Ivoral Forte Tab
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ivoral Forte tablet is a combination medicine containing albendazole and ivermectin. It is an anti-worm medicine. Ivoral Forte tablet is used to treat infection of intestine caused by worms. This combination acts as a deworming agent by killing the worm and eliminating them from the body. This medicine is not recommended for use in children below 2 years of age and pregnant women. Take Ivoral Forte tablet as advised by your doctor.
Uses of Ivoral Forte Tab
- Ivoral Forte tablet is used for the treatment of intestinal worm/parasite infections.
- It also suppresses the growth of worm/parasite causing filariasis, a disease characterised by abnormal enlargement of different body parts especially legs.
Contraindications of Ivoral Forte Tab
- If you are allergic to albendazole, ivermectin or any of the ingredients of Ivoral Forte tablet
- If you are allergic to medicines similar to albendazole like omeprazole, mebendazole, etc.
Side effects of Ivoral Forte Tab
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Ivoral Forte Tab
Can I take Ivoral Forte tablet during pregnancy?
Ivoral Forte tablet should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning pregnancy.
Can I take Ivoral Forte tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of Ivoral Forte tablet on breastfeeding. Caution is advised while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ivoral Forte tablet?
If you experience dizziness, fits or visual disturbances after taking Ivoral Forte tablet, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ivoral Forte tablet?
As Ivoral Forte tablet is known to cause liver problems and liver functions need to be monitored while on therapy, you are advised to limit your alcohol consumption to a minimum or avoid it completely.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop rashes, body swelling or allergic reaction to skin, dark patches on skin and swelling.
- You experience visual abnormalities, headache, fits, dizziness and ringing in the ears, it may lead to an eye disorder.
- You have a liver function problem, a routine liver enzyme test is recommended.
- You experience neck pain, back pain, difficulty in breathing, confusion, laziness and unconsciousness.
- You are a woman of childbearing potential, you should get tested for pregnancy before starting the treatment and are advised to use proper contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- A routine examination of stool is recommended to check if the infection is getting cleared.
- Blood cell count should be performed after every 4 weeks at the beginning of therapy and every two weeks later on.
- Ivoral Forte tablet should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Ivoral Forte Tab
How Does It Work?
Albendazole inhibits the uptake of glucose by a parasite which causes energy deficit and death of the parasite. Ivermectin acts by increasing the permeability of the outer cell membrane of parasite the outer membrane which affects its muscle and nerve function leading to paralysis and death of the parasite. Albendazole and Ivermectin when combined, leads to better elimination of parasites.
Directions for Use of Ivoral Forte Tab
Ivoral Forte tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ivoral Forte Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Ivoral Forte tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking steroids like dexamethasone used for skin allergies, asthma and arthritis, medicines used to treat worm infection like Praziquantel, a medicine used in asthma to prevent shortness of breath, medicines used to treat heartburn and ulcer-like Cimetidine, medicines used to stop blood clotting like Warfarin.Read less
Storage and disposal of Ivoral Forte Tab
- Store Ivoral Forte tablets in cool and dry places.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Ivoral Forte Tab
Symptoms of overdose of Ivoral Forte tablet are fits, vomiting, slow heart rate, dizziness, diarrhoea or skin rashes. If you have consumed too much of this medicine, seek medical attention immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For what type of infections can I use Ivoral Forte tablet?
A: Ivoral Forte tablet is used to treat roundworm infections. Commonly encountered roundworms are ascaris lumbricoides (long roundworm), trochilus trichiura (whipworm), necator americanus (new world hookworm) and ancylostoma duodenale (old world hookworm), strongyloides stercoralis (threadworm) and filariasis (elephantiasis). This medicine is generally considered to be safe and effective in treating infections due to these parasites.
Q: How do I know if I have a nematode infection?
A: Symptoms vary for different parasites. Most of these worms cause gastrointestinal symptoms but some of them can cause cough, blood in sputum, lung and brain infections. Loss of appetite, fever, diarrhoea, weight loss, nausea, vomiting, anaemia and eosinophilia are some symptoms that are common for most nematodes. Self-treatment with Ivoral Forte tablet is not recommended. It is advisable to take this medicine on prescription, even if you are sure that you have the disease.
Q: Can I take Ivoral Forte tablet during pregnancy?
A: Ivoral Forte tablet should not be taken during pregnancy because it can cause harm to the unborn child. The risk associated with the use of medicine during pregnancy weighs more than the benefits.
Q: For how long I should take the Ivoral Forte tablet?
A: Ivoral Forte tablet should be taken as prescribed by the doctor. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
- Bendex Plus [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- DailyMed - ALBENDAZOLE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- Ivermectin [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- BANDY PLUS Dosage & Drug Information | CIMS India [Internet]. Mims.com. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
Last Updated on: 15 Jul 2021 | 11:19 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved