Bandy Plus 12mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Bandy-Plus 12 tablet is an anti-worm medicine used to treat infection of the intestine caused by worms. It is a combination medicine containing albendazole and ivermectin as its active ingredients. Th
is combination acts as a deworming agent by killing the worm and eliminating it from the body. Bandy-Plus 12 tablet is not for use in children below 2years of age and pregnant women. Take this medicine for the prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor. You can take Bandy-Plus 12 with or without food, but take it at a fixed time for better results....
Uses of Bandy Plus 12mg Tablet
- Bandy-Plus 12 tablet is used for the treatment of intestinal worm/parasite infections.
- It also suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of different body parts especially legs.
Contraindications of Bandy Plus 12mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to albendazole, ivermectin or any of the ingredients of Bandy-Plus 12 tablet.
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to albendazole like omeprazole, mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Bandy Plus 12mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash or itching
Precautions and Warnings of Bandy Plus 12mg Tablet
Can I take Bandy-Plus 12 tablet during pregnancy?
Bandy-Plus 12 tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning a pregnancy before starting this medicine.
Can I take Bandy-Plus 12 tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Bandy-Plus 12 tablet on breastfeeding. Caution is advised while breastfeeding. Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Bandy-Plus 12 tablet?
If you experience dizziness, fits or visual disturbances after taking Bandy-Plus 12 tablet, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Bandy-Plus 12 tablet?
As Bandy-Plus 12 tablet is known to cause liver problems and liver functions need to be monitored while on therapy, you are advised to limit your alcohol consumption to a minimum or avoid it completely.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop rashes, body swelling or allergic reaction on skin, dark patches on skin and swelling.
- You experience visual abnormalities, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in the ears, it may lead to an eye disorder.
- You have a liver function problem, a routine liver enzyme test is recommended.
- You experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness.
- You are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- You are a woman of childbearing potential, you should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment and are advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check if the infection is getting cleared.
- Blood cell count should be performed after every 4 weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later on.
- Bandy-Plus 12 tablet should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Bandy Plus 12mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Albendazole inhibits the uptake of glucose by a parasite which causes energy deficit and death of the parasite. Ivermectin acts by increasing the permeability of the outer cell membrane of the parasite which affects its muscle and nerve function leading to paralysis and death of the parasite....Read more
- Albendazole and Ivermectin when combined, lead to better elimination of parasites.
Directions for Use of Bandy Plus 12mg Tablet
Bandy-Plus 12 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by you
Interactions of Bandy Plus 12mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way this medicine works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicine to treat asthma, worm infection, heartburn and ulcers, blood-thinning medicines, steroids.
Storage and disposal of Bandy Plus 12mg Tablet
- Store Bandy-Plus 12 tablets in cool and dry places.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Bandy Plus 12mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose of Bandy-Plus 12 tablet are fits, vomiting, slow heart rate, dizziness, diarrhoea or skin rashes. If you have consumed too much of this medicine, seek medical attention immedia
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Bandy-Plus 12 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not
take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For what type of infections can I use Bandy-Plus 12 tablet?
A: Bandy-Plus 12 tablet is used to treat roundworm infections. Commonly encountered roundworms are ascaris lumbricoides (long roundworm), trochilus trichiura (whipworm), necator americanus (new world hookworm), ancylostoma duodenale (old world hookworm), strongyloides stercoralis (threadworm) and filariasis (elephantiasis). This medicine is generally considered to be effective in treating infections due to these parasites.
Q: How do I know if I have a nematode infection?
A: Symptoms vary for different parasites. Most of these worms cause gastrointestinal symptoms but some of them can cause cough, blood in sputum, lung and brain infections. Loss of appetite, fever, diarrhoea, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, anaemia and eosinophilia are some symptoms that are common for most nematodes. Self-treatment with Bandy-Plus 12 tablet is not recommended. It is advisable to take this medicine on prescription, even if you are sure that you have the disease.
Q: Can I take Bandy-Plus 12 tablet during periods?
A: Yes, Bandy-Plus 12 tablet can be taken during periods.
- Bendex Plus [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- DailyMed - ALBENDAZOLE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- Ivermectin [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
- BANDY PLUS Dosage & Drug Information | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 14 July 2021]
Last Updated on: 16 Jul 2021 | 06:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
KBC Ghar Baithe Jeeto Jackpot! Win Rs.1,00,000.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved