Bandy Plus 6mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
Bandy Plus 6mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet Description
Bandy-Plus tablet is an antiparasitic medicine. It is used to treat intestinal worm or parasite infections. It is a combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin. Albendazole inhibits the growth of the p
arasite and kills it by reducing the absorption of glucose by the parasite, whereas, Ivermectin acts on the outer membrane of the parasite, causing paralysis and death of the parasite. Bandy plus should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken before food. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it or you are suffering from any heart, liver or kidney diseases.
|You Save||₹4.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Albendazole(400.0 Mg) + Ivermectin(6.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Intestinal worm or parasite infections|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, constipation, muscle pain, weakness|
Uses of Bandy Plus 6mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
- Bandy-Plus tablet is used to treat intestinal worm/parasite infections.
- It suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing Filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of different body parts, especially legs.
Contraindications of Bandy Plus 6mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
- If you are allergic to Albendazole, Ivermectin or any other ingredients of the Bandy-Plus tablet.
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to Albendazole like Omeprazole, Mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Bandy Plus 6mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Irregular heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Bandy Plus 6mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver. A routine liver enzyme test is recommended.
- You experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness.
- You develop skin rashes, body swelling or allergic reaction of skin, dark patches on skin and swelling.
- Your body is not able to produce sufficient blood cells due to bone marrow suppression. A test for blood cell count should be done every 4-weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later on....
- You experience visual abnormalities like blurred vision, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in the ears. It may lead to an eye disorder.
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check if the infection is getting cleared.
- Women of childbearing potential should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment with Bandy-Plus tablet and are advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Bandy Plus 6mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Bandy Plus 6mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
Interactions of Bandy Plus 6mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Bandy-Plus tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Medicines like Praziquantel (used to treat worm infection), Cimetidine (used to treat heartburn and ulcer), Warfarin (blood thinners), steroids like Dexamethasone used for skin allergies, asthma and arthritis, other medicines used in asthma to prevent shortness of breath should be used with caution....
Storage and disposal of Bandy Plus 6mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
- Store Bandy-Plus tablet in a cool and dry place, protect it from sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.