Bandy Plus 12mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
Bandy Plus 12mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet Description
Bandy-Plus 12 tablet is an anti-worm medicine used to treat infection of the intestine caused by worms. It is a combination medicine containing albendazole and ivermectin as its active ingredients. T
his combination acts as a deworming agent by killing the worm and eliminating it from the body. Bandy-Plus 12 tablet is not for use in children below 2years of age and pregnant women. Take this medicine for the prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor. You can take Bandy-Plus 12 with or without food, but take it at a fixed time for better results.
Uses of Bandy Plus 12mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
- Bandy-Plus 12 tablet is used for the treatment of intestinal worm/parasite infections.
- It also suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of different body parts especially legs.
Contraindications of Bandy Plus 12mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
- If you are allergic to albendazole, ivermectin or any of the ingredients of Bandy Plus 12 tablet.
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to albendazole like omeprazole, mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Bandy Plus 12mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash or itching
Precautions and Warnings of Bandy Plus 12mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You develop rashes, body swelling or allergic reaction on skin, dark patches on skin and swelling.
- You experience visual abnormalities, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in the ears, it may lead to an eye disorder.
- You have a liver function problem, a routine liver enzyme test is recommended.
- You experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness.
- You are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- You are a woman of childbearing potential, you should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment and are advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check if the infection is getting cleared.
- Blood cell count should be performed after every 4 weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later on.
- Bandy-Plus 12 tablet should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Bandy Plus 12mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Albendazole inhibits the uptake of glucose by a parasite which causes energy deficit and death of the parasite. Ivermectin acts by increasing the permeability of the outer cell membrane of the parasite which affects its muscle and nerve function leading to paralysis and death of the parasite....
- Albendazole and Ivermectin when combined, lead to better elimination of parasites.
Directions for Use of Bandy Plus 12mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
Interactions of Bandy Plus 12mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way this medicine works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicine to treat asthma, worm infection, heartburn and ulcers, blood-thinning medicines, steroids.
Storage and disposal of Bandy Plus 12mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
- Store Bandy-Plus 12 tablets in cool and dry places.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Bandy Plus 12mg Strip Of 1 Chewable Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For what type of infections can I use Bandy-Plus 12 tablet?
Q: How do I know if I have a nematode infection?
Q: Can I take Bandy-Plus 12 tablet during periods?
Q: What is Bandy Plus used for?
Q: Bandy Plus vs Bandy, are they the same?
Q: Is Bandy Plus 12 tablet effective?
- Bendex Plus [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- DailyMed - ALBENDAZOLE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- Ivermectin [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
- BANDY PLUS Dosage & Drug Information | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]