Bandy Plus Bottle Of 10ml Suspension
Bandy-Plus suspension is an anti-worm medicine. It is used for the treatment of worm infection in your intestine. Bandy-Plus suspension is a combination medicine containing albendazole and ivermectin
as its active ingredients. The combination acts as a deworming agent by killing the worm and eliminating it from the body. Albendazole stops the uptake of glucose by a parasite which causes energy deficit and death of the parasite. Ivermectin acts by increasing the permeability of the outer cell membrane of the parasite, the outer membrane which affects the muscle and nerve function leading to paralysis and death of the parasite. The dose and duration of the treatment with Bandy-Plus suspension will be decided by your doctor after accessing your condition. Shake the bottle well before consuming this syrup. Bandy-Plus suspension is not recommended for pregnant women. You should not take medicine if you are allergic to it.
Uses of BANDY PLUS BOTTLE OF 10ML SUSPENSION
- Bandy-Plus suspension is used for the treatment of intestinal worm/parasite infections.
- For treatment of filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of body parts, especially legs.
Contraindications of BANDY PLUS BOTTLE OF 10ML SUSPENSION
- If you are allergic to albendazole, ivermectin or other ingredients of Bandy-Plus suspension.
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to albendazole like omeprazole, mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of BANDY PLUS BOTTLE OF 10ML SUSPENSION
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of BANDY PLUS BOTTLE OF 10ML SUSPENSION
Other General Warnings
- You may develop rashes, body swelling or allergic skin reaction, dark patches on the skin and swelling.
- You experience visual abnormalities, headache, fits, dizziness, and ringing in the ears, which may lead to an eye disorder.
- You may have a liver function problem, a routine liver enzyme test is recommended.
- You may experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness, and unconsciousness.
- You are a woman of childbearing potential, you should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment and advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check that the infection is getting cured.
- A blood cell count must be performed after every 4 weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later on.
Directions for Use of BANDY PLUS BOTTLE OF 10ML SUSPENSION
- Take Bandy-Plus suspension as instructed by the doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Storage and disposal of BANDY PLUS BOTTLE OF 10ML SUSPENSION
- Store Bandy-Plus suspension in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of BANDY PLUS BOTTLE OF 10ML SUSPENSION
- Bandy-Plus suspension is an anti-helminthic medicine used to treat worm infections like roundworm, tapeworm and pinworm. It should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor....
- Take this medicine exactly as recommended by your doctor. Shake well before use. Use a dropper or measuring cup for the exact quantity.
- Before starting Bandy-Plus suspension, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, inform about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- Do not take any medicine on your own without confirming with your doctor during treatment with Bandy-Plus suspension.
- Tiredness, nausea, abdominal pain and sore throat can occur as side effects of this medicine. Inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve even after completing the treatment with this medicine....
- During treatment, make sure to take enough fluids and fibre-rich food. It is preferable to take Bandy-Plus suspension on an empty stomach with water.
Dosage of BANDY PLUS BOTTLE OF 10ML SUSPENSION
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of BANDY PLUS BOTTLE OF 10ML SUSPENSION
How Does It Work?
Interactions of BANDY PLUS BOTTLE OF 10ML SUSPENSION
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Bandy-Plus suspension works or Bandy-Plus itself can interfere with the action of other medicines taken along. Thus, before initiating the treatment, tell your doctor about all the medicine, supplement or herbals you are currently taking or might take....
- Especially, if you are taking steroids, anti-worm medicines such as praziquantel, anti-asthmatics, acidity medicine and blood thinners.