- If you are experiencing continuous or bloody diarrhoea
- If you have diabetes, your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine
- If you have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can worsen it
- If you experience suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor
- If you experience fits or have a history of fits
- If you feel restlessness, lightheadedness, confusion or hallucinations
- If you feel allergic reactions like fever or rashes
- If you have kidney problem or heart problem
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
Mode of Action of Acflox Oz Tablets
How Does It Work?
Ofloxacin works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and Ornidazole kills the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Acflox Oz Tablets
Take this medicine as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Acflox Oz Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Ofloxacin and Ornidazole. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like Sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should not be taken two hours before or after this medicine
- Medicines used to treat a certain type of stomach ulcers like Cimetidine
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAID's) can increase the chance of fits
- Medicines used to treat asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) like Theophylline
- Increased chances of bleeding if taken along with Warfarin
- Blood sugar can drop if you are on insulin, Glibenclamide and thus careful monitoring of blood glucose is needed
- Medicines used to treat depression like Lithium
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (antiepileptic) like Phenytoin and Phenobarbital
Interactions with food items
- Food does not affect the way this medicine works. It can be taken with food.
Storage and disposal of Acflox Oz Tablets
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place
- Protect it from light
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Acflox Oz Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, hot and cold flushes, nausea, dizziness, facial swelling, numbness, slurring of speech and disorientation
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I avoid while taking this medicine?
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight
- Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn
- Avoid dehydration by having plenty of fluids
Q: For how many days do I need to take this medicine?
- Take this medicine as per your doctor's prescribed duration. Though you may feel better after a few doses, you must complete the course or the infection may reoccur.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Bubonic Plague Reported: Are We In Danger?
Bubonic plague, which became notorious during the 14th Century in Europe and swept through India from the 1890s to 1910s, is caused by bacteria called Yersinia pestis. Contrary to popular belief, this plague isn’t caused by rat bites. The cause of bubonic plague is the bite of infected fleas. These fleas live in the hairs
Cherry Tomatoes: Unveiling the Nutritional Benefits and Culinary Uses
Key Highlights: Introduction Cherry tomatoes are small and full of colour and flavour, they have gained popularity worldwide concerning culinary usage. They are said to be nutritious and provide potential health benefits. In this article, we will be discussing the history behind the use of cherry tomatoes, their potential benefits, the different varieties available, ,
Ashwagandha Benefits for Females: Enhancing Health with Research-Based Insights
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha goes by many names, including Withania somnifera or “Indian ginseng.” This is an adaptogenic herb with a rich history in Ayurvedic medicine spanning over 3,000 years. Its fame has grown in recent times due to the numerous health benefits it offers, especially for women’s health. In this article, we delve into
Butterfly Pea Flower: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects & More!
Key Highlights: Introduction The butterfly pea flower is scientifically called Clitoria ternatea. Its blue colour is stunning. It promises potential health benefits. It can colour your mixed drinks. Even cosmetic enthusiasts find a use for it. It is said to contain a lot of antioxidants which are probably responsible for its vibrant colour. Studies also
Fenugreek for Hair Growth: Reviewed and Confirmed by Effective Studies
Key Highlights: Introduction Hair, being one of the essential aspects of an individual’s appearance, plays a significant role in boosting one’s self-esteem and confidence. Maintaining the health of our hair is crucial, but daily exposure to environmental stressors, unhealthy lifestyles, and genetic factors can often lead to various hair problems, including hair loss. There are
Can Ashwagandha Increase Height: An Evidence-Based Review
Key Highlights: Introduction Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is an ancient medicinal herb that has been utilized in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries due to its numerous potential health benefits. One question that often arises is whether Ashwagandha can help increase height. In this article, we will explore the potential role of Ashwagandha in height growth, as well
Zinc Rich Fruits: A Comprehensive Nutritional Guide
Key Highlights: Introduction In this article, we’ll first understand why zinc is so vital. From there, we’ll learn about the best food sources of this key nutrient. Lastly, we will describe the potential benefits of zinc how to avoid deficiency. Importance of Zinc in Our Diet Zinc is said to be key for many
Fruits to Avoid During Cough and Cold: A Comprehensive Guide for Improved Recovery
Key Highlights: Introduction Illnesses like coughs and colds can take a toll on our bodies, and it’s crucial to maintain a proper diet during this time. Eating the right foods not only supports the body’s natural healing process but also helps strengthen our immune system, ensuring a faster and more efficient recovery. In this comprehensive
Flaxseed for Hair Growth: Unveiling Its Research-Based Potential Benefits
Key Highlights: Introduction Flaxseed, a popular natural remedy praised for its nutritional value, has recently gained attention for its potential benefits in promoting hair growth and overall hair health. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin E, and protein, this small but mighty seed may be the key to unlocking luscious locks and a
PharmEasy Health Partner
Earn Extra Income – Become PharmEasy Health Partner. Why should you become PharmEasy Health Partner? Here are a few reasons to consider: This is the right thing to do if you have an entrepreneurial mind. Start your business with zero investment. Build your network of customers, place their orders, and start earning for every order
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.