Bandy Plus Susp
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bandy-Plus suspension is used for infection caused by worms. It is a combination of albendazole and ivermectin as its active ingredients. It is an anti-worm medicine. The combination acts as a dewormi
ng agent by killing the worm and eliminating it from the body. Bandy-Plus suspension is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age and pregnant women. You should not take the medicine if you are allergic to it. You may experience stomach discomfort or pain, gas, and diarrhoea after taking the medicine. If these symptoms worsen reach out to the doctor or nearest hospital or clinic....
Uses of Bandy Plus Susp
- Bandy-Plus suspension is used for the treatment of intestinal worm/parasite infections.
- It suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of body parts especially legs.
Contraindications of Bandy Plus Susp
- If you are allergic to albendazole, ivermectin or other ingredients of Bandy-Plus suspension.
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to albendazole like omeprazole, mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Bandy Plus Susp
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Bandy Plus Susp
Can I take the Bandy-Plus suspension during pregnancy?
Bandy-Plus suspension should not be used during pregnancy due to limited safety information available. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can I take the Bandy-Plus suspension while breastfeeding?
Limited information is available about the effect of Bandy-Plus suspension while breastfeeding. Caution is advised. Please consult your doctor before using it.
May I drive if I have consumed the Bandy-Plus suspension?
If you experience dizziness, fits or visual disturbances after taking Bandy-Plus suspension, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Bandy-Plus suspension?
It is advised to limit alcohol consumption to a minimum or avoid it completely while on treatment with Bandy-Plus suspension.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may develop rashes, body swelling or allergic skin reaction, dark patches on the skin and swelling.
- You experience visual abnormalities, headache, fits, dizziness, and ringing in the ears, which may lead to an eye disorder.
- You may have a liver function problem, a routine liver enzyme test is recommended.
- You may experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness, and unconsciousness.
- You are a woman of childbearing potential, you should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment and advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check that the infection is getting cured.
- Blood cell count must be performed after every 4 weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later on.
- Bandy-Plus suspension should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Bandy Plus Susp
How Does It Work?
The Bandy-Plus suspension works by the combined action of both its components. Albendazole stops the uptake of glucose by a parasite that causes energy deficit and death of the parasite. Ivermectin ac
ts by increasing the permeability of the outer cell membrane of the parasite, the outer membrane which affects the muscle and nerve function leading to paralysis and death of the parasite. Albendazole and ivermectin when combined lead to better elimination of parasites....
Directions for Use of Bandy Plus Susp
- Take Bandy-Plus suspension as instructed by the doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Bandy Plus Susp
Interactions with other medicines
- Steroids like dexamethasone used in skin allergies, asthma, and arthritis.
- Medicines used to treat worm infections like praziquantel.
- Medicine used for asthma to prevent shortness of breath.
- Medicines used to treat heartburn and ulcer-like cimetidine.
- Medicines used to stop blood clotting like warfarin.
- Discuss with the doctor about other medicine, herbal preparation, and supplements you are taking currently to avoid possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Bandy Plus Susp
- Store Bandy-Plus suspension at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Bandy Plus Susp
Symptoms of overdose of Bandy-Plus suspension are fits, vomiting, slow heart rate, dizziness, diarrhoea or skin rashes. If you have consumed too much of the medicine, seek medical attention immediatel
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Bandy-Plus suspension, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a
double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For which type of infections can I use Bandy-Plus suspension?
A: Bandy-Plus suspension is used to treat roundworm infections. Commonly encountered roundworms are Ascaris lumbricoides (long roundworm), trichiuris trichiura (whipworm), necator americanus (new world hookworm) and ancylostoma duodenale (old world hookworm), Strongyloides stercoralis (threadworm) and filariasis (elephantiasis). The medicine is generally considered to be safe and effective in treating infections due to these parasites.
Q: How do I know if I have a nematode infection?
A: Symptoms vary for different parasites. Most of the worms cause gastrointestinal symptoms but some of them may cause cough, blood in sputum, lung and brain infections. Loss of appetite, fever, diarrhoea, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, anaemia, and eosinophilia are symptoms that are common for most nematodes. Self-treatment with Bandy-Plus suspension is not recommended. It is advisable to take the medicine on prescription, even if you are sure that you have the disease.
Q: Is there anything else I should know before taking Bandy-Plus suspension?
A: Bandy-Plus suspension may affect your liver or bone marrow. Hence, routine monitoring of blood tests is required. Liver function tests have to be done every 2 weeks while on therapy. Do not take Bandy-Plus suspension during pregnancy. Do not try for a pregnancy until 1 month after stopping the medicine. Consult the doctor if you develop skin rashes while on treatment with the medicine.
Q: Can I take Bandy-Plus suspension during pregnancy?
A: Bandy-Plus suspension should not be taken during pregnancy because of no studies and information available about its effect on pregnant women.
Q: Can I take Bandy-Plus suspension during periods?
A: Yes, Bandy-Plus suspension may be taken during periods.
- BENDEX Plus Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 27 July 2021]
- DailyMed - ALBENDAZOLE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 27 July 2021]
- Ivermectin Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 27 July 2021]
- BANDY PLUS Dosage & Drug Information | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 27 July 2021]
Last Updated on: 29 Jul 2021 | 07:04 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved