Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bandy-Plus tablet is an antiparasitic medicine. It is used to treat intestinal worm or parasite infections. Bandy-Plus tablet is a combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin. Albendazole inhibits the g
rowth of the parasite and kills it by reducing the absorption of glucose by the parasite, whereas, Ivermectin acts on the outer membrane of the parasite, causing paralysis and death of the parasite....
Uses of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
- Bandy-Plus tablet is used to treat intestinal worm/parasite infections.
- It suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing Filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of different body parts, especially legs.
Contraindications of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Albendazole, Ivermectin or any other ingredients of the Bandy-Plus tablet.
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to Albendazole like Omeprazole, Mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
Can I take Bandy-Plus tablet during pregnancy?
Bandy-Plus tablet has the potential to harm the unborn baby and can lead to birth defects. Thus, it is not recommended for use during pregnancy.
Can I take Bandy-Plus tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of the Bandy-Plus tablet can pass into the breastmilk in small amounts, which may not cause potential harm to the baby. However, it is advisable to discuss with your doctor if you have to take Bandy-Plus tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bandy-Plus tablet?
Bandy-Plus tablet may sometimes cause dizziness, fits or visual disturbances like blurred vision. Avoid driving or using machines if you experience these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Bandy-Plus tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Bandy-Plus tablet, as it is known to cause liver problems. Your doctor may monitor your liver functions while on therapy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver. A routine liver enzyme test is recommended.
- You experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness.
- You develop skin rashes, body swelling or allergic reaction of skin, dark patches on skin and swelling.
- Your body is not able to produce sufficient blood cells due to bone marrow suppression. A test for blood cell count should be done every 4-weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later on....Read more
- You experience visual abnormalities like blurred vision, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in the ears. It may lead to an eye disorder.
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check if the infection is getting cleared.
- Women of childbearing potential should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment with Bandy-Plus tablet and are advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Albendazole inhibits the growth of the parasite and kills it by checking the absorption of glucose by the parasite, whereas, Ivermectin acts on the outer membrane of the parasite, causing paralysis an
d death of the parasite....
Directions for Use of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
Bandy-Plus tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more t
han that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Bandy-Plus tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a plannedsurgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Medicines like Praziquantel (used to treat worm infection), Cimetidine (used to treat heartburn and ulcer), Warfarin (blood thinners), steroids like Dexamethasone used for skin allergies, asthma and arthritis, other medicines used in asthma to prevent shortness of breath should be used with caution....Read more
Storage and disposal of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
- Store Bandy-Plus tablet in a cool and dry place, protect it from sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose include vomiting, dizziness, diarrhoea, skin rashes, slow heart rate, fits. If you think you have taken too much of the Bandy-Plus tablets, contact your doctor immediately or v
isit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed taking any dose of the Bandy-Plus tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do
not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Bandy-Plus tablet is used for which type of infections?
A: Bandy-Plus tablet is used to treat roundworm infections. Commonly encountered roundworms are Ascaris lumbricoides (long roundworm), Trichiurus trichiura (whipworm), Necator americanus (new world hookworm) and Ancylostoma duodenale (old world hookworm), Strongyloides stercoralis (threadworm) and Filariasis (elephantiasis). This medicine is generally considered to be safe and effective in treating infections due to these parasites.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking the Bandy-Plus tablet?
A: Bandy-Plus tablet can affect your liver or bone marrow. Hence, routine monitoring of blood tests is required. Especially, liver function tests need to be done every 2-weeks while on therapy. Do not take Bandy-Plus tablet during pregnancy. Do not try for a pregnancy until 1-month after stopping this medicine. Consult your doctor if you develop any skin rashes while on treatment with this medicine.
Q: Is Bandy-Plus tablet effective?
A: Bandy-Plus tablet is effective when taken at dose and duration advised by your doctor. If you stop taking medicine once you start feeling better, the chance of the infection reoccurring are more.
Q: How do I know if I have a nematode infection?
A: Symptoms vary for different parasites. Most of these worms cause gastrointestinal symptoms but some of them can cause cough, blood in sputum, lung and brain infections. Loss of appetite, fever, diarrhoea, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, anaemia and eosinophilia are some symptoms that are common for most nematodes. Self-treatment with Bandy-Plus tablet is not recommended. It is advisable to take this medicine on prescription, even if you are sure that you have the disease.
Last Updated on: 21 Aug 2021 | 10:23 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
KBC Ghar Baithe Jeeto Jackpot! Win Rs.1,00,000.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved