Albendazole+Ivermectin is a combination medicine. It is used to treat intestina
l worm/parasite infections. It suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of different body parts especially legs. Albendazole+Ivermectin is available in the form of a tablet, chewable tablet, syrup, suspension, drops and oral liquid. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting albendazole+ivermectin.
Uses of Albendazole+Ivermectin
Contraindications of Albendazole+Ivermectin
When should one not use Albendazole+Ivermectin
Side effects of Albendazole+Ivermectin
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Albendazole+Ivermectin
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver
- You develop any allergic reactions
- You experience visual abnormalities, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in the ears.
- You experience pain in your neck or back, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness.
- If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment.
Mode of Action of Albendazole+Ivermectin
How Does It Work?
- Albendazole and Ivermectin when combined, leads to better elimination of parasites.
- Albendazole works by inhibiting the absorption and uptake of glucose by a parasite which causes energy deficit and death of the parasite.
- Ivermectin works by increasing the permeability of the outer cell membrane of parasite the outer membrane which affects its muscle and nerve function leading to paralysis and death of the parasite.
Interactions of Albendazole+Ivermectin
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way albendazole+ivermectin works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicine to treat asthma, worm infection, heartburn and ulcer or are taking blood-thinning medicines, steroids.