Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet is an antiparasitic medicine containing a combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin. It is used to treat intestinal worm or parasite infections. Avoid using this tablet if you are allergic to it or any of its components. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
- Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet is used to treat intestinal worm/parasite infections.
- It suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing Filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of different body parts, especially legs.
Contraindications of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Albendazole, Ivermectin or any of the ingredients of Bandy Plus 6 mg tablet.
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to Albendazole like Omeprazole, Mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and constipationread less
- Muscle pain, weakness, fatigue and irregular heartbeats
- Headache, dizziness, fits, feeling sleepy and spinning of head
- Skin rashes, hair loss and itching, fever
- Swelling of the face and other body parts
- A gradual drop in blood pressure when you stand
Precautions and Warnings of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
Can I take Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet has the potential to harm the unborn baby and can lead to birth defects. Thus, it is not recommended for use during pregnancy.
Can I take Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet pass into the breastmilk in small amounts, which may not cause potential harm to the baby. However, it is advisable to discuss with your doctor if you have to take Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet?
Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet may sometimes cause dizziness, fits or visual disturbances like blurred vision. Avoid driving or using machines if you experience these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet, as it is known to cause liver problems. Your doctor may monitor your liver functions while on therapy.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver. A routine liver enzyme test is recommended.
- You experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness.
- You develop skin rashes, body swelling or allergic reaction of skin, dark patches on skin and swelling.
- Your body is not able to produce sufficient blood cells due to bone marrow suppression. A test for blood cell count should be done after every 4-weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later on.read less
- You experience visual abnormalities like blurred vision, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in the ears. It may lead to an eye disorder.
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check if the infection is getting cleared.
- Women of childbearing potential should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment with Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet and are advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Albendazole inhibits the growth of the parasite and kills it by checking the absorption of glucose by the parasite, whereas, Ivermectin acts on the outer membrane of the parasite, causing paralysis and death of the parasite.
Directions for Use of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Medicines like Praziquantel (used to treat worm infection), Cimetidine (used to treat heartburn and ulcer), Warfarin (blood thinners), steroids like Dexamethasone used for skin allergies, asthma and arthritis, other medicines used in asthma to prevent shortness of breath should be used with caution.read less
Storage and disposal of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
- Store Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet in a cool and dry place, protect it from sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Bandy Plus 6mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include vomiting, dizziness, diarrhoea, skin rashes, slow heart rate, fits. If you think you have taken too much of Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablets, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet is used for which type of infections?
A: Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet is used to treat roundworm infections. Commonly encountered roundworms are Ascaris lumbricoides (long roundworm), Trichiurus trichiura (whipworm), Necator americanus (new world hookworm) and Ancylostoma duodenale (old world hookworm), Strongyloides stercoralis (threadworm) and Filariasis (elephantiasis). This medicine is generally considered to be safe and effective in treating infections due to these parasites.
Q: Is there anything else I need to know before taking Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet?
A: Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet can affect your liver or bone marrow. Hence, routine monitoring of blood tests is required. Especially, liver function tests need to be done every 2-weeks while on therapy. Do not take Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet during pregnancy. Do not try for a pregnancy until 1-month after stopping this medicine. Consult your doctor if you develop any skin rashes while on treatment with this medicine.
Q: Is Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet effective?
A: Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet is effective when taken at dose and duration advised by your doctor. If you stop taking medicine once you start feeling good, the chance of reoccurring the infection are more.
Q: How do I know if I have a nematode infection?
A: Symptoms vary for different parasites. Most of these worms cause gastrointestinal symptoms but some of them can cause cough, blood in sputum, lung and brain infections. Loss of appetite, fever, diarrhoea, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, anaemia and eosinophilia are some symptoms that are common for most nematodes. Self-treatment with Bandy Plus 6 mg Tablet is not recommended. It is advisable to take this medicine on prescription, even if you are sure that you have the disease.
Last Updated on: 17 Nov 2020 | 03:52 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved